Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    This might be our guy........

Raiders CB T.J. Carrie is expected to test free agency.

Carrie was Oakland’s top corner last year, with the majority of his snaps coming in the slot. The Raiders can’t afford to lose Carrie after cutting ties with David Amerson but may not be able to match what he can get on the open market. 27-year-old Carrie is one of the better free agents available this offseason.

White Sox & Redskins Forever

running back ?

ESPN Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold believes the Broncos will release or trade C.J. Anderson this offseason.

Anderson has two years left on his contract at $4.5 million salaries in 2018 and 2019, but the Broncos will suffer zero dead-money hits if they choose to release him. Anderson was one of the overall bright spots on a bad 2017 Broncos team, rushing for 1,000-plus yards for the first time in his career. But, according to Legwold, Denver wants Devontae Booker to be its starter, and Anderson was very critical of the Broncos' move to fire RBs coach Eric Studesville. Anderson just turned 27 on Sunday and wouldn't have a hard time finding a new team.

another guy we could use.....

The Charlotte Observer's Joe Person doesn't expect the Panthers to use the franchise tag on free agent LG Andrew Norwell.

Carolina has a ton of money tied up in its offensive line with LT Matt Kalil, C Ryan Kalil, and RG Trai Turner. Tagging Norwell would leave the Panthers on the hook for a guaranteed $14.3 million-ish, money they'd likely prefer to use elsewhere. Norwell, 26, is one of the top overall free agents available.

With the big money the Redskins are paying Alex Smith, as well as some of the other holes they have, I don't see the Redskins paying Norwell big money. Not with big money already tied up in Williams, Scherff and Moses. I see Spencer Long coming back, as well as another competent starter being brought in. No one to set the world on fire, but you never know.

I don't think I've ever seen our fan base so down , going into the draft and offseason. It is like no one wants to even talk about this team anymore. We have hit sub Browns likability......

Quote Originally Posted by coconut View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen our fan base so down , going into the draft and offseason. It is like no one wants to even talk about this team anymore. We have hit sub Browns likability......
    What can I say......the fans have finally had enough. It's not worth it anymore.

I think a quiet offseason might not be a bad thing. I think the Skins made out as well as they could have with the Cousins situation. They do have a few key FAs that they need to bring back or replace and a few areas that need significant upgrading. I expect things to pick back up once the new league year starts.

I’m other news, JP Finley is reporting that if Allen Robinson isn’t tagged by the Jags today the Skins would like to make a run at him. Keim seconds the report, adding it depends on how much money he wants. He goes on to say he’s on the “short list” of the Recievers the Skins have interest in this offseason.

If he's healthy, .......a big upgrade for us at WR.......

Mo Wilkerson set to visit the Skins according to Jason La Canfora. Would be a nice upgrade but has left 3 visits with no deal. I would be hesitant to pay him big money long term, wasn’t as reliable for the Jets after he got paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin Hopkins back with the Redskins- http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ngton-redskins

Some of his misses, I can't blame him, especially at Fed Ex. After the first 2-3 games played there, that field is awful due to the concerts and other games and events that Snyder has at the stadium. Though I definitely think the Redskins bring in some competition. Personally, I would love to see Rod Blankenship get a shot, but I bet he is drafted by someone and I can't see this FO investing a pick in a kicker.

So....with FA starting and losing Brown, we have several holes to fill between rb, wr, LB, DT, CB and safety. If you figure we get 2 potential starters at best with a 1st and 2nd rd pick, that means we will have to get some free agents to compete (and we are obviously in panic to compete mode w a coach w one yr left and an aging QB we paid a ton and gave up a 3rd and great young QB for). What are top FA priorities?

DT- Suh?, Wilkerson (draft Payne or Vita Vea 13 overall?)

WR- Richardson (no thanks), Watkins, Robinson, others?

LB- Brown from Buffalo for our Brown?

RB- gotta get a FA to compete. Hyde? AP? Dion Lewis?

CB and Safety- gotta get somebody at CB as a top priority in my mind. No to Breeland at $11 mill per yr. Safety would be great, I think we continue to back shelf it and pay the price

The number of holes is exactly why I advocated months ago to trade Cousins and some other veterans for picks and blow the whole thing up to rebuild from the draft. The Redskins just have too many holes to fix on the fly and remain competitive. Being stuck in this 6-10/9-7 frame doesn't do the team any good long-term, especially with an aging QB now on the roster.

I just want this team to have a commitment to winning from the ground up. Follow the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Packers etc and build through the draft. No more band-aids and fixing things in free agency.

They missed the bus with their opportunity to trade Cousins, the time was before the last draft. They could have gotten a decent return for him then.

Having said that I think they will be ok this offseason. They definitely need a difference making WR, CB depth, DL help, and a ILB.

Yes, we definitely missed an opportunity...but as fans we have to move on. We'll have a good FA and then we'll have a good draft and go from there. The NFC is wide open and we're not that far away from being a consistent playoff team. I've been a fan for over 30 years, so I feel your pain...trust me, but I think we're going to surprise some people this year.

Paul Richardson 5 years/40M with 20M guaranteed.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast