Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast

College, International, G League watch thread

I thought it would be nice to have one focused on prospects. We do something similar in the 49ers thread and it is great.

It's exciting talking about the players coming out and the possibilities there are.

Mods if you don't like the idea by all means delete it.

Looking at NBA draft.net they have Diallo falling to us in the 2nd round. That would be freaking awesome. Is he IMO the next NBA star? No. I love his athleticism and length. He also plays with a fearlessness that I love as well.

I can't even project first round for us at this point. I'm not sure where we will pick. I like Bamba alot. I think he could be a great defensively compliment next to KP. That length alone could be absolutely devastating.

Has anyone been watching the G League? Hicks could absolute give us some good minutes. Clearly the log jam in the front court hurts him, but he's exactly the athletic, long defensive big we need right now. Again temper expectations, he'd be a great fit off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    I thought it would be nice to have one focused on prospects. We do something similar in the 49ers thread and it is great.

It's exciting talking about the players coming out and the possibilities there are.

Mods if you don't like the idea by all means delete it.

Looking at NBA draft.net they have Diallo falling to us in the 2nd round. That would be freaking awesome. Is he IMO the next NBA star? No. I love his athleticism and length. He also plays with a fearlessness that I love as well.

I can't even project first round for us at this point. I'm not sure where we will pick. I like Bamba alot. I think he could be a great defensively compliment next to KP. That length alone could be absolutely devastating.

Has anyone been watching the G League? Hicks could absolute give us some good minutes. Clearly the log jam in the front court hurts him, but he's exactly the athletic, long defensive big we need right now. Again temper expectations, he'd be a great fit off the bench.
    Iíd be shocked if Diallo falls that far, guessing heíll go in the teens. And isnt he a 2 anyway? We already seem to have a logjam there with THJ/Lee/Dotson.

My draft board right now is basically:

Doncic/Bagley/Porter/Bridges/Bamba (none of whom weíre likely to land)

And then:

Mikal Bridges/Knox/Musa

One of these 3 guys above I think will be available for us. Iíd be happy to add any one of them (Musa looks like a bit of a point forward & some Euro fans seem to like him better than Doncic.)

2nd round (Chi pick) maybe Grayson Allen? As a future backup PG to Frank, thatís interesting to me.

We donít have our own 2nd in this draft right?
    Last edited by HeartOfStarks; 11-28-2017 at 01:24 PM.

We do not have our own 2nd rounder. We just have Chicago's 2nd. Which should be top of the 2nd round. I think you're right about Diallo. No way he goes 2nd round. I think he is a teen pick. He's a guy if I brought him in i'd say focus on defense. I think he could be a Marcus Smart type player right away. He's not as strong as smart, but he could be as tenacious defensively.

Does anyone know anything about Kostas Antetokounmpo? I don't see him on any mocks for next year. I know he is very unpolished but if he could be a good fit timeline wise. I'm not expecting him to be his brother, but he's a step above Thansis so my expectations are a very good defender who could have an impact offensively.

Kevin Knox and Grayson Allen would give us a nice lift with both coming from big programs and can contribute for us right away. If we those 2 we then get rid of Lee and Thomas for sure.

Do you watch a lot of college basketball?? This year might be the first year i've watched 5 or 6 teams at a time lol. I'm a UCONN fan so I usually just watch them, and whatever big match up there is. However this year I'm watching a lot of Texas, Arizona, Kentucky, Michigan State, and Duke as well.

I'm not sold on Allen. I think Allen could be a JJ Reddick type. Which isn't a bad fit. I just think the overall game of Dotson is better. Maybe i'm wrong about Allen though.

Do you watch a lot of college basketball?? This year might be the first year i've watched 5 or 6 teams at a time lol. I'm a UCONN fan so I usually just watch them, and whatever big match up there is. However this year I'm watching a lot of Texas, Arizona, Kentucky, Michigan State, and Duke as well.

I'm not sold on Allen. I think Allen could be a JJ Reddick type. Which isn't a bad fit. I just think the overall game of Dotson is better. Maybe i'm wrong about Allen though.
    Allen seems to me to actually thrive best at point. His assist rate there is quite good from what I know, and he just seems to operate better at point to me. Maybe I'm off though. Just thinking of value at that early 30s pick and he seems like he could provide some at that draft spot.

He would be a good value pick at that point. I just really want a athletic, and long defensive team. I think i'd rather try and find someone in that mold at that point in the draft. Maybe there won't be one, but that'd be my agenda there.

He would be a good value pick at that point. I just really want a athletic, and long defensive team. I think i'd rather try and find someone in that mold at that point in the draft. Maybe there won't be one, but that'd be my agenda there.
    Yeah, I'm just thinking we'll likely draft a SF with our first rounder, so then with that 2nd round pick I feel like we should either go for a PG (since 2 of our 3 current PGs are just old), or a hybrid 4 in the mold of a Jordan Bell or someone that may be able to play alongside KP at the 5. Not sure who that might be in the early 2nd.

I'm not sure either. I don't think Kanter opts out, so for at least this year and next year our front court will be Kanter and KP. I also don't really see a guy in the 30's who fits that mold. The more I study the draft, the more I start to believe picking anywhere from 15 to 30 isn't really that great of a scenario. The players that I can see maybe being there are Brown(stretch probably), McCoy, Trent Jr, Diallo. Out of all of those guys I like Diallo best. I don't see the other guys being that successful in the NBA tbh.

I'm not sure either. I don't think Kanter opts out, so for at least this year and next year our front court will be Kanter and KP. I also don't really see a guy in the 30's who fits that mold. The more I study the draft, the more I start to believe picking anywhere from 15 to 30 isn't really that great of a scenario. The players that I can see maybe being there are Brown(stretch probably), McCoy, Trent Jr, Diallo. Out of all of those guys I like Diallo best. I don't see the other guys being that successful in the NBA tbh.
    I'll be shocked if Diallo drops below 20 in this draft. I like him but I just don't think we can go SG with that first pick, almost has to be a 3 in my eyes.

Collin Sexton deserves some talk as one of the top picks.

Where we will pick, I'd say Mikal Bridges is the best player but Sexton (although his character may be a question mark) would be exactly what we need good defense, underrated shooter, penetrates well, underrated passing. In Jeff's system he would be huge. I know we have Frank but if we could get Collin, he'd make up for missing Dennis Smith even though we don't know how good Frank could be.

I really hope we bring up Luke Kornet up next season. 7'1 who can shoot the 3 and and protect the rim. Another big shooter with decent passing to.

The dream pick for our team in particular would be Doncic, but there's no way we end up worse than the true bottom feeding teams like Chicago, Phoenix, etc.

I don't think we could pick any higher than 8th just based on how bad the bottom 7 teams are.

For a pick in the 10-14 range I like Jarred Vanderbilt. He's got playmaking ability and good defense, two things we'd like to have at the 3 spot.

I haven't seen much of Musa but I hear great things about him. Anyone wanna chime in?

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    The dream pick for our team in particular would be Doncic, but there's no way we end up worse than the true bottom feeding teams like Chicago, Phoenix, etc.

I don't think we could pick any higher than 8th just based on how bad the bottom 7 teams are.

For a pick in the 10-14 range I like Jarred Vanderbilt. He's got playmaking ability and good defense, two things we'd like to have at the 3 spot.

I haven't seen much of Musa but I hear great things about him. Anyone wanna chime in?
    I honestly haven't seen Vanderbilt mocked in the first round - you think he'll go there? He is an intriguing prospect.

Musa can sort of do it all from what I've seen of him. The biggest question is how he'll be at NBA speed/athleticism. But from what I've seen if we're drafting in the late teens I'd gamble on him (if Mikal Bridges & Knox are off the board).

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Iíd be shocked if Diallo falls that far, guessing heíll go in the teens. And isnt he a 2 anyway? We already seem to have a logjam there with THJ/Lee/Dotson.

My draft board right now is basically:

Doncic/Bagley/Porter/Bridges/Bamba (none of whom weíre likely to land)

And then:

Mikal Bridges/Knox/Musa

One of these 3 guys above I think will be available for us. Iíd be happy to add any one of them (Musa looks like a bit of a point forward & some Euro fans seem to like him better than Doncic.)

2nd round (Chi pick) maybe Grayson Allen? As a future backup PG to Frank, thatís interesting to me.

We donít have our own 2nd in this draft right?
    Miles Bridges and Porter have a chance of sliding, similar to Monk and Giles.

Bridges' question marks are similar to Monk's as they mostly relate to size. I don't think Porter's case is as extreme as Giles but it is a back injury, so who knows?

I think the Knicks ultimately pick in the 8-10 range, unless they get lucky and move up like the Kings did last year.

Depending on how Frank finishes the season, I think Sexton and Duval are good options as well. Also, keep an eye on Trae Young who may rise if he keeps doing what he's been doing to start the season.

I like Knox right now in the 11-14 range, but I haven't researched many players outside of the top 10 yet.

I don't think Diallo will go in the second round, but I wouldn't be shocked either. He's an elite athlete, but he doesn't really know how to play basketball yet. The keys for him this year are his shot and decision making.

Page 1 of 121 1231151101 ... LastLast