Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    Avery Johnson has no done Sexton any favors, regarding preparing him to be a NBA pg. Most college coaches get their players to what's best for that coach to win. You see it all the time when kids come in displaying skills they didn't have the opportunity to showcase in school.
    In the beginning of the year Avery utilized Sexton as score-first lead guard, as the season went on the ball began to move around and Sexton shared ball duties, and down the stretch Sexton has been asked to utilize his scoring and playmaking. Avery doesn't push for this athletic to run and our half-court offense has been garbage for years. Sexton is doing what he can as the primary scorer on a young team that struggles to hit from range. Sexton has shown he can be special when he uses his talents to be an equal opportunist scorer & playmaker. Kentucky wasn't his best game, but what kid shines every game?
    What I'm trying to figure out with Sexton is would he be different on a team like Kentucky because of the talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Man, so much to disagree with here on a personal level for me. I think Wendell's skill level is another stratosphere from Jordan Hill. The latter literally had no game other than the physical attributed. Wendell can basically do everything

The fredette comparison is becoming over abused at this point. Basically used to describe all scorers with suspect defense. There's another name for them, college students.

Mudiay is trash. Fox is better in just about every respect in his first year vs Mudiay's third. Fox plays D. Sexton looks nothing like Fox, the boy can straight score and is way too ball dominant. Fox is the better athlete and basically a jumper away.

Why Knox? Cause he plays for Kentucky? He hasn't been good and continues to fall in the rankings. ESPN has him at 15 today fyi.
    Agreed. I'll also add that Jordan Hill was a one year wonder and an upperclassman in a very weak Pac 12 at the time...always a red flag.

I like Sexton. I know he will need some polish but I believe he has the raw talent to be a contributor.

I would be upset if we took Carter. He has a pretty high floor but low ceiling. I feel like your drafting and slotting him into that back up big role for a decade. Which is not worth a top 9 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I like Sexton. I know he will need some polish but I believe he has the raw talent to be a contributor.

I would be upset if we took Carter. He has a pretty high floor but low ceiling. I feel like your drafting and slotting him into that back up big role for a decade. Which is not worth a top 9 pick.
    Strong disagree. Carter has Horford potential. Hot take here but I think he’ll be considered as a better player than Bagley when it’s all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Strong disagree. Carter has Horford potential. Hot take here but I think he’ll be considered as a better player than Bagley when it’s all said and done.
    I don't agree about being better than Bagley, just because Bagley projects to be a more versatile big and Carter is more of an old-school big.

I wouldn't mind Carter, but it's the worst case scenario for me. Do you think he's separated himself from either of the Bridges'? I don't, which is why I would still opt for one of them.

I've gotten to the point where if the Knicks are sitting as high as 6 or 7 and one of Porter, Bagley or Jackson aren't available, I would prefer that they take one of the Bridges'. If Bamba is available, they should see if a team is willing to trade up for him and then still take one of the Bridges'.

I don't think there is much separation with prospects 7-11 and I am super high on Miles Bridges specifically. The faster pace, increased spacing, and playing with better players will help him similarly to the way it's helped Tatum. I think he's suffering from being "old news" right now. It's not easy to find that level of athleticism and versatility combined with his skill, which is why I'm convinced.

Mikal Bridges is older and has been around longer, but this is the first time he's emerged as a lottery pick so he still somewhat has that new shiny toy appeal.

If they opt for one of the PGs, they better be sure and I would probably look to move Frank for an additional pick.

ESPN has moved Knox down to 15 in their new mock. He's trending in the wrong direction.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I don't agree about being better than Bagley, just because Bagley projects to be a more versatile big and Carter is more of an old-school big.

I wouldn't mind Carter, but it's the worst case scenario for me. Do you think he's separated himself from either of the Bridges'? I don't, which is why I would still opt for one of them.

I've gotten to the point where if the Knicks are sitting as high as 6 or 7 and one of Porter, Bagley or Jackson aren't available, I would prefer that they take one of the Bridges'. If Bamba is available, they should see if a team is willing to trade up for him and then still take one of the Bridges'.

I don't think there is much separation with prospects 7-11 and I am super high on Miles Bridges specifically. The faster pace, increased spacing, and playing with better players will help him similarly to the way it's helped Tatum. I think he's suffering from being "old news" right now. It's not easy to find that level of athleticism and versatility combined with his skill, which is why I'm convinced.

Mikal Bridges is older and has been around longer, but this is the first time he's emerged as a lottery pick so he still somewhat has that new shiny toy appeal.

If they opt for one of the PGs, they better be sure and I would probably look to move Frank for an additional pick.
    I don’t think Carter has separated from the Bridges’. I guess I should clarify my hot take: I wouldn’t be surprised if Carter ends up better than Bagley given his playmaking and defensive abilities (passing).

I think we should go after the Bridges if they are all on the board because Carter is not a great fit with KP. But I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got Carter and tried to make it work.

ESPN has moved Knox down to 15 in their new mock. He's trending in the wrong direction.
    Because he keeps getting the stage and does nothing with it. He needs a big tournament for me to even add him to the consideration mix
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

I wouldn't go that far, but Wendell is trending in the right direction for sure. Very skilled at 18. He might not be jump out of the gym type, but he is very mobile, agile for his size. Not my top choice but I think he has serious game

I don’t think Carter has separated from the Bridges’. I guess I should clarify my hot take: I wouldn’t be surprised if Carter ends up better than Bagley given his playmaking and defensive abilities (passing).

I think we should go after the Bridges if they are all on the board because Carter is not a great fit with KP. But I wouldn’t be disappointed if we got Carter and tried to make it work.
    Yup, makes sense.

Because he keeps getting the stage and does nothing with it. He needs a big tournament for me to even add him to the consideration mix
    Exactly, I get that his physical tools are intriguing but he has to show himself first.

I think I pretty much agree with everything here. Same page.

I think Jackson is the one most likely to be there at 6-7 of the Porter/Bagley/JJ group. I hope someone takes Bamba ahead of us. I really think Jackson is a potential perfect fit next to KP.

I think the Bridges will move up some spots by the time the tournament is over, they will contribute to winning teams and should get some attention. My issue with taking them @ 6 is that it almost looks like they can be had 11-15. Add Knox to that mix. If we fall back 8-10 I have no issues. But if we get 6-7... Man we really need to try and trade for end of lotto pick for Miles. Wouldn't mind Knox there either.

I think the Suns, Spurs & even Philly could be candidates to trade the pick, given they are loaded on wings. A package of Lee, Mudiay & 2020 first? If its the Spurs we could take Danny Green/Rudy Gay off their hands both expire end of 2019

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...draft-3-13-18/

Miles Bridges 5th? Trae to Knicks

Just a couple evaluations I have done for these upcoming criticized nba prospects:

Luka Doncic: has a great feel for the game, ball skills are great, offensive game has a extremely high ceiling. Defensively I dont think he will have an issue in the nba (he can lowkey play both guard positions and can probably play the 3, with the ability to create match-up problems at all three position) (Think manu ginobli/ drazen petrovic)

Mikal Bridges: probably top 3 all around player in this draft, only thing hold him back is his handle and pull up jumper ability (think more athletic otto porter/ kahwi lite)

Marvin Bagley: IDC what anyone thinks this guy has a more skilled STAT written all over him (better ball skills, higher offensive Basketball IQ-passing out of double teams and dribbling ability, he has to get better defensively) scares me that he plays for DUKE cause a very high # of the draft picks never translate to be + defenders.

Wendell Carter: there is something about this guy that really intrigues me, I think he is be very under-utilized similar to how KAT and boogie were in college. This guy has a great polish polish for the game, post up moves and above average ball skills for a big guy. I think this guy is a real diamond in the rough. CALL ME CRAZY but I see this kid having a little boogie type skill to him. (boogie lite/horford hybrid)

Who is better fit for KP

Trae or Frank?

I'm taking best case scenario

Trae -pg version of CJ McCollum
    Frank - PG version of Nic Batum.

I'm still taking Frank. Trae, is he is not Curry, will get eaten alive on the next level. And Curry is 6'2" and a little bigger.

Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast