Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yes. I donít quit on rooting for a team that isnít winning, but when there is a fundamental issue with the franchise, like disrespecting their greatest QB ever and the fans while sticking with a terrible head coach, **** them. Thatís unacceptable and the minute Eli isnít starting this Sunday, itís irreversible.

Eli deserves better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah but you act like this hasnít happen before, remember what they did to Phil Simms? Kurt Warner? Kerry Collins, Tom Coughlin etc. At the end of the day itís a BUSINESS. Do I hate the move? YES. Do I hate the coach? YES. Do I hate the fact Geno is starting? YES doesnít mean you should quit rooting for the Giants. Itís one thing to quit on the season when everything isnít going right but to quit rooting for them? So if they draft a QB and he ends up better than Eli youíre back to becoming a Giants fan again? I just hate the contradiction. We are all upset and I pray to God we clean house by the end of the season. I knew the season was over after week 4 but I wonít stop rooting for the Giants. With that said they need to get their head out their ***

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    **** you McAdoo. **** you so much. And **** the FO in general for their oline failures.

This is pathetic.

Really seems like a trade is coming this offseason if this is how theyre ending the streak.

This is really really sad.
    100% in Agreement.
    This is atrocious...

HC Issues:
    I've never seen a cockier 2nd year HC.. Throwing players under the bus
    Suspending Key Defensive players for reason known only to him... No Legal issues.
    Throwing Players under the bus causing them to play uninspired football
    Poor O-Line play with Little to No creative plays to create time
    Spags is getting the most he can out of the Defense but with the way MacAdoo has handled the team he undermined Spags ability to motivate players

Team Issues:
    21 Dropped Passes
    21 Players on IR .. 2nd in the league i've seen several different ## but ill just post 21 players.
    Top Two WR go on IR in the SAME GAME( Odell & Marshall)
    Main Return Man and Spt Team Ace / #4 WR..
    Shep Hurt and has on going migraine issues
    O-Line ... Horrible to start the season. Richburg IR , Pugh Back injury.

GM Issues:
    Reese needs to go... Reese needed to go for a long time... His drafts are horrendous
    You can almost always pencil in us drafting a DT in the 2nd round.
    His 3rd Round picks might be the most appalling pick selections i've seen consistently
    Atleast on First round busts its normally The GM or HC buying into to much Hype and they wiff ...
    But mid round picks 100% rest on Scouting ability ...
    Late Round picks should just be cheap depth and spot start not projected starters ( Goodson CANT stay healthy)

If/When Reese is gone If they don't clear out the the front office ill be livid .. Marc Ross isnt the answer either
    Ignoring glaring roster holes.

I've Complained about JR for a while now some agree some disagree i love to debate it.. But ill pull up his draft board .. For someone who doesnt Reach for need but for BPA its horrible ..

So in conclusion this is all Eli's fault ...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Yeah but you act like this hasnít happen before, remember what they did to Phil Simms? Kurt Warner? Kerry Collins, Tom Coughlin etc. At the end of the day itís a BUSINESS. Do I hate the move? YES. Do I hate the coach? YES. Do I hate the fact Geno is starting? YES doesnít mean you should quit rooting for the Giants. Itís one thing to quit on the season when everything isnít going right but to quit rooting for them? So if they draft a QB and he ends up better than Eli youíre back to becoming a Giants fan again? I just hate the contradiction. We are all upset and I pray to God we clean house by the end of the season. I knew the season was over after week 4 but I wonít stop rooting for the Giants. With that said they need to get their head out their ***
    The only way these clueless owners will listen is when there is money at stake. I am on the same boat as GGGGG. Him not rooting for the Giants the rest of the way doesn't mean that he is not a fan of the franchise. I am not going to follow the rest of the season. There is nothing left for me to root for at this time. I'll pick things back up at the 2018 draft. Hopefully by then the team did what is right which is to clean house.

4. 11-29-2017, 12:11 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

This franchise has Become worst than the Mets/Jets/knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

The best part is how clueless the owners are, living under the delusions of how classy they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post

L

Oof I don't know about that but they match them now
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Simms was injured and on the way out, according to Warner he "knew what he signed up for"....Collins? Come on.

I do agree on Coughlin for sure. He should have left on his own terms and that speaks to a GM who refused to acknowledge his shortfalls and threw TC under the bus and in my mind that's where the downfall of this FO started. They also pulled some contract BS with Tuck and Osi, which was also garbage.

I don't know that it's Reese or McAdoo, but someone has power that they shouldn't have right now.

This was an absolutely classless move, it ruins a great streak, it keeps their best QB off the field.....none of it makes sense. And even if they're not sticking with Eli next season, give him the last 5 games. They owe it to him and if we keep getting blown out, then Webb gets the 4th quarter (as he should of in a few of the games this year).

There's no contradiction here. I find the way they handled this yesterday absolutely disrespectful and tarnishes their best player who did everything for this organization. It started with not protecting him and fixing the oline. Now this is just blatant.

I can't see how they're standing by McAdoo and its clear now that the rumors are true and Eli was never McAdoo's guy. He wants some quick WC quarterback and if that's the case, they never should have brought him in in the first place.

Whatever, that just opens a whole other can of worms. I'm incredibly disappointed in this organization right now and finding it hard to continue to watch this crap. The sport is hard enough to keep supporting after the CTE stuff, constant protection of criminals and women abusers.....the thing I've always held on to was that I root for a classy and strategic organization (what drew me to them over the Jets in the first place).

9. 11-29-2017, 01:21 PM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post

Whether Ben and Jerry stay or go, this was the right move. The Giants need to find out what they have with Geno and Davis. People love to criticize Geno, but if you break down his career, he has not been much different than some iconic QB's early in their careers. The guy has a great arm, mobility and toughness. He is still only 27 yrs old.

I am a huge Eli fan, but the best thing for the team is to move on. Everybody is in their feelings, but this is the truth. There are only a few stationary QB's left in the league, that is not by mistake. Basically you have Brady (a freak), Flacco and Eli. Flacco and Eli have both struggled the last couple years. The reason the Cowboys and Eagles O lines look great is because they are blocking for mobile QB's. That makes a huge difference. I think Eli can still be very good, but he needs everything to be perfect....a running game, good pass blocking, good receivers, etc. In today's NFL, its almost impossible to pay franchise QB salary and have great players everywhere.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Let me start by saying I've been a Giants fan for 34years and will always be a Giants fan NMW. Now that I've had time to process the news about Eli being benched, it is what it is.

The season has been a big disappointment and at the end of the day, that is most upsetting to me. As far as the streak goes....Eli(210) is behind Brett Farve(297) and ahead of his brother Peyton(208) for consecutive starts at QB....that's pretty nice company to be in so that is one hell of an accomplishment.

Mara has been quoted as saying that when fans still show up to the games, he feels that they still care...its when they stop showing up to the games, he knows its time to make a change.

I'm not going to watch Geno Smith play QB under McAdoo and that pathetic Oline......I will watch Webb, once he becomes the starter.

But I' m leaning towards not watching at all until some major changes be made.

I've had time to process this... and I'm still pissed off about this. This is not how the streak should end and quite frankly, Eli was not the problem this year. Just a horrible decision that nobody seems to be behind except for the people making the decision.

The only reasonable explanation for ending the streak with an Eli benching is to see what Davis Webb has to offer. That's the only rational purpose for doing something like this. The fact that Geno is starting is a joke. This was just handled so poorly.

This is the last straw for McAdoo and Reese. Fire them both.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-29-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by NYG91 View Post
    Whether Ben and Jerry stay or go, this was the right move. The Giants need to find out what they have with Geno and Davis. People love to criticize Geno, but if you break down his career, he has not been much different than some iconic QB's early in their careers. The guy has a great arm, mobility and toughness. He is still only 27 yrs old.

I am a huge Eli fan, but the best thing for the team is to move on. Everybody is in their feelings, but this is the truth. There are only a few stationary QB's left in the league, that is not by mistake. Basically you have Brady (a freak), Flacco and Eli. Flacco and Eli have both struggled the last couple years. The reason the Cowboys and Eagles O lines look great is because they are blocking for mobile QB's. That makes a huge difference. I think Eli can still be very good, but he needs everything to be perfect....a running game, good pass blocking, good receivers, etc. In today's NFL, its almost impossible to pay franchise QB salary and have great players everywhere.
    I've been saying this even when people in here were asking when are we going to see Webb. This isn't preseason, you're asking him to go against NFL caliber defenses in regular season games, playing behind basically a second string OL now (not that it was a solid unit to begin with), throwing to second string WRs and having no running game figured out still. I don't believe that's doing him any good, and also it can't paint a very accurate picture of who he is.

This doesn't happen if TC is coach. You play to win and there is zero doubt that Eli is the best QB on the roster.

Not only is Eli the best QB on the roster (which gives you the best chance to win, not sure McAdoo is actually aware of this) but he is a franchise legend on the field, and someone who has represented this franchise with great integrity off it. This is not someone you bench for Gino ****ing Smith. Can you imagine the Yankees benching Jeter the last month of the regular season?

If the plan was to give Webb some playing time to see what you got, I could at least rationalize the decision. But this right here is not only disrespectful, but just isn't in the best nature of the club (now or in the future). To be honest, I wouldn't expect this from the Giants. This is a move pulled by the Mets, Knicks, or Jets. This team needs to be broken down and rebuilt. Guys laughing in the background of that video is sickening. Tear it all down and rebuild completely. This team clearly doesn't have it, and any player excited to go to war for Geno Smith is not someone I want on the roster. Reese filled this team with untalented, low character players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

Reading Mara's comments about the situation makes me feel even worse. He's just as clueless as Reese and McAdoo. He was surprised Eli would decline the offer to start for the sake of the streak and then come out? Really? Have you ever paid attention to who Eli Manning is, and how he goes about his job?

Eli Manning, unlike the owner, Jerry Reese, Ben McAdoo, Geno Smith and most of the players on this team right now is a through and through professional. He may not be the most talented guy at his position, or the guy with the most amazing stats, but he is a fierce professional and competitor. He has always taken his job seriously and has done everything in his power to do that job as well as possible.

And you thought that guy was going to be ok with some half-brained approach to the final 5 games of the season? You thought that guy would value his streak over his professionalism? Have you even watched this man for the past 14 years?

Eli Manning has once again proven himself, as he has throughout his career, to be everything so many other people in the NFL are not - a man who values and respects his job.

And that's why so many of us love the guy, and are sickened and disgusted by what this group of morons running the team did to him yesterday.

Don't worry. He's got this.

ďIt was kind of crazy, cause I'm not used to seeing Eli as the No. 2,Ē veteran defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul said. ďI still in my eyes don't see him as a No. 2 or a backup quarterback, and just rushing I realized I had to stay away from him still because that is our quarterback at the end of the day.Ē
    This from JPP, who people were accusing he was laughing in the background while Eli was giving his interview.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast