Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 114 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1805
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I think Jackson has to be in the conversation as well. Jackson is special too. Honestly though if we did get the top pick I would look to trade back a few spots, because we need more talent.

Perfect scenario in that situation to me would be something like this. Us #1, and Phoenix #4. We trade them #1 for #4, and 16#. In this scenario I believe the top 3 go Ayton, Doncic, Bagley which leaves us Jackson. Grab Jackson at 4, and Vanderbilt at 16 and BPA at 37.
    The talent is there with Jackson, but I just don't see him in the same tier as Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, or Porter. Outside of Porter because of his injury, those guys dominated the competition. Jackson could barely stay on the court at times. Jackson is too much of a projection in comparison.

Although any suggestions as to any team knowing which players they truly covet at this point should be taken with a grain of salt, the early word on the street for the Knicks is that if they managed to jump into the top three, their hope would be Marvin Bagley, while Mikal Bridges is said to be the player they’d covet around the 10th selection.
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...e-in-new-york/

To able to compete with the Sixers and the Celtics the Knicks cannot mess this pick up. They also have to sign a quality young asset to go along with thye rest of the young core. My suggestion would be to sign Aaron Gordon with something that the magic won't try to match. Gordon is an elite athlete and is on the borderline of being an all star and worth the money this early in his career and with him only being 22. He can play both forward spots in spurts as well. Then you can take a flier on both Knox and JV with other picks.

I would not waste another pick on a PG at this point.

Mikal
    Zhaire
    Knox
    Miles/Sexton

My order assuming we stay where we are
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-14-2018 at 02:21 PM.

I think most of this is speculation right now this is not Phil Jackson making draft decisions. I'm staying positive that Knicks come out with one or more talented player from this draft.

Porter
    Young/Miles
    Sexton/Knox

Mikhal/Smith/Vandy... God I hope not.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Knicks FO keeps saying tough and defensive minded I hope this is true. Since Perry started we got Mudaiy, Kanter and McDermott he gets a pass for the Melo trade but if he is not feeling Frank either maybe what he is saying is a sham and Mills is keeping him in check. This draft will tell where his head is truly at.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I think most of this is speculation right now this is not Phil Jackson making draft decisions. I'm staying positive that Knicks come out with one or more talented player from this draft.

Porter
    Young/Miles
    Sexton/Knox

Mikhal/Smith/Vandy... God I hope not.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Yea but you did not like Tatum last year either.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Knicks FO keeps saying tough and defensive minded I hope this is true. Since Perry started we got Mudaiy, Kanter and McDermott he gets a pass for the Melo trade but if he is not feeling Frank either maybe what he is saying is a sham and Mills is keeping him in check. This draft will tell where his head is truly at.
    The only one-sided players are Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Young, and Knox. I don't think anyone can blame them for taking the first four just based on overall talent. If they move up in the lottery, that's what they are looking at and there's no way to avoid it.

Even if they drafted Knox, they can still probably use the same talent and youth argument. People thought Tatum was terrible defensively also and look how that turned out.

If he doesn't like Frank, it doesn't mean that he doesn't value those things either. What good is a great defensive team that is behind on talent overall? Talent is easily the biggest factor for winning teams. I'm not saying Frank isn't talented, but those that don't like him point to just that. I hope they give him more time, but why would that train of thought be any different for Perry?

Yea but you did not like Tatum last year either.
    Because he thought he'd be an iso-heavy player, similar to Melo...not because of talent. His argument this year is that those players are not talented enough.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    The only one-sided players are Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Young, and Knox. I don't think anyone can blame them for taking the first four just based on overall talent. If they move up in the lottery, that's what they are looking at and there's no way to avoid it.

Even if they drafted Knox, they can still probably use the same talent and youth argument. People thought Tatum was terrible defensively also and look how that turned out.

If he doesn't like Frank, it doesn't mean that he doesn't value those things either. What good is a great defensive team that is behind on talent overall? Talent is easily the biggest factor for winning teams. I'm not saying Frank isn't talented, but those that don't like him point to just that. I hope they give him more time, but why would that train of thought be any different for Perry?
    At this point I would rather error with Knox because at least he is long and that is were the league is going. I could see Boston killing young all game. Exploiting him defensively and shutting him down offensively because of his size, lack of explosive first step and lack of athleticism. Like NO did the great Damian Lillard.

The same as a team than can score but cannot get a stop when needed. No bueno but alot of people think that your ability to score is the only thing considered talent.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.

The same as a team than can score but cannot get a stop when needed. No bueno.
    I agree with this also...didn't say otherwise.

At this point I would rather error with Knox because at least he is long and that is were the league is going. I could see Boston killing young all game. Exploiting him defensively and shutting him down offensively because of his size, lack of explosive first step and lack of athleticism. Like NO did the great Damian Lillard.
    It's possible. Shutting down Lillard was also easier because they don't have any other threats besides McCollum. They didn't shut him down by defending him one-on-one, it was great team defense and they were able to key in on him without repercussions because of what he doesn't have around him. I think it plays out a bit differently if Lillard were paired with someone like KP and it was different when he was with Aldridge for that reason.

Kyrie and IT haven't been shut down in playoff series and at the same time Simmons was shut down this year by Boston. I don't think it's as black and white as you've painted it and it's a case by case basis.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-14-2018 at 03:04 PM.

The same as a team than can score but cannot get a stop when needed. No bueno but alot of people think that your ability to score is the only thing considered talent.
    You're right about that too, however the choice between a one-sided defensive player or offensive player is roster dependent. Also, while there are two sides to the ball, the league consistently trends in one direction and makes it easier for those players.

There aren't many offensive wings and guards that can't get on the court (especially guards), but there are a lot of examples of good defensive players at those positions that teams can't afford to keep out there.

You're right about that too, however the choice between a one-sided defensive player or offensive player is roster dependent. Also, while there are two sides to the ball, the league consistently trends in one direction and makes it easier for those players.

There aren't many offensive wings and guards that can't get on the court (especially guards), but there are a lot of examples of good defensive players at those positions that teams can't afford to keep out there.
    It was team defense, SIZE and athleticism. Size and athleticism will do two things. One will cause u to have to adjust your shot to get it off and the other will stop u from getting in the lane. That is why the league is trending that way. Even Boston realized that with IT and moved on.