Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Trade Idea Thread

We should sticky this.

I'm sure there will be a lot of trade talks this season with the the younger players playing so well.

Marc Gasol? Is he worth it?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Marc Gasol is the best player on a non-playoff team. But he's apparently tight with the owner. We would need to give up 2 of OG, Powell or JP to make it work with JV as salary filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32008359
    Marc Gasol is the best player on a non-playoff team. But he's apparently tight with the owner. We would need to give up 2 of OG, Powell or JP to make it work with JV as salary filler.
    His age worries me though but I think he'd fit like a glove.
    Last edited by aman_13; 11-28-2017 at 01:08 AM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Isn't he the same age as Lowry ?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson:32008507

Isn't he the same age as Lowry ?
    Lowry is 2 yrs younger.

He seems like a guy who would age well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:32008544

He seems like a guy who would age well though.
    Yeah like his brother but teams are so small ball happy, I wonder if he will play just as long.

I wouldnt sell the farm for Gasol. He isn't good enough to at the moment to put us in championship contention and he's declining.

Lowry is 2 yrs younger.
    No bro, I think your mistaking.

Lowry - March 25th 1986
    M. Gasol - January 29th 1985

They are just over a year apart. My point being is that they have the same window so the age doesn't concern me. This team has 2-3 year window and Gasol fits that.

However what does concern me is what you posted in the other thread about the raptors using the pick and roll to much and M.Gasol thrives in the pick and roll.

So on one hand he would fit perfectly but on the other hand he would give us more of what needs to be changed so I'm on the fence with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadds The Gr8 View Post
    I wouldnt sell the farm for Gasol. He isn't good enough to at the moment to put us in championship contention and he's declining.
    I think he is in his prime. His brothers game has really aged gracefully. Marc may follow in the same foot steps.

Also he's averaging 19 & 9. The 19 ppg matches a career best from last year. The 9 rpg is the best of his career. So I don't see how he is declining.

His percentages are down a bit but that's likely due to losing so many vets on the team and having to do more on his own.

If M. Gasol had a Demar to take some pressure off of him offensively I think he would thrive.

Depends on the price tag though. I wouldn't offer anything more than Jonas, Wright, JP and pair of 2018-19 picks.

Lowry-FVV
    Derozan-Powell
    OG- Miles
    Siakam- Ibaka
    Gasol-Nogueira

This team would have a 2 year window.. if it don't work out you trade Klow, Derozan, Gasol, Ibaka, Miles for expirings and picks and build around the young guys. That gives you an escape plan when MU is ready to give up on this core.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think he is in his prime. His brothers game has really aged gracefully. Marc may follow in the same foot steps.

Also he's averaging 19 & 9. The 19 ppg matches a career best from last year. The 9 rpg is the best of his career. So I don't see how he is declining.

His percentages are down a bit but that's likely due to losing so many vets on the team and having to do more on his own.

If M. Gasol had a Demar to take some pressure off of him offensively I think he would thrive.

Depends on the price tag though. I wouldn't offer anything more than Jonas, Wright, JP and pair of 2018-19 picks.

Lowry-FVV
    Derozan-Powell
    OG- Miles
    Siakam- Ibaka
    Gasol-Nogueira

This team would have a 2 year window.. if it don't work out you trade Klow, Derozan, Gasol, Ibaka, Miles for expirings and picks and build around the young guys. That gives you an escape plan when MU is ready to give up on this core.
    his defense has fallen off a cliff. he's obviously still a good player but isnt elite anymore and isnt good enough to push us to the top. Maybe 3 yrs ago gasol would make us favourites in the east but not this one. if we sell the farm i want it to be for a player that makes us clear favourites in the east

Gasol's contract could also become terrible and untradeable if he continues to decline.

his defense has fallen off a cliff. he's obviously still a good player but isnt elite anymore and isnt good enough to push us to the top. Maybe 3 yrs ago gasol would make us favourites in the east but not this one. if we sell the farm i want it to be for a player that makes us clear favourites in the east

Gasol's contract could also become terrible and untradeable if he continues to decline.
    His contract runs out in two years. (Same time as Lowry)

3 seasons ago he was averaging 16, 7, 3.8
    Today he is 19, 9 & 4

As we know the league has changed in the last 3 years, teams are going smaller and that can have something to do with the slide in defense. Also they just ran through their 3rd coach, got rid of a bunch of vets, and Conleys been out so Gasol has had to force a lot on his own. That teams wheels fell right off. What does he have to work with currently ? T Evans and Jamichael Geeen? That's brutal, especially in the west.

Not that I disagree with you because I wouldnt wanna part with Siakam, OG either but Jonas wouldn't get the job done alone and as it is we have a log jam of bigs so I would offer up JP as well. I don't perceive that as "selling the farm" and the picks we give up in the deal wouldn't be that great as we would be a top team in the east for the next 2 years. But in that 3rd year maybe we trade everyone and get better picks by trading Demar.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Lowry-FVV
    Derozan-Powell
    OG- Miles
    Siakam- Ibaka
    Gasol-Nogueira

I would definitely depend on the price. I wouldn't include OG in a package personally. Poeltl + Wright + a pick seems reasonable with JV also heading the other for salary/readiness considerations. If Cavs offer TT and that Brooklyn pick though, I can't see us competing with that offer.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson:32009032
    No bro, I think your mistaking.

Lowry - March 25th 1986
    M. Gasol - January 29th 1985

They are just over a year apart. My point being is that they have the same window so the age doesn't concern me. This team has 2-3 year window and Gasol fits that.

However what does concern me is what you posted in the other thread about the raptors using the pick and roll to much and M.Gasol thrives in the pick and roll.

So on one hand he would fit perfectly but on the other hand he would give us more of what needs to be changed so I'm on the fence with this one.
    You're right, I saw 33 on basketball reference. Should of checked the actual date. He would fit the time line but I'm skeptical as well about him putting us over the top.

Why do you say this? He is still averaging 19.1 ppg , 9.1 rpg and 4.1 apg to go along with 1.7 blocks.. These are all just under his career highs...and would be his second best season of his career in all of those categories if the season ended today. The only thing that has declined is his 3pt% in November. He is still one of the best shooting and best passing bigs in the NBA.

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast