Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New coach candidates

So it's obvious that this coaching staff is done and they will be gone at the end of the year (barring a miraculous turnaround).
    Who are some names you'd like to see as our new HC.
    I don't think Gruden would be a good idea because we've already gone the route of the retread (Lovie Smith) and I don't believe that ever works. I'd like to see maybe a Harbough from Michigan or thinking outside the box Jimbo Fischer from FSU.
    What are your thoughts?

I mean Harbough absolutely but he's not leaving Michigan IMO, Fischer is a college coach. If we do go the college route I would prefer Shaw from Stanford. I think Garrett gets canned from Dallas I personally wouldn't mind him but I would definitely LOVE him as OC. Todd Bowles as DC would be dope as well but not HC. McDaniels wouldn't be a bad guy but I think he's waiting to take over for Belicheick. I have a feeling it's going to be Gruden whether we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I mean Harbough absolutely but he's not leaving Michigan IMO, Fischer is a college coach. If we do go the college route I would prefer Shaw from Stanford. I think Garrett gets canned from Dallas I personally wouldn't mind him but I would definitely LOVE him as OC. Todd Bowles as DC would be dope as well but not HC. McDaniels wouldn't be a bad guy but I think he's waiting to take over for Belicheick. I have a feeling it's going to be Gruden whether we like it or not.
    Gruden will never coach again, he is the John Madden of this generation. You got a better chance of getting Cowher to cone out of retirement than Gruden.

My guess right now is they give Koetter another year.

At this point I really don't have a preference, top of my list would probably be guys like Jim Harbaugh, Jim Schwartz and Todd Haley.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Gruden will never coach again, he is the John Madden of this generation. You got a better chance of getting Cowher to cone out of retirement than Gruden.

My guess right now is they give Koetter another year.

At this point I really don't have a preference, top of my list would probably be guys like Jim Harbaugh, Jim Schwartz and Todd Haley.
    I thought about the Bucs giving Koetter another year. if they do however he needs to give up play calling duties and turn it over to Monken, and firing Smith. The problem is I don't see him doing either one.

Monken apparently is having ties to the Mississippi St job opening. Oh someones head is definitely rolling, whether its Monken (which IMO wouldn't be all that fair cause its been Koetter calling plays) or Smith (who definitely needs to be gone) or the entire staff.

I wouldn't be mad if we kept Koetter but we hired some great coordinators.

Well Fischer is out lol. The Gruden rumors are really ramping up

IMO unless Koetter gets some wins ASAP under his belt we'll move to Gruden. Although I've also heard he could be heading to Oakland though.

Gruden! Gruden! Gruden! Would also be okay with Patricia(NE) who has turned the defense completely around for NE.
    1. Gruden
    2. Patricia
    3. Schwartz

Gruden is not a real candidate. Let me know when people talk about actual football coaches who actually want to coach football for a living.

It's like Bucs fans think the guy is a unicorn or something. He can't build a team for crap, he was a good in game coached who put a championship caliber team over the top.

Let it go already guys, it makes our fan base look pathetic.

Gruden is not a real candidate. Let me know when people talk about actual football coaches who actually want to coach football for a living.

It's like Bucs fans think the guy is a unicorn or something. He can't build a team for crap, he was a good in game coached who put a championship caliber team over the top.

Oh I agree with you, the problem is you have local media bringing his name up. He's also been on record saying he wants to come back and coach again in Tampa preferably. I've never been one for nostalgia and I believe it never works (look no farther than Lovie).

Kwon is wearing Gruden cleats for the MNF game!

I agree he sucks in building a team but he does not have to with Licht and all of our considerable talent right now. We are a playoff team that should have made it last year and this year. He just needs to lead us past this hump like he did in 02.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    I agree he sucks in building a team but he does not have to with Licht and all of our considerable talent right now. We are a playoff team that should have made it last year and this year. He just needs to lead us past this hump like he did in 02.
    Tennessee Vol fans swore he'd be their next coach, was reportedly offered 10 million per year, had highest betting odds.

He's not the Vols coach, still in the booth.

I don't believe it at all. As I've said, please let me know when you guys want to talk about real football coaches who coach for a living.

Tennessee Vol fans swore he'd be their next coach, was reportedly offered 10 million per year, had highest betting odds.

He's not the Vols coach, still in the booth.

I don't believe it at all. As I've said, please let me know when you guys want to talk about real football coaches who coach for a living.
    Do you blame him for not taking that job lol. That's a nowhere job but ours isn't. Not saying he is or isn't coming here or that I want him because I don't. But I don't blame him for not taking that job

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    Do you blame him for not taking that job lol. That's a nowhere job but ours isn't. Not saying he is or isn't coming here or that I want him because I don't. But I don't blame him for not taking that job
    Completely missed the entire point. I showed one high profile, recent example. Dozens of other examples, every year his name comes up and they're all complete ********.

Jon Gruden is not a football coach, Jon Gruden is an entertainment personality and color commentator.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast