Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1805
    Sexton and Frank on defense would lock allot of folks up. Both need to improve certain things about there offensive games. Then we need to improve the interior with some defensive mined bigs. Hopefully the Knicks bring back Mr. Buckets Beasley.

PG Sexton/ Burke
    SG THJ/ Frank/Dotson
    SF Jeff Green or Herzonja / Vanderbilt (2nd rd pick or Summer invite)/ Williams
    PF Beasley or Gordon/ Hickson
    C KP/ Noel/ Noah or O'Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I think the Knicks gonna have the basketball gods bless them this year, its our turn. I'm envisioning Porter for some reason and I also see us taking Sexton if he is there. Sexton's demeanor on the court reminds me of both Westbrook and John Wall.
    I like sexton he can score and plays defense but i don't know how good his shooting form is if it's good enough where he can add 3pt range in future then he will survive in today's nba. Porter will be like winning the lottery and would require a bigger miracle than getting kp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Where are you putting another 6 5' shooting guard If there was a second 1st acquired,I think knicks should go after another SF after the lotto pick or a rebounding big. Without KOQ and possibly Kanter, Knicks are woefully unprepared up-front.
    I told you...I look at the Knicks as KP, maybe Frank and nothing else. It's likely that 95% of this roster will be gone by the time they are ready to compete again, especially since KP won't be fully healthy until two seasons from now. By that time the only players under contract are Tim, KP, Frank, 2018 rookies, and 2019 rookies...but Tim has an opt out the following year.

There's no sense at looking at their current roster. They are not building onto this. These are just placeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I told you...I look at the Knicks as KP, maybe Frank and nothing else. It's likely that 95% of this roster will be gone by the time they are ready to compete again, especially since KP won't be fully healthy until two seasons from now. By that time the only players under contract are Tim, KP, Frank, 2018 rookies, and 2019 rookies...but Tim has an opt out the following year.

There's no sense at looking at their current roster. They are not building onto this. These are just placeholders.
    Yeah, but Lee is here for 2 more years and THjr has 3 more yrs. I just think it's overkill especially since Frank may not be a pg which only leaves the 2 spot. Did I mention Dotson? At some point, you have to build a team.

Yeah, but Lee is here for 2 more years and THjr has 3 more yrs. I just think it's overkill especially since Frank may not be a pg which only leaves the 2 spot. Did I mention Dotson? At some point, you have to build a team.
    Exactly, those are short term players. Trades can also happen. I agree that at some point they have to build a team, but they don't have pieces to move forward with yet. Even if you want to count Tim, is he a starter or 6th man? You still need need to fill either one of those roles. It shouldn't be given to Dotson just because and my guess is that Lee will most likely be moved. New holes are always going to be created.

Look at Boston drafting Smart, Rozier, Bradley, bringing in IT, and then finally landing on Kyrie. This all started while they still had Rondo also.

They've also cycled through Evan Turner, Crowder, Brown, Tatum, and Hayward on the wings. These are all in consecutive years. We wouldn't say that they weren't building a team...if anything this helped them build an even better team. The Knicks don't even have that kind of talent yet.

At the end of the day, a player needs to show he's good enough for a team to ignore any position. How many players would you say the Knicks have that are good enough at their position? It's all apart of the team building process.

Exactly, those are short term players. Trades can also happen. I agree that at some point they have to build a team, but they don't have pieces to move forward with yet. Even if you want to count Tim, is he a starter or 6th man? You still need need to fill either one of those roles. It shouldn't be given to Dotson just because and my guess is that Lee will most likely be moved. New holes are always going to be created.

Look at Boston drafting Smart, Rozier, Bradley, bringing in IT, and then finally landing on Kyrie. This all started while they still had Rondo also.

They've also cycled through Evan Turner, Crowder, Brown, Tatum, and Hayward on the wings. These are all in consecutive years. We wouldn't say that they weren't building a team...if anything this helped them build an even better team. The Knicks don't even have that kind of talent yet.

At the end of the day, a player needs to show he's good enough for a team to ignore any position. How many players would you say the Knicks have that are good enough at their position? It's all apart of the team building process.
    How can a player prove him or herself without proper opportunity. Im pretty sure you would agree that we would know more about Dot if one of THjr or Lee weren't here. We would also know more about Dot if Frank were able to play pg this yr.

I can easily see Dotson being an elite 2 guard rebounder and defender and we all know that shot can be deadly. We have guys that can be average or better already, why draft another guy at the same position that can be average or better? NOW is the time to start building a team and I can see picking one of these pg's in the lottery but I can't see picking a sg late in the 1st that is worth potentially causing locker room drama and questions by ALL, about rotations. Just my opinion but we'll see.

Also, KP most likely isn't back fully healthy until two seasons from now. The timeline shifted when he got hurt. They are basically building a team for the start of the 2019-20 season and then hope to build from there.

How can a player prove him or herself without proper opportunity. Im pretty sure you would agree that we would know more about Dot if one of THjr or Lee weren't here. We would also know more about Dot if Frank were able to play pg this yr.

I can easily see Dotson being an elite 2 guard rebounder and defender and we all know that shot can be deadly. We have guys that can be average or better already, why draft another guy at the same position that can be average or better? NOW is the time to start building a team and I can see picking one of these pg's in the lottery but I can't see picking a sg late in the 1st that is worth potentially causing locker room drama and questions by ALL, about rotations. Just my opinion but we'll see.
    I understand, but KP's injury pushed everything back two years. Next season is another season to learn more about who will be here when the Knicks are actually good again. I think we can at least automatically rule out Lee. Personally, I think Tim will ultimately be coming off the bench if he's still around also. That would mean the Knicks need three starters (PF/C, SF, and SG). If you don't believe in Frank, make that four starters.

There's nothing wrong with competition. If Dotson wants to stick, he'll have to win out in practice. We should want the best possible player not just settle for a player because he's on the roster already.

I understand, but KP's injury pushed everything back two years. Next season is another season to learn more about who will be here when the Knicks are actually good again. I think we can at least automatically rule out Lee. Personally, I think Tim will ultimately be coming off the bench if he's still around also. That would mean the Knicks need three starters (PF/C, SF, and SG). If you don't believe in Frank, make that four starters.

There's nothing wrong with competition. If Dotson wants to stick, he'll have to win out in practice. We should want the best possible player not just settle for a player because he's on the roster already.
    There isn't a professional scout in the world who could tell you with ANY certainty that Lonnie will be a better pro than Dot, THjr, or Frank and that's why you don't take another question mark with a late 1st at the same position. Knicks do need a sg at some point who's more capable of putting it on the floor but Im not sure this is where you'll find him. Seeing now that he's also 6 4'. Just not the way I would build a team but that's what opinions are for i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Sexton and Frank on defense would lock allot of folks up. Both need to improve certain things about there offensive games. Then we need to improve the interior with some defensive mined bigs. Hopefully the Knicks bring back Mr. Buckets Beasley.

PG Sexton/ Burke
    SG THJ/ Frank/Dotson
    SF Jeff Green or Herzonja / Vanderbilt (2nd rd pick or Summer invite)/ Williams
    PF Beasley or Gordon/ Hickson
    C KP/ Noel/ Noah or O'Quinn
    Sexton and frank backcourt is attractive...both play D, frank is passive while sexton is aggressive....

If I am GM, this is my mandate - assuming I could actually pull this off.

1. Let Kanter walk - if\when he opts out
    2. Trade Timmy for expiring
    3. Trade Lee or tell him he's a 6th man
    4. Move Dotson up to SG
    5. Play Frank at PG no matter what next year - because if this works out, we have a PG for next 15 years, helps KP on defense, leadership, IQ, etc. This is BEST POSSIBLE scenario. We need to see if this works
    6. Give Kornet lots of minutes. See if he can be the 3rd big (1st big off the bench). - I think he can.

I don't need to draft another PG - let Frank and Burke have all those minutes.
    I don't need another SG - let Dotson and whoever else have those minutes
    Draft Wendell Carter or a SF and be done with it.

Next year we tank PROPERLY while developing our talent by giving them room for errors. If we can do this and get a top 3 pick. How is this not the best case scenario?

There isn't a professional scout in the world who could tell you with ANY certainty that Lonnie will be a better pro than Dot, THjr, or Frank and that's why you don't take another question mark with a late 1st at the same position. Knicks do need a sg at some point who's more capable of putting it on the floor but Im not sure this is where you'll find him. Seeing now that he's also 6 4'. Just not the way I would build a team but that's what opinions are for i guess.
    You'll never find out if you don't bring players in to compete. How else do you think teams find out?

I don't get why you're commenting about his height when Mitchell is 6'1", playing SG, and you were high on him. Walker is the normal size for a SG...he's not undersized.

Good teams stay ahead. It doesn't make sense for the Knicks to wait for Dotson not to pan out to then finally say ok, now we need a SG.

Passing on a player because of someone like Dotson can be a big missed opportunity. Taking a player at the same position and them both panning out is how teams start to gain assets and have more options as far as who they want to move forward with.

You'll never find out if you don't bring players in to compete. How else do you think teams find out?

I don't get why you're commenting about his height when Mitchell is 6'1", playing SG, and you were high on him. Walker is the normal size for a SG...he's not undersized.
    I think most people project Mitchell at the point of attack which is where he is now. he may not be the assist or "run the team guy" but he's an attacker and lead guard who can get his and help others get theirs. That's what I saw in Mitchell along with crazy athleticism. What are you seeing in Lonnie that makes you think he can compete well against the guards we have. I knew Mitchel would man handle our guards that we had this yr or last. For ****-s and giggles, tell me how you find minutes for guys to compete when this is potentially your roster: How many of these guys will constantly be playing out of position and therefore possibly never getting a true read of their ability. Im ok with another G in the lottery because they might be serious difference makers but a late first on a SG would be a disaster.

So you guys are ok with Kornet being the only C to start the yr. Can't count on Noah for anything. You want the only SF's to be a draftee and Wiilliams and the only PF to be Thomas? Awful. In a league of wings, the Knicks have none.

Baker G
    Mud G
    Frank G
    Burke G
    Bridges or Trae (draft) SF/G
    Dotson G
    THjr G
    Lee G
    Lonnie G
    Williams SF
    Thomas PF
    KP PF
    Noah C
    Kornet C
    Last edited by Bivory; 04-13-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast