Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    The Top 3 picks will probably be Browns, Indi and Giants. Neither of these three teams will trade the opportunity to draft one of the QB's coming out.

Then the 4th and 5th pick in the draft can go either way between Tampa, Washington, Bears, Cinci, Houston and Arizona, broncos and San Fran.

If Picks 4 and 5 go to Wash, Cinci, Broncos, Cards, They will select a QB with that opportunity. I highly doubt they would trade it away. Like I said, are only hope is San Fran, but with Garapolo winning his first two games on the road, he might win a few more and take them out of the top 5.

Then the Bills need to then consider if trading both our 1st rounders would be worth picking the 4th or 5th best QBin the draft. Like I said, I think there is no way Indy, Giants and Browns trade the opportunity for them to draft a QB.
    What are the Colts going to do with Luck? Regardless, that's still another QB that becomes available if the Colts go that route.

The Giants are in a weird place. I can see them taking the assets and making one last run with Eli and I can see them starting all over. It will depend on who they hire to run and coach the team.

Cincinatti and Washington already have 5 wins. I doubt either of them finish in the bottom 5. That would require teams that haven't won all season to all of a sudden start winning. Arizona has 6 wins. I don't know when, if ever, a team that has 6 wins picks that high.

Cleveland currently has two picks in the top 5...the other belonging to Houston. I think it's safe to assume they'd take a QB with one and that they wouldn't have an issue trading the other. San Francisco is out of the QB market. Chicago and Tampa Bay can still jump Denver. There are more teams in that mix that don't need a QB than ones that do.

By my count, Cleveland, Denver, and maybe the Giants are the only ones in the QB market drafting that high (top 5). The Bills just need to get in front of at least one of those teams and they'll end up with one of the top 3 guys. Depending on how you feel about Mayfield, they realistically just have to get ahead of the Cardinals and Jets. That's if you're happy with any of the top 4 guys. Personally I don't want Allen, but I'll gladly take one of the other three or Jackson.

Luck will probably be traded. He doesnít want to be there either anymore. And they are not going to pass up an opportunity to draft a QB, even if they kept him. I guess people forget he hasnít played football in a long time and his injuries cannot be trusted anymore.

With the success of Watson, Wentz and Goff, teams will try to cash in on their lottery ticket, thinking they will get the same result.

As for the Bills, unless they have a chance for picks 1st -3rd, they wonít make the trade.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-11-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Interesting. I think sanfran might be the partner. They traded a 2nd for garopolo right? Trading down for 2 1sts would make a lot of sense and make a rookie gm Lynch feel like he outsmarted the system.
    Having up to 3 1sts to potentially deal is huge. The thing the other teams have over us is that their picks aren't as far from the top, but I think 3 1sts in the next 2 drafts trumps all. Unless someone offers their entire draft rounds 1-7. That might beat 3 1sts.

Tbh.. I think I would rather have luck. If you can get him for next year's first or a 2nd+ then you spend both 1sts on OL. Boom. Off-season complete.

Jk obviously the D is also in shambles. Given how the season has gone it's pretty amazing we have the record we have lol.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 12-11-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Interesting. I think sanfran might be the partner. They traded a 2nd for garopolo right? Trading down for 2 1sts would make a lot of sense and make a rookie gm Lynch feel like he outsmarted the system.
    Having up to 3 1sts to potentially deal is huge. The thing the other teams have over us is that their picks aren't as far from the top, but I think 3 1sts in the next 2 drafts trumps all. Unless someone offers their entire draft rounds 1-7. That might beat 3 1sts.

Tbh.. I think I would rather have luck. If you can get him for next year's first or a 2nd+ then you spend both 1sts on OL. Boom. Off-season complete.

Jk obviously the D is also in shambles. Given how the season has gone it's pretty amazing we have the record we have lol.
    I think San Fran to, but looking at their next 3 games, they can put themselves out of the top 5, and at that point, there wouldn't be a QB left. Bills may be better off looking at free agency for a QB, drafting offensive lineman and some linebackers. As I have been saying for two years with Tyrod, if he had time in the pocket, he would be elite. Same thing for Peterman. Give him protection, he can be better than what he showed in LA.

I've sort of faded from thinking tyrod can be elite. Good yes. Possibly keenum type impact on a good team. He's kept us afloat. No disrespect to him I like him as a person and want him to succeed. He's been exciting to watch which I appreciate.

I'm ready to move on from him if there's another option with a higher ceiling.

Tyrod is definitely a goner after the season. The only way he stays is if we get into the playoffs and then Tyrod wins a playoff road game with his arm. I don't think there is any way McDermott and Bean let him go if he accomplishes that. Other than that miraculously occurring, Peterman is the future QB of this team. Whether people here want to admit it or not, the fact is, Bean and McDermott are sold on Peterman.

The same Coach and GM, who felt Peterman is good enough to start over Tyrod, when the team holds the final playoff spot, will definitely not trade away their draft stocks, in order to draft Peterman's replacement the same season. It is just not logical. I know people here think the Bills should just draft a QB every year, but again, that's just not logical. Management has shown so much love for Peterman, that we should safely assume he will be planted in as the starter for all of next season. They wont draft a QB, then to hear the world debating on who the QB should be, just like they are overwhelmingly hearing this season.

All these picks the Bills acquired is going to build up both lines. That is where it will all start. We will make a huge play on free agent Speedster WR's and they will roll the dice with Peterman being there man, since they already have made that clear, that he is their guy.

Especially if they watched yesterdays Monday night game. Miami's offensive and defensive line, totally out powered New England. When we played New England, as I said, the key to the game is to rush Brady. Well the Bills did that, but their players weren't talented enough to actually get through. Miami's defensive line, got through. Brady was rattled, screaming at his lineman nearly every play. Hopefully McDermott and Bean realized, that if we don't build up our lines, there will be no change on the scoreboard next year. Unless we have an offensive line that can protect a QB, what is the point to draft a QB?
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-12-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Yeah i dont think anyone is sold on peterman.

I also dont think anyone is sold on Tyrod.

they would have to be ******** to think peterman is the qb of the future.

However... if the plan is a 2 year build then i could see peterman starting next year just as a stop gap before they go for their guy the following year. i am a big proponent of putting young qb's in a winning situation. If the plan is to build up the talent around the team and then make a big play for a top Qb spec or FA then i would stand behind that decision.

There is no way they think peterman is the future. they may think he COULD be the future but i dont think they believe they found their long term solution.

Luck will probably be traded. He doesnít want to be there either anymore. And they are not going to pass up an opportunity to draft a QB, even if they kept him. I guess people forget he hasnít played football in a long time and his injuries cannot be trusted anymore.

With the success of Watson, Wentz and Goff, teams will try to cash in on their lottery ticket, thinking they will get the same result.

As for the Bills, unless they have a chance for picks 1st -3rd, they wonít make the trade.
    I understand that may be a possibility, but if that's the case that's another QB option for the Bills. Drew Brees ended up in New Orleans partly because of a torn labrum as well. Injuries and age are the only reasons QBs like that ever switch teams.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I understand that may be a possibility, but if that's the case that's another QB option for the Bills. Drew Brees ended up in New Orleans partly because of a torn labrum as well. Injuries and age are the only reasons QBs like that ever switch teams.
    I agree. If those points sabers brought up drop his cost to a 2nd+ then that's probably the best scenario for the bills. Gotta get 2 good OL in the draft to protect him though. Colts really screwed the pooch with that opportunity.

If you listen to what the entire organization says week after week, they are most definitely sold on Peterman. Their actions speak even louder than words by playing him in such a huge game. That one half of football didnít do anything in their eyes to make them want to give up on him.

Even after that horrible game, McIdiot continued to go to the podium non committed to a starter for each of the next few games.

Remember too, every single game we have watched, each and every single announcer Tony Romo, Tasker, etc all talk about how our WRs are slow and create no separation to help the QB. McDermott and Bean obviously know this as well and then they have to factor in the line woes. IMO, they will fix those problems with Peterman next year, before deciding on to get rid of him or not.

Being that this organization wouldnít even dump Tyrod before the season started, they wonít then dump Peterman. He will get the same chance at a full 16-game season. No way in hell do they get rid of any of their draft picks during their second year. Especially Peterman.

Think about how bad that would make McDermott look. That he is so high on Petermans ability so he plays him. A coaching move that probably cost the franchise their first playoff birth in two decades. Then to dump him after the season would make him a bigger joke than he is already. He already looks like he has no clue what he is doing on the sidelines with his bonehead decisions, so keeping his draft picks is something he will definetly do, rather than admitting he was wrong and screwed the team out of the playoffs with his lack of judgement.
    Last edited by sabres11; 12-12-2017 at 08:19 PM.

No one is saying they'll release Peterman lol. Obviously that would be a stupid move. I just don't think they're sold on tyrod and it's making it look like they're sold on Peterman.

90:10 the Bills take a QB in the first round, in my estimation. Tyrod isn't going to be here next year and Peterman isn't their guy, either. I'm going to say the Bills start the year with said 1st round pick, Peterman, and a bargain bin starter in the same mold as Josh McCown.

The Bills drafting a QB in the first round is pretty much everyone's prediction, on this forum, plus other Bills Mafia forums.

My Prediction is, the 5-teams, that pick 1-5 in the 2018 draft, will be teams that need a QB, therefore they will not deal away the pick. So my prediction is we will not trade up. But as we have seen in the past, people fall in the draft all the time, so someone dropping to where we pick is possible.

The one question everyone needs to ask themselves is this; Who are better QB's. The QB's coming out this year, or Pat Mahomes from last years draft???

If Mahomes is viewed as a better future QB, than the class of 2018, I doubt we trade our 2 first round picks to get a QB, who is of lesser talent, than the QB we could have just drafted last year at #10.

Cleveland will have the first pick in the draft. No way they trade that pick and they will select Rosen. So is Mahomes better than the rest?

The Bills drafting a QB in the first round is pretty much everyone's prediction, on this forum, plus other Bills Mafia forums.

My Prediction is, the 5-teams, that pick 1-5 in the 2018 draft, will be teams that need a QB, therefore they will not deal away the pick. So my prediction is we will not trade up. But as we have seen in the past, people fall in the draft all the time, so someone dropping to where we pick is possible.

The one question everyone needs to ask themselves is this; Who are better QB's. The QB's coming out this year, or Pat Mahomes from last years draft???

If Mahomes is viewed as a better future QB, than the class of 2018, I doubt we trade our 2 first round picks to get a QB, who is of lesser talent, than the QB we could have just drafted last year at #10.

Cleveland will have the first pick in the draft. No way they trade that pick and they will select Rosen. So is Mahomes better than the rest?
    no idea what youre getting at here. I'm personally all for drafting OL with those 2 1sts, picking a QB around the 3rd, tank next season with Peterman/3rd rounder (with the possibility of being surprised) - and go QB next draft with the 1st. I don't follow college ball as a canadian, so i cant comment on the strength of the QB class in either draft.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast