Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 110 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1805
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1jDBCkkE8&t=4552s

Kevin Knox getting some love. 2/3 guys picking Knox for Knicks.

I see the love for him; if he plays any type of defense I can see him being a star (maybe Fiz helps with that). More potential with him over anyone else at 3. But if he's just a scorer, and becomes Melo light, this would put our team on a 3-4 year treadmill (ala Hornets).

I would take the chance on Kevin Knox potential where the Knicks are as a franchise. They need talent that they can develop into the culture they want to go in to.

I wouldn't mind trading Noah, Lee, and 2nd rd pick to Minny for Wiggins who Thibs is trying to move from. Knox and Wiggins would give us lentgh and athleticism.

Does each get to singn 2 two way contracts every year?

The Knicks worked out a Patrick Ewing understudy at Georgetown named Jesse Govan. He would be a nice 2 way contract if he's not drafted and kid from Rhode Island E.C Mathews.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1jDBCkkE8&t=4552s

Kevin Knox getting some love. 2/3 guys picking Knox for Knicks.

I see the love for him; if he plays any type of defense I can see him being a star (maybe Fiz helps with that). More potential with him over anyone else at 3. But if he's just a scorer, and becomes Melo light, this would put our team on a 3-4 year treadmill (ala Hornets).
    Not necessarily. If they add a bunch of players like that, then yes. Knox won't do that on his own even if he never develops on the defensive end. With KP and Frank in the lineup, they can probably afford to add a scorer or two.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Not necessarily. If they add a bunch of players like that, then yes. Knox won't do that on his own even if he never develops on the defensive end. With KP and Frank in the lineup, they can probably afford to add a scorer or two.
    The Knicks can't afford NOT adding scoring. Who can score for this team? KP, TH sometimes, and Burke. That's it. Knicks need a scorer and Knox is by far the best scorer of all the names we've been mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    The Knicks can't afford NOT adding scoring. Who can score for this team? KP, TH sometimes, and Burke. That's it. Knicks need a scorer and Knox is by far the best scorer of all the names we've been mentioning.
    I somewhat agree. Two way play always trumps everything unless it's an elite offensive player (ie. prime Melo > prime Paul George), but if there isn't a legit two way player I lean offense as well. Not every defensive player is a two way player and I think that's something that's starting to get lost. People are starting to use defensive player and two way player interchangeably.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-11-2018 at 10:41 AM.

New York Knicks | Likely spot: No. 9
    No. 1 pick odds: 1.7 percent | Top-3 pick odds: 6.1 percent

If they land in the top three, they should pick ...

No. 1: Deandre Ayton

No. 2: Luka Doncic

No. 3: Jaren Jackson Jr.

Most likely pick: Collin Sexton | PG | Alabama

With the growing realization that Frank Ntilikina is best as a defensive-minded off guard, the Knicks and newly-appointed head coach David Fizdale could use a PG of the future to put pressure on the rim and form a 1-2 scoring punch with Kristaps Porzingis

Sexton is an ideal candidate as one of the draft's best penetrators with the burst to dice up defenses and the mentality to thrive in New York City. His extreme focus and on-court competitiveness could fit perfectly in the NYC pressure-cooker. The Knicks could also consider a 3-and-D style wing like Mikal Bridges or an explosive small-ball 4 like Miles Bridges to slot next to Porzingis in a more modern lineup. -- Schmitz

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ore-every-team

They already giving frank a ceiling. Should give it more than one year with a new coach coming in as well to see if he can be a PG

I don't get why ppl on this board like mikhal and knox more than miles dude is a modern day Oakley with 3pt range, potential to create offense for others and play SF/PF/C position. Miles already plays good enough defense maybe not at mikhals level yet but once he realizes his full potential there will be no competition it would be like comparing Corey Brewer to Kevin Durant lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I don't get why ppl on this board like mikhal and knox more than miles dude is a modern day Oakley with 3pt range, potential to create offense for others and play SF/PF/C position. Miles already plays good enough defense maybe not at mikhals level yet but once he realizes his full potential there will be no competition it would be like comparing Corey Brewer to Kevin Durant lol.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, elite athletes who are skilled are always good bets. Seeing guys like Jaylen Brown, Josh Jackson, and even how much better Winslow looked at the end of this season and in the playoffs just makes me want him more. I think he's a better prospect than all of those guys except Josh Jackson.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Miles is under sized people we have enough 6-6 players, we need more height and athleticism period. We need players with lenght to cause our own mis matches and not get mis matched because e have to play guys out of position against certain teams. he may wind up being like a Jae Crowder or a Kenneth Farried but that's it and thats' just not enough, not to roll the dice with our 9th pick..no way!

Before I go with Miles I would take Jared Vanderbilt with the 9th pick if noting else. JV has the right motor skills like a modern day Rodman. I take Rodman and his antics any day of the week. So JV doesn't have the best 3pt shot but anything in from there he is a beast. He's a monster/nightmare on defense and can also ficilitate on offense on the break. He is also an extreme athlete that can pick up his man full court with no problem and he is a fierce competitor.

The Knicks can go with JV with the 1st pick and then someone like Dukes PG Duval or SF/SG Chandler Hutchinson or SF Diop with the 2nd rd pick. If the Knicks want to play big like most teams Jared Vanderbilt can play Point Forward like Giannis Antetokounmpo.

ESPN has Vanderbilt at #65 in their top prospect rankings, and you want us to grab him at #9?!

Not to mention that Knox is #15 and not even the highest ranked Kentucky player. That would be far less of a stretch at #9 though.

Quote Originally Posted by trueknickfan View Post
    Miles is under sized people we have enough 6-6 players, we need more height and athleticism period. We need players with lenght to cause our own mis matches and not get mis matched because e have to play guys out of position against certain teams. he may wind up being like a Jae Crowder or a Kenneth Farried but that's it and thats' just not enough, not to roll the dice with our 9th pick..no way!
    Except he's a better athlete and more skilled than all the players you've named...

What does it matter if he's 6'7", if he's a better player? Being 6'8"/6'9" does not automatically equal better.

Is Tatum better than Brown because he's 6'8" and Brown is only 6'6"/6'7" or is it because Tatum is a more skilled player?
    Last edited by smood999; 05-11-2018 at 01:41 PM.