Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sportsnet terminates Zaun after allegations of inappropriate behaviour

Former Major League Baseball player and TV analyst Gregg Zaun has been terminated from his position with Sportsnet following allegations of inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.

Zaun had been working as a full-time analyst on Sportsnet’s baseball telecasts since his retirement from the majors in 2011.

Rick Brace, president of Rogers Media, released the following statement on Thursday.

“This week, we received complaints from multiple female employees at Sportsnet regarding inappropriate behaviour and comments by Gregg Zaun in the workplace. After investigating the matter, we decided to terminate his contract, effective immediately. This type of behaviour completely contradicts our standards and our core values. We believe in a professional workplace where all employees feel comfortable and respected. We are grateful to our employees who spoke with us and we will take every measure to protect their privacy.”
    There were no allegations of physical or sexual assault.

Zaun spent 16 years in the majors as a catcher. He split his time with nine different teams, including the Toronto Blue Jays for five seasons.

More details to follow.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...ate-behaviour/

TORONTO — Gregg Zaun has been fired from Sportsnet due to "inappropriate behaviour and comments" toward female employees.

Rick Brace, President of Rogers Media, said in a statement Thursday that the company was terminating the contract of the MLB studio analyst effective immediately.

"This week, we received complaints from multiple female employees at Sportsnet regarding inappropriate behaviour by Gregg Zaun in the workplace," the statement said. "After investigating the matter, we decided to terminate his contract, effective immediately. This type of behaviour completely contradicts our standards and our core values. We believe in a professional workplace where all employees feel comfortable and respected. We are grateful to our employees who spoke with us and we will take every measure to protect their privacy."

Zaun, a former Blue Jays catcher, began a part-time broadcasting career with Sportsnet following the 2006 season. He initially signed a two-year deal as a MLB studio analyst with Sportsnet in 2011 and continued working with the network until his termination.

Zaun, 46, played 16 major league seasons, including five years in Toronto from 2004-2008. He captured a World Series with the Florida Marlins in 1997.

Sportsnet.ca reported on its website that there were no allegations of physical or sexual assault.
    Zaun's dismissal comes at a time when allegations of sexual harassment are widespread in the film industry, politics and the newsroom with prominent figures such as producer Harvey Weinstein and Today Show host Matt Lauer among those accused.

Zaun, who referred to himself as "the Manalyst," was ridiculed over Twitter back in 2012 when he tweeted a disparaging comment about women in a Toronto nightclub.

His was one of the names mentioned in the Mitchell Report — the result of former U.S. Senator George J. Mitchell's 20-month investigation into performance-enhancing drug use in MLB that was released in 2007.
    https://www.tsn.ca/zaun-fired-for-in...viour-1.931075
    Last edited by statquo; 11-30-2017 at 09:27 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I know a lot of people have differing opinions on Zaun but I always liked him. Damn wonder what the allegations are?

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I know a lot of people have differing opinions on Zaun but I always liked him. Damn wonder what the allegations are?
    Probably just said some girl was sexy, maybe said you look hot... said it was nothing physical so just inappropriate comments.

shocker. guy was always a creeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Not really a whole lot to say about this. I didn't really enjoy his personality and I'm curious how they fill the role.

The thing that bothers me about these kind of firings is the way the company totally deflects all blame onto the one person. I'm not going to apologise for Zaun's behaviour, but to pretend that nobody else is responsible for allowing that behaviour to exist in the first place is ridiculous. These aren't isolated incidents; this kind of behaviour is systemic and the managers that allowed it or discredited the complaints need to be outed too.

This went too far a long time ago. Since when did trying to get laid become a crime? Doesnt sound like he was getting physical. I know women think this is an empowering thing but they are only hurting their corporate stock. I personally wouldnt hire a woman assistant right now. I make inappropriate jokes all the time. I 100% understand forcing people to do things or using your power over them to intimidate them is not appropriate. this sounds like he was just being complimentary a little over the line.

I know no one wants to say these things but this is my opinion. There is a line.

I have said for a while now that the next wave of human rights will be for men and i think these types of firings will spark it in about 10 years. i was right about the Gay rights movment, i was right about the mental health movment. i didnt see the trans movment coming but i doubt any of us did - its really just an offshoot of the gay rights movment. Men are beginning to be disenfranchised and that can only last so long to 50% of the population before things swing back to the proper level.

Has anyone here done any real research into the Google Memo? Or into the "wage gap"? Great men are dropping like flys. Women dont have any idea what its like to live with a penis. It's different, and its a huge chunk of the motivation behind these great men.
    Not a single word has been said about Gold Diggers (not just marriage, but id safely say 70% of these allegations would not be coming out if there wasnt the possibility of a pay day at the end).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRnc_RREaZQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIwEG9xQ-M

It's ok guys... you wont lose your careers for agreeing with me haha!

Sometimes the company wants to get out of a contract they regret. Not saying this is the case with Zaun.

Also I was at a concert getting a drink for my wife at the bar when suddenly some random girl grabbed my ***. Should I sue the venue or should I have told security that I was inappropriately groped?

It swings both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by FLeays View Post
    Sometimes the company wants to get out of a contract they regret. Not saying this is the case with Zaun.

Also I was at a concert getting a drink for my wife at the bar when suddenly some random girl grabbed my ***. Should I sue the venue or should I have told security that I was inappropriately groped?

It swings both sides.
    Exactly. Did that situation emotionally scar you to the tune of a multi-million dollar law suit?

Have to consider how many of these women get their jobs because theyre easy on the eyes, even over more qualified men and women. cant have it both ways. You'd honestly have to be stupid to hire an attractive women right now. Its a trap. The one MAJOR advantage that any non-baised person would point to that women have in the business wold is being destroyed here.

you want equality? well youre about to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Exactly. Did that situation emotionally scar you to the tune of a multi-million dollar law suit?

Have to consider how many of these women get their jobs because theyre easy on the eyes, even over more qualified men and women. cant have it both ways. You'd honestly have to be stupid to hire an attractive women right now. Its a trap. The one MAJOR advantage that any non-baised person would point to that women have in the business wold is being destroyed here.

you want equality? well youre about to get it.
    Yep, my boss has definitely attempted to influenced myself and my peers into hiring the more attractive candidate even though they were less qualified.

A male peer of my wife also hired only good looking women who didn't know what the heck they were doing. When they are asked to do something they just stare back with blank looks in their faces...it's pretty sickening if you ask me. Oh and these positions pay a very comfortable salary. I feel sorry for the hard working candidates that applied yet had no chance of getting hired because they were male or unattractive.

Well those unattractive hard workers are about to look a lot more enticing.

These attractive women have never had to work as hard as others. I'm not even saying that is wrong because it's just human nature. The same as guys sending out feelers as inappropriate jokes to see if the girl is open to more than a business relationship. It's one thing if the girl turns to you and tells you to stop and that it makes you uncomfortable. You should definitely stop then. A lot of them will just keep going with it letting it happen without saying anything while keeping detailed notes and building a case but the guy has no idea she's not down. This whole thing is rediculous. There should be a system in place where the first step is a mediated meeting where the employee is asked to stop the behavior and explained the potential reprecussions. After that it is on them to make the right decisions. I hate this whole thing. Feminisim had it's moment but it's beginning to tilt the wrong way. Only the feminist extremeists actively want to take men down. If the goal is equality then this needs to be openly discussed and debated.

Maybe now he'll just try being a Don Cherry impersonator?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    This went too far a long time ago. Since when did trying to get laid become a crime? Doesnt sound like he was getting physical. I know women think this is an empowering thing but they are only hurting their corporate stock. I personally wouldnt hire a woman assistant right now. I make inappropriate jokes all the time. I 100% understand forcing people to do things or using your power over them to intimidate them is not appropriate. this sounds like he was just being complimentary a little over the line.

I know no one wants to say these things but this is my opinion. There is a line.

I have said for a while now that the next wave of human rights will be for men and i think these types of firings will spark it in about 10 years. i was right about the Gay rights movment, i was right about the mental health movment. i didnt see the trans movment coming but i doubt any of us did - its really just an offshoot of the gay rights movment. Men are beginning to be disenfranchised and that can only last so long to 50% of the population before things swing back to the proper level.

Has anyone here done any real research into the Google Memo? Or into the "wage gap"? Great men are dropping like flys. Women dont have any idea what its like to live with a penis. It's different, and its a huge chunk of the motivation behind these great men.
    Not a single word has been said about Gold Diggers (not just marriage, but id safely say 70% of these allegations would not be coming out if there wasnt the possibility of a pay day at the end).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRnc_RREaZQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldIwEG9xQ-M
    There is a line, but all people shouldn't hate going to work because of inappropriate comments or harassment. People just want to make a living and shouldn't have to put up with some horn dog constantly hitting on them when they're just trying to work. I always think of how I'd feel if it were my daughter. And if it was my daughter hating a job because the men couldn't control their sexual feelings, I would tell her to either speak up or quit. If you love the job and want to keep it, speak up.

A lot of people wanting JP Arencebia to fill his role.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast