Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1805
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Except he's a better athlete and more skilled than all the players you've named...

What does it matter if he's 6'7", if he's a better player? Being 6'8"/6'9" does not automatically equal better.

Is Tatum better than Brown because he's 6'8" and Brown is only 6'6"/6'7" or is it because Tatum is a more skilled player?
    Thre can bearguements for both players. I like Vanderbilts upside. Plus I like that he can go all day with his motor skilss. He can put the ball on the court from full court and can pick up his man from full court. He can creat his own shot and these are both things that Miles needs work on. Yes Vanderbilt shot is notthat good right now buy its not broken. You can teach shooting way more than handling the ball and stuff like that. He's just what this team needs and fits Fizdale defensive style of play. He's 6-9 with a 7-0 reach and maybe not with my 9th pick but I would take him over Miles if it cam down to it. Guys like JV don't come around as much as a guy who has a decent shot and can jump out the gym.

im starting to lean more toward Miles or Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    im starting to lean more toward Miles or Knox.
    Im going for potential and upside over everything right now.... Hence why I agree with you and have a similar sentiment. The Knicks are so far away need need young players to be developed.

If we drafted Sexton I would want to flip THJ/Lee/Mudiay for Wiggins, just to balance the roster. But I was thinking about another outside the box draft idea, albeit one thatís been mentioned a bit but not really dug into.

What if we did draft Wendell Carter, and then sign Jabari Parker to like a 4 year, 60 mil deal (or less if possible)...

Frank-THJ-Jabari-KP-Carter, Burke as 6th man...

Just a thought.

Also does anyone else get a ďwebsite not secureĒ notification in the address bar when they login here? I just started getting that; Iím guessing that means our login info etc. isnít secure??

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    If we drafted Sexton I would want to flip THJ/Lee/Mudiay for Wiggins, just to balance the roster. But I was thinking about another outside the box draft idea, albeit one thatís been mentioned a bit but not really dug into.

What if we did draft Wendell Carter, and then sign Jabari Parker to like a 4 year, 60 mil deal (or less if possible)...

Frank-THJ-Jabari-KP-Carter, Burke as 6th man...

Just a thought.

Also does anyone else get a ďwebsite not secureĒ notification in the address bar when they login here? I just started getting that; Iím guessing that means our login info etc. isnít secure??
    I'm also getting the website not secure notification. But as to your earlier point, parker at 15 mil per is sooooo iffy and this is coming from someone who wants him on the team asap....also people are saying PF might be his more natural position, but idk about that. I think if Kanter opts out I do 4/45 with first year salary starting at 10 mil. I honestly don't see the bucks or any team matching that but I could be wrong.

As for Carter? That's a no from me dawg. We have to go BPA and worry about it later. I think we get the 7 spot. Assuming ayton, doncic, bagley, bamba, jackson and porter are the top 6 picks I say Trae Young...I don't care that we'd have 4 point guards, they all gonna have to duke it out and whoever comes out victorious will be our permanent starter for the year whether I like it, love it or hate it.

But I'd offer my 2019 1st and #7 pick to move up 2 spots for porter, or do a draft day trade with whoever drafts porter for 2019 pick and rights to swap whoever we draft. Kid will be special IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I'm also getting the website not secure notification. But as to your earlier point, parker at 15 mil per is sooooo iffy and this is coming from someone who wants him on the team asap....also people are saying PF might be his more natural position, but idk about that. I think if Kanter opts out I do 4/45 with first year salary starting at 10 mil. I honestly don't see the bucks or any team matching that but I could be wrong.

As for Carter? That's a no from me dawg. We have to go BPA and worry about it later. I think we get the 7 spot. Assuming ayton, doncic, bagley, bamba, jackson and porter are the top 6 picks I say Trae Young...I don't care that we'd have 4 point guards, they all gonna have to duke it out and whoever comes out victorious will be our permanent starter for the year whether I like it, love it or hate it.

But I'd offer my 2019 1st and #7 pick to move up 2 spots for porter, or do a draft day trade with whoever drafts porter for 2019 pick and rights to swap whoever we draft. Kid will be special IMO.
    I actually think Trae Young/Frank backcourt could really work, they compliment each other very well imo.

How do you have us getting the #7 pick though? I thought thatís not possible?

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post

It's impossible to get to 7. It's 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, or 12.

Iím leaning towards Lonnie Walker, he might be the Donovan Mitchell of this draft

Miles scares me. He does not have the size, he is not elite at anything whether shooting, handles and I hear he is suppose to be an elite athletically but will he be elite athletically compared to NBA athletes? If not we will just have to hope he improves all around. Just being athletic without other qualities does not make a great player. He looks underside for PF and may not be quick enough for SF. I guess we will see when he gets in the league

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Miles scares me. He does not have the size, he is not elite at anything whether shooting, handles and I hear he is suppose to be an elite athletically but will he be elite athletically compared to NBA athletes? If not we will just have to hope he improves all around. Just being athletic without other qualities does not make a great player. He looks underside for PF and may not be quick enough for SF. I guess we will see when he gets in the league
    He's easily the most skilled out of him, Knox, and Mikal. Not being elite at any one thing does not mean that he's not good at anything. In fact, he probably does not have a single definitive weakness...just a bunch of stuff that he's good at currently, or at least has flashed, that can go either way in the NBA. He has more tools in the box and it remains to be seen which ones get sharpened, but unlike the others (especially Mikal), if he fails at a couple things he still has more to lean on.

He was also the only one of the three who had the toughest defensive assignment and was defended by the best defender. He was the only player that defenses keyed in on. Even with that, he was more productive than the other two. This is key because unlike the others where you're projecting them for a bigger role (same still equals bigger as the competition is tougher), you're projecting Miles with better players around him and thinking what he can be when he's no longer the focus and not necessarily taking on the toughest defensive assignments. If he's still that guy in the NBA, that would mean he's a home run.

I usually don't do the highlight thing, but I just want to point out a few things. You can easily see his skillset flash more in comparison to the others, you can see the level of athleticism people talk about, and please show me where he looks like a PF besides his body type. The way he moves and his skillset does not say he's a PF. Go look at highlights of someone like Derrick Williams to see what a tweener really looks like. Miles is a SF that can play PF in small ball lineups.

Freshman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxsarTn8nko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8gH0BLFR8I

Sophomore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_32LDxryzLA

You'll also notice how much he slimmed down from his freshman year to his sophomore year. Mikal gets credit for finally becoming a standout after four years, yet we don't talk about Miles being in top shape before entering the league.

As far as his size...he's not undersized, he has short arms. I'm not sure when wingspan became such a buzz attribute, but it's more of an advantage than it is a detriment and when you're that level of athlete, I'm not sure it matters as much.

Lastly, you like Smith who is a comparable athlete, but has not flashed one definitive NBA skillset. I like him also, but I find it weird that you dislike a bigger and similar athlete that has skill.

Last edited by smood999; 05-12-2018 at 12:07 AM.

I was not trying to imply not good at anything. Not at all. I know these are highlights but why is he projected around 10. There has to be something pushing his stock lower. He seems to be able to shoot and dribble and is athhletic so what is the story? I will check draft express tommorow for his weaknesses.
    Last edited by cssdmark; 05-12-2018 at 12:40 AM.

I was not trying to imply not good at anything. Not at all. I know these are highlights but why is he projected around 10. There has to be something pushing his stock lower. He seems to be able to shoot and dribble and is athhletic so what is the story? I will check draft express tommorow for his weaknesses.
    Itís because he basically got worse in every statistic except for free throw shooting.

He didnít really make the expected leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Itís because he basically got worse in every statistic except for free throw shooting.

He didnít really make the expected leap.
    And that happened because he was given a bigger role more responsibilities.

Because of the tweener vs combo forward questions (is it narrative or reality?) and what I pointed out about a bunch of things pretty much being in a gray area.

Wingspan and minimal improvement from last year to this year (although the improvement came in doing different things, not statistically) are reasons also. The wingspan thing make people question whether heíll be able to do the same things in the league or if itíll hurt him.

Compared to last year, he stayed on the perimeter a lot more instead of attacking, which is good and bad. Good because he flashed more of that part of his game and bad because it held him back overall.

He has more to work with, but heís not perfect. To put it in perspective, he was viewed as a top-5 talent entering this season based on last year.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-12-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Im afraid we're all looking pass THE guy. NCAA total rebounding percentage:

Karl Anthony Town: 18.5%
    Anthony Davis: 19%
    Mo Bamba: 20.2%
    DeAndre Ayton: 21.4%
    Joel Embid: 21.7%
    Jarred Vanderbilt: 25.7

DeAaron Fox sad Vanderbilt was the best rebounder he's ever seen. For whatever that's worth. And we all know what a huge need rebounding will be once KP moves to C.
    Last edited by Bivory; 05-12-2018 at 04:50 PM.