Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    based on how they're playing now I say that's a possibility, and a strong one at that. But it still comes down to how they play in the playoffs. When the defenses tighten, when tendencies are known, are we still going to move the ball? And are Lowry/Demar gonna show up? Do we take advantages of mismatches, or do we forget about players at halftimes.

The question for this team has never been the regular season, it's the playoffs. So although I'm really excited for what I'm seeing, I REALLY don't want to create expectations, nor do I want to jinx it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy:32164278
    based on how they're playing now I say that's a possibility, and a strong one at that. But it still comes down to how they play in the playoffs. When the defenses tighten, when tendencies are known, are we still going to move the ball? And are Lowry/Demar gonna show up? Do we take advantages of mismatches, or do we forget about players at halftimes.

The question for this team has never been the regular season, it's the playoffs. So although I'm really excited for what I'm seeing, I REALLY don't want to create expectations, nor do I want to jinx it.
    Yeah I have no expectations. Lowry and DeMar scare me.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    My potential buy out candidates in order:

1. VC - for sentimental reason, I still have his no.15 red jersey. But most importantly he can be a good influence for the young guys in the playoffs with his experience. Maybe he can be the x-factor for both Derozan and Lowry when it matters most. He still can stroke it outside of 22 feet.

2. Channing Frye - decent back up big for Ibaka

3. Joe Johnson - another potential threat if Raps go ISO which I’m 99% they would do in late playoff game situations.
    Frye and Johnson would be good gets. Johnson is great for matching up against other teams.

Belli has been waived.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Brandon Wright of interest to anyone? Might not make the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer:32164870
    Brandon Wright of interest to anyone? Might not make the rotation.
    I don't see him getting into the rotation. At this point I'm hoping they sign Belli. 3 point shot and can handle the ball. He will fit in very well with the second unit. The only issue is playing time.

Ilyasova might get bought out too.

I would sign either Belli or Ilya.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I don't see him getting into the rotation. At this point I'm hoping they sign Belli. 3 point shot and can handle the ball. He will fit in very well with the second unit. The only issue is playing time.
    We are so deep everywhere, but at least Bellinelli has an elite skill that we need. Don't like the sacrifice of defense from most of our defense guys, but if the rotation shifts at all and Miles plays with the starters, Bellenelli could at least help the bench's shooting a bit. Don't love the idea of both Powell and Anunoby on the bench for meaningful games, but the benefits would outweigh the concern

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer:32165174

We are so deep everywhere, but at least Bellinelli has an elite skill that we need. Don't like the sacrifice of defense from most of our defense guys, but if the rotation shifts at all and Miles plays with the starters, Bellenelli could at least help the bench's shooting a bit. Don't love the idea of both Powell and Anunoby on the bench for meaningful games, but the benefits would outweigh the concern
    Yeah I rather have the options and worry about rotations after. It's nice to have another 3 point shooter in case Miles goes cold. The fact that he can handle the ball a bit doesn't hurt either. It will also push guys like Miles and Powell even more to be locked in.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32165066
    Ilyasova might get bought out too.

I would sign either Belli or Ilya.
    I just hope they are not waiting for Vince. All we have heard at this point is that there are internal discussions and that they would like Vince to stay. If they wait it out for him, they could lose the opportunity to sign Belli or other guys that can help.

However, Masai did say that there could be some surprise buyouts, so maybe a player that no one expected becomes available. Perhaps teams will wait it out a bit before targeting players.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I just hope they are not waiting for Vince. All we have heard at this point is that there are internal discussions and that they would like Vince to stay. If they wait it out for him, they could lose the opportunity to sign Belli or other guys that can help.

However, Masai did say that there could be some surprise buyouts, so maybe a player that no one expected becomes available. Perhaps teams will wait it out a bit before targeting players.
    I don't really care for the emotions around Vince. If he's better than the other options remaining, then sure. But there should be a ton of other guys better than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32165205
    I don't really care for the emotions around Vince. If he's better than the other options remaining, then sure. But there should be a ton of other guys better than him.
    Yeah I love Vince, but I would be disappointed if they went after him for just sentimental reasons. It's a nice story but there are better options.

I really want Illy. He might be better than ibaka.

I lobby too much for Vince but if Masai opted to acquire another buy out player then so be it.

However Vince could be the IT factor that Pierce once referred to as what the Raptors is lacking.

IMO he can defer that playoff pressure from Lowry and DeRozan. Yes it’s obvious that this 41 years old may no longer have it all but he still can stroke it from three and he is Clutch wherein we all know both Lowry and DeRozan are not when it matters most.

However most importantly he can trash talk the Lebron James of this world.

Ujiri can definitely take a different route and get an Illy or Belli or JJ or Diaw or Frye but I really think Vince’s intangibles could be the difference maker.

VC isnt even getting waived, so I don't know why he seems to be everyones focus. ( ...or at least most people here.)

Wright and Joe Johnson are both tagging along with Houston. So they are gone.

Arden Zwelling said yesterday on PTS that he thought Ujiri may be looking at Europe and not the NBA to fill that 15th spot on the roster.

I don't know who makes any sense tbh. The only thing that would have would have been an upgrade in the starting lineup somewhere. Using our deep bench and a large contract to get back an impact player. Who really cares about some bench warmer.

I would have rather just let Bruno sit on the bench as a 3rd string PF/SF behind Siakam and Miles to play some garbage minutes down the stretch with the bench mob.

Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast