Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Yeah, turning 3 crap players into an elite player is likely

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think if they simply let OG and Siakam develop they could turn into a shut down pair of defenders at the 3/4 who can switch on to anyone. The only guys that could see being on their way out via trade are Ibaka, Miles and Powell... Those 3 make about 40M combined. If you can turn them into 1 elite player somehow to go with Lowry and DD this team could get a lot better.
    DD alone wonít bring back an elite player. How do you expect 3 role players to bring back elite talent? Unless you send DD or Lowry along with OG or Siakem you are not getting anything back of significance

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think if they simply let OG and Siakam develop they could turn into a shut down pair of defenders at the 3/4 who can switch on to anyone. The only guys that could see being on their way out via trade are Ibaka, Miles and Powell... Those 3 make about 40M combined. If you can turn them into 1 elite player somehow to go with Lowry and DD this team could get a lot better.
    Opposing teams are more likely to see that as 40 million of unwanted salary. Can you provide an exception of a team that might value the contributions of 2 bench players and an aging starter for a combined 40 million as = to 1 elite player?

I have a really hard time imagining it.

Possibly a player on their way out no matter what like in a S&T or an aging player at the end of their career. Gasol/cousins? Tough sell without including youth and picks.

maybe we could swing a deal for Leonard centered around Derozan, find a taker for JV, then turn around and roll the dice offering Cousins the biggest deal we can afford. I don't know how much ($) that would be or how reckless some of these other teams might get but if the Raptors aren't in go for broke or start over mode I don't know who is. and if cousins and Leonard are not the same you are halfway to tanking already.

Masai if you are reading this give it some thought.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I have not been in favor of moving on either of these players in the past for a myriad of reasons but after maxing out our results and seeing Derozan testicles shrink yet again what else is there to do? cousins would likely relish the challenge of dethroning LeBron

Lowry
    Leonard
    Cousins

I don't know who is left after the moves made necessary

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    maybe we could swing a deal for Leonard centered around Derozan, find a taker for JV, then turn around and roll the dice offering Cousins the biggest deal we can afford. I don't know how much ($) that would be or how reckless some of these other teams might get but if the Raptors aren't in go for broke or start over mode I don't know who is. and if cousins and Leonard are not the same you are halfway to tanking already.

And before anyone says anything, yes, I have not been in favor of moving on either of these players in the past for a myriad of reasons but after maxing out our results and seeing Derozan testicles shrink yet again what else is there to do? cousins would likely relish the challenge of dethroning LeBron

Lowry
    Leonard
    Cousins

A lot of league minimum players, lol. But seriously, it's worth taking a shot on something like that before rolling over and starting the next rebuild.

As far as the coaching search goes, this Colangelo story couldn't have happened at a better time for them. We're close enough to it that we're all interested, yet it doesn't really concern them. Buys them a few extra days to sort this mess out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Possibly a player on their way out no matter what like in a S&T or an aging player at the end of their career. Gasol/cousins? Tough sell without including youth and picks.
    Brings it back to the other thread on S&T. It would be tough to stay under the apron in such a deal. I mean the idea sounds nice, but a lot would have to come together to make it possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Brings it back to the other thread on S&T. It would be tough to stay under the apron in such a deal. I mean the idea sounds nice, but a lot would have to come together to make it possible.
    Agreed, but we have some players that we could easily give away for a 2nd or something if we just need to drop a few mil. CJ is movable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

Lowry
    Leonard
    Cousins

I hope the team takes a direction like that. If you canít swimg it for these guys, any shot at getting Irving? Something gotta give here.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I hope the team takes a direction like that. If you canít swimg it for these guys, any shot at getting Irving? Something gotta give here.
    you know I don't particularly like Irving much but I think we have enough talent that if we could swap somehow for Irving without getting hosed we could have a different outcome against James

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Kyrie is a FA after this year right?

Celtics would probably want OG for him.

I don't think the Celtics want anymore SF. I think they would want JV, Wright, and Siakam. Possibly peortle too.
    Either that or they would want deorzan straight up.

I think Kyrie May require more than DD.

I dunno, I think they're likely happy with Tatum and Brown going forward, or moving one of them for an elite player like Leonard.

our biggest obstacle here is that Danny Ainge is likely to view Derozan the same way the minority of us do.

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast