Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 127 of 131 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1962
  1. #1891
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    11,096
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Still weird for me that 2nd rounders tip the scales. I know teams can get lucky, but can anyone name the two players drafted by the 2nd rounders we gave up for PJ Tucker a few years back? Without googling it!?
    I agree, and I think it’s about the non guaranteed contracts that they get.

    Also, if we offered 2 second rounders and got topped by 4 second rounders that would make sense.

  2. #1892
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    55,494
    Thanks. Good luck to the Raptors this year! Going for broke.

  3. #1893
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,499
    A pair of tickets just fell into my lap to catch Marc’s home debut tonight!

  4. #1894
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,861
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    A pair of tickets just fell into my lap to catch Marc’s home debut tonight!
    A pair you say.... Who you gonna go with?? 8)

  5. #1895
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,473
    Even if they wanted to match the 4 picks, they were already using one to get rid of Monroe. The best they could have done would have been 4 picks in 5 years, and the Bucks could offer 4 picks in 3 years.

    I'd rather have the 3x all-star and former DPOY so I am glad they didn't get Mirotic. His defense and all in attitude for a ring should help this team down the stretch and in the playoffs.

  6. #1896
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,499
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    A pair you say.... Who you gonna go with?? 8)
    hanton

  7. #1897
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,861
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    hanton
    Damn you.

  8. #1898
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,861
    I think gasol will force teams to play a big. They can't go small and force him off the floor because him in a strength mismatch is a great shot. With val they could sort of abuse him and force him out of the game.

    Boogie vs gasol
    Pure Talent vs fundamentals and savyness.
    I'll take gasol on most nights.

  9. #1899
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    24,597
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    hanton
    That should be .... interesting. I assume blue jay talk is off limits lol

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  10. #1900
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,220
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think gasol will force teams to play a big. They can't go small and force him off the floor because him in a strength mismatch is a great shot. With val they could sort of abuse him and force him out of the game.

    Boogie vs gasol
    Pure Talent vs fundamentals and savyness.
    I'll take gasol on most nights.
    Let's hope that actually happens this year lol.

    Us against 76ers would be fun too (hopefully in the ECF by knocking out Bucks).

    Marc vs Embiid
    Siakam vs Harris
    Green vs Butler
    Kyle vs Reddick
    Kawhi vs Simmons

  11. #1901
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18,830
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think gasol will force teams to play a big. They can't go small and force him off the floor because him in a strength mismatch is a great shot. With val they could sort of abuse him and force him out of the game.

    Boogie vs gasol
    Pure Talent vs fundamentals and savyness.
    I'll take gasol on most nights.
    The Raptors are not switching defensively with him so far, so in theory he will be able to stay on the court but a team like the Bucks can stretch him out. Maybe the zone defense that has been great all yr ends up changing things.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  12. #1902
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    18,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Let's hope that actually happens this year lol.

    Us against 76ers would be fun too (hopefully in the ECF by knocking out Bucks).

    Marc vs Embiid
    Siakam vs Harris
    Green vs Butler
    Kyle vs Reddick
    Kawhi vs Simmons
    The Raptors are built to play the Sixers.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  13. #1903
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    That should be .... interesting. I assume blue jay talk is off limits lol

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Why talk Blue Jays when you can dissect interviews?

  14. #1904
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7,861
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Why talk Blue Jays when you can dissect interviews?
    Air horns

  15. #1905
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    18,499
    After watching last night I have no problem losing a bit of rebounding from JV's departure. Gasol is nasty on both ends of the floor. He's sound defensively and doesn't rush anything on offence. It seemed like he made the right play everytime he touched the ball last night.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •