Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Afflalo might also be bought out from Orlando.

Illy was the only piece that would have had an impact.

Can't hurt to have a vet around if the rookies struggle. If that bench struggles, we are ****ed. Whereas if the starters struggle but the bench plays well, we still got a chance,

watch Afflalo is either gonna pick philly or Cavs

Tomorrow is the deadline. I don't think Masai will be picking up anybody and honestly, there really isn't anyone available that makes sense.
    Last edited by aman_13; 02-28-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Cory Brewer ??

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson:32198420
    Cory Brewer ??
    He really doesn't add anything that Powell can't do.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    He really doesn't add anything that Powell can't do.
    Good point. Those minutes are better to give to the 10m investment.

What's Dorrell Wright doing? He was a pretty good 3 point shooter and had enough size.

Wiggins getting frustrated with his role.

I know lots of us thought very highly of him coming out and even talked about the minimum number of years until we could get him here. But things have changed. We're a much better team, he has been good, but not quite as good as everyone thought. But.... he still is just 22. He has lots of room to grow and has all the tools to do so. Bringing him home to a winning team with lots of culture now, could spark something inside of him.

Do you make a deal? I'm not talking replacing Kyle or Demar with him, but adding him to that mix.

Lowry
    Derozan
    Wiggins
    Ibaka
    Val

I would trade Ibaka and Powell (might be the only trade that works salary wise anyway) for him since that really isn't much. Powell is out of the depth chart and Ibaka will probably decline much more than we would like anyway.

But Wiggins isn't going to become what many hoped he would be.

His defense is pretty bad and he just coasts now. He's actually on track to become Rudy Gay. Thibs doesn't hold him accountable and I thought Jimmy would be a good mentor for him but bad results so far. Casey might be able to hold him accountable and Demar/Lowry might be good mentors for him but iunno.

^ What he said. Wiggins is not good at defense. With Lowry getting older and Derozan (although improved) not being a great defender, we need a good defender at the SF spot. Anouby is better than him defensively already. If I guy like Butler isn't able to get him to play defense, then I'm skeptical that our guys can. Not sure if playing in Toronto would help either.

Also congrats Eaglesbaby on your Eagles SB
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

Excellent points. It's funny how he hasn't turned out to be the guy most of us thought. Although still very talented and lots of unreached potential. But I thought he had superstar written all over him.

I never thought he would come in and tear up the league. He just didn't have that generational talent vibe. Still I hoped he would have a DeMar like ascend and he still could. I'd move Powell and Ibaka for him in a second. You could start siakam at PF and have Wiggins off the bench (when he can have the ball in his hands) or you start Wiggins beside OG and let Val worry about rebounds early in the 1st. The way Casey coaches he would be closing games if he was hot. Who starts doesn't matter so much with this team. Wiggins would only have to improve his corner 3 a bit to match what is currently bringing to the table. So far only portle hasn't yet improved his 3 shooting under this coaching staff - that's saying a lot.

I actually think this raptors team is exactly what Wiggins needs. And I actually think Minni would consider a Powell/Baka swap. They could see some Jimmy in Norman, and we know first hand how challenging it is to find a stretch 4. If we could add FVV or BeBe to put it over the top then that would be perfect but I think it would have to be Delon or poertle which I would be fine with assuming the formers return and we are able to pick up a 2nd rounder somewhere to allow Masai to work his magic.

The knock on Wiggins coming out of college was his work ethic. I didn't think it would be a problem but it really is holding him back. It's not just on defence either. The guy takes tons of plays off on offence.

There's no question he has talent but I don't want to take a chance on him. He's too similar to DeMar and wouldn't fit on the team.

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast