Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Not MVP IMO, but he should win MIP for sure. (Is this even a real award?)
    If there is, it would go to Wentz this year...as a consolation prize for losing to Brady for MVP
    .........even tho IMO Wentz is the better MVP candidate over Brady
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I love how people only use PFF when it agrees with them. It'll be interesting to see where Case ends up in film based analytics (PFF, Pre-Snap Reads QB Catalog, NFL 1000, etc) vs where he ends up with numeric statistic models (QBR, QB Rating, etc). If there continues to be a huge divide between the 2, I tend to trust the film based analytics more because they give more context.

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Come on Unc... I'm happy for the guy. I just don't think he can keep it up. We will see over the next 2 weeks.
    You keep saying that and he keeps preforming better every week. Please keep it up!
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

It's a shame some people can't just be happy with what we have. Case is playing at very high level at this point in the season and appears to be getting better with every game. Just embrace it and appreciate what we have people.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It's a shame some people can't just be happy with what we have. Case is playing at very high level at this point in the season and appears to be getting better with every game. Just embrace it and appreciate what we have people.
    We're Vikings fans, we are always looking for the wheels to fall off.

That said, I am thoroughly enjoying this season. Being really good is a whole lot of fun. That doesn't preclude me from also wanting to talk about how I think we'd be even better with a QB switch. I can be happy for Case and still think he should be the backup. Not everything has to be us vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    I love how people only use PFF when it agrees with them. It'll be interesting to see where Case ends up in film based analytics (PFF, Pre-Snap Reads QB Catalog, NFL 1000, etc) vs where he ends up with numeric statistic models (QBR, QB Rating, etc). If there continues to be a huge divide between the 2, I tend to trust the film based analytics more because they give more context.
    PFF grades are way too flawed and suspicious for my taste. They basically make up their own grading system and score people on it so essentially is an opinion based rank. Like Paco was stating earlier, they have Reiff as the 54th ranked Left Tackle based on their scoring, you're telling me 53 other left tackles are better than him? Reiff would essentially be a low quality BACK-UP based on that scoring. They've done similar things with Xavier Rhodes and such on giving weeks as well, and I've tried to understand HOW they get the ratings that they do but i can't for the life of me comprehend some of the ratings they give players.
    But hey, saying who is better than who is an opinion anyway so we can at least discuss these types of things now instead of teams like the giants who are looking at 2018 already. It's a good problem to have you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Cam is a highly erratic QB who relies on a strong defense. I am not impressed with him either but he finds ways to win.

I considered renewing my PFF account after this season but they raised the price from $20 to $40 so that will not be happening. Unless of course they add in more details on game to game action.

But to be honest I just see a somewhat flawed grading system. If I told you that Riley Reiff was the 54th best LT would you laugh at me? The same guy who has not given up a sack all season and the same guy that is important piece as to why we are running the ball much better than last year. PFF has him graded out at 53.5 and in just a few short weeks he has gone from 73 to this?!?!?!? How does one overall body of work just suddenly drop this far.
    Id LOVE to hear some of those other weird ratings. You probably come across some interesting stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    PFF grades are way too flawed and suspicious for my taste. They basically make up their own grading system and score people on it so essentially is an opinion based rank. Like Paco was stating earlier, they have Reiff as the 54th ranked Left Tackle based on their scoring, you're telling me 53 other left tackles are better than him? Reiff would essentially be a low quality BACK-UP based on that scoring. They've done similar things with Xavier Rhodes and such on giving weeks as well, and I've tried to understand HOW they get the ratings that they do but i can't for the life of me comprehend some of the ratings they give players.
    But hey, saying who is better than who is an opinion anyway so we can at least discuss these types of things now instead of teams like the giants who are looking at 2018 already. It's a good problem to have you could say.
    My understanding is they grade every play on a point system of sorts. If you did a lot to help the play you get a high score and if you destroyed the play you get a low score. Then they add them all up. Its something like that. So if you have 3 HUGE plays but most of the rest of the game you were not in the play or below average you could end up with a bad score. There are somethings I don't agree with from them (stuff like they REALLY value running play contribution from CBs) but for the most part I think they do a decent job across the board on getting grades right. I don't like only using them for film based grading but there are certainly one arrow in the quiver when trying to come to a consensus on how good a player is.

Is it time to start talking about resigning Case yet?

No. Onterrio Smith is making him look good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would hope that we are only talking short term and/or bargain deal if so. I really have no idea what the market will look like for him now tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    No. Onterrio Smith is making him look good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Haha! He really made that Whizzinator look good

case is just doing his thing. I like him

oh and this is off topic but I hate Alabama. ohio state got screwed. nick saban was crying and complaining and got his way into the tournament. ****ing crybaby

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Yep, and it could be expensive.. Adios teddy, its been real.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Where’s LA_1’s divine insight in this?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast