Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 115 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1805
  1. #1711
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,789
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    It was team defense, SIZE and athleticism. Size and athleticism will do two things. One will cause u to have to adjust your shot to get it off and the other will stop u from getting in the lane. That is why the league is trending that way. Even Boston realized that with IT and moved on.
    I agree...especially the team defense part. Too much is put on individual defense. With KP and Frank, the Knicks just need average to good defenders. An elite defender is not necessary.

  2. #1712
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    19,627
    Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yea but you did not like Tatum last year either.
    What smood said Tatum was more iso heavy in college and being compared to melo not that he's ever going to be as good as prime Melo plus I really don't know if he will be as good as he is now without stevens. I also wanted miles last year until he decided to stay in college. Honestly drafting mikhal with the lotto pick would be such a waste it would be like if you could order any sushi you want at a restaurant for free and you get cucumber roll instead lol.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

  3. #1713
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    I prefer Knox he's gonna be a true scorer in this league. I think he is better than Jackson from last years draft. Once he puts on some size and body catches up to his game look out. If Kikal is off the boards I would try to trade down to get him and another pick perhaps. Maybe to Cha. or LAC, and get 2 picks in the first rd.

  4. #1714
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    I would like for the Knicks to trade down or up for a better pick or for multiple picks. Trade up to get either Jackson, Bagley, or Porter.

    Trade down to get both of the LAC picks they have 12 and 13.

    Trade Frank or Mudiay, 9th pick, and our 2nd rd pick for 12th pick Knox and 13th pick Shai Gilgeous-Alexander

  5. #1715
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,226
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    What smood said Tatum was more iso heavy in college and being compared to melo not that he's ever going to be as good as prime Melo plus I really don't know if he will be as good as he is now without stevens. I also wanted miles last year until he decided to stay in college. Honestly drafting mikhal with the lotto pick would be such a waste it would be like if you could order any sushi you want at a restaurant for free and you get cucumber roll instead lol.

    Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Gotcha

  6. #1716
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Plainfield, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    3,122
    Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I would like for the Knicks to trade down or up for a better pick or for multiple picks. Trade up to get either Jackson, Bagley, or Porter.

    Trade down to get both of the LAC picks they have 12 and 13.

    Trade Frank or Mudiay, 9th pick, and our 2nd rd pick for 12th pick Knox and 13th pick Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    Remove Frank and you got something. That would be some sort of miracle.

  7. #1717
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,226
    Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    I would like for the Knicks to trade down or up for a better pick or for multiple picks. Trade up to get either Jackson, Bagley, or Porter.

    Trade down to get both of the LAC picks they have 12 and 13.

    Trade Frank or Mudiay, 9th pick, and our 2nd rd pick for 12th pick Knox and 13th pick Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
    U sure love those Kentucky guys. Shai, Knox. JV

  8. #1718
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,226
    Age: 18 (6/24/1999)
    Height, Weight, Wingspan: 6’5″, 180 pounds, 6’10”
    Slash Line: .556/.450/.717
    Season Averages: 28.4 MPG, 11.3 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.1 BPG, 1.1 SPG, 0.5 3PM
    Miles Bridges and Kevin Knox are the popular choices, but Zhaire Smith is the project who has genuine superstar potential at the next level.


    Smith is a Gerald Green type of athlete in the sense that he can effortlessly play above the rim. He may be better a shooting guard due to his 6’5″ frame, but his 6’10” wingspan and explosive athleticism are strengths that should permit versatility.

    Smith has certainly proven that he can defend at a high level, as he possesses the instincts and IQ of an Andre Roberson type of defender—potential that’s worth investing in.



    Offensively, Smith is a fundamentally raw player who knows his limitations and plays with remarkable poise. Even without polished skills, he can hit open shots, is an excellent passer with underrated vision, and has the first step to take his man off the bounce.

    If the Knicks are willing to commit their resources to developing Smith, he could be a perennial All-Star and an All-Defense mainstay

    If we go project he is the project.

  9. #1719
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,731
    I’m starting to warm up on Wendell Carter

  10. #1720
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    If at some at something better than 9th pick, trade down for two picks in 1st rd

  11. #1721
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    Frank didn't impress me enough that he is off limits, he wasn't my choice in the first place. I was all in on DSJ..and Mitchell

  12. #1722
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,368
    An anonymous Eastern Conference executive had this to say about Vanderbilt, according to an article from The Athletic:

    “I like him because he does a lot of winning things. He can do a little bit of everything. He can defend, rebound and score. I like him because he doesn’t do a lot of turnovers and make mistakes. He’s an energy guy who plays hard. He’s young and only going to get better.”

    “For him, once he gets healthy ... he’s the best rebounder I’ve ever seen,” Fox said on The Ringer NBA Podcast with Kevin O’Connor. “He can really handle the ball, he can play point guard if you really need him to. But he can go get the rebound and push the ball down the floor with anybody.”

    https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/5/13...-ive-ever-seen


    I think a guy that shows this shooting potential in the short vid below will eventually be able to make a jump shot.

    https://twitter.com/takemytalent/sta...25440549072896

    Difference maker. Versatility personified. Positionless basketball.
    Last edited by Bivory; 05-15-2018 at 12:23 AM.

  13. #1723
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,872
    I hoping the Knicks grab an extra pick in either round. There are a lot of young players with untapped talent in this draft this draft is so deep it's crazy to not try and get an extra pick from somebody especially this Phoenix Suns 76ers and the Los Angeles Clippers.

    Keep an eye on Melvin Frazier that name is going to come back into the picture

  14. #1724
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    An anonymous Eastern Conference executive had this to say about Vanderbilt, according to an article from The Athletic:

    “I like him because he does a lot of winning things. He can do a little bit of everything. He can defend, rebound and score. I like him because he doesn’t do a lot of turnovers and make mistakes. He’s an energy guy who plays hard. He’s young and only going to get better.”

    “For him, once he gets healthy ... he’s the best rebounder I’ve ever seen,” Fox said on The Ringer NBA Podcast with Kevin O’Connor. “He can really handle the ball, he can play point guard if you really need him to. But he can go get the rebound and push the ball down the floor with anybody.”

    https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/5/13...-ive-ever-seen


    I think a guy that shows this shooting potential in the short vid below will eventually be able to make a jump shot.

    https://twitter.com/takemytalent/sta...25440549072896

    Difference maker. Versatility personified. Positionless basketball.
    Doesn’t that describe Frank yet you want him gone because he doesn’t score

  15. #1725
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    10,789
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I’m starting to warm up on Wendell Carter
    I'm against big men outside of Ayton, Bagley, or Jackson. Carter is Horford offensively, but not on the other end. Better passer than Kanter, but I think it would present the same issues.

    Jackson is the prototype. Bagley is horrible defensively, but he's athletic enough and moves well enough that you can hope he eventually becomes good on that end. Ayton and Bagley would make teams pay for going small on the other end.

    Carter doesn't move well enough and isn't athletic enough that I'd trust that he'd be able to defend in space eventually and Bamba would make KP a full-time PF. Bamba and KPs biggest strength is rim protection. Neither should have to be out on the perimeter full time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •