Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Week 13: Carolina Panthers (8-3) at New Orleans (8-3)

With the Saints having a game four days later in Atlanta (a game they likely can't win especially after facing the Panthers' defense), this is a major game.

The Panthers have gotten better in the passing game after trading Kelvin Benjamin. Looks like Olsen got re-injured of never fully healed. McCaffrey has finally found a role that fits and has played well. I am not sure about their line, but Cam Newton masks any problems they may have.

I think the Panthers have the advantage at RB, WR, D-line, LBs, and DBs. I think the Saints have the advantage at flex RB, O-line, and homefield. I think they are close at QB (Cam did win a MVP) and TE (with Olsen likely out). Panthers are likely better at special teams considering how bad the Saints' unit is.

If the pass defense doesn't improve (Lattimore and Crawley get healthy) there's one way we continue winning and remain a contender in my mind.

We have to go all out on Offense. It's simple if Payton wants to avoid screwing up a good season.

Kamara has to be on the field with Ingram 80% of the snaps TOGETHER Payton unleash Kamara AK47 has to be heavily used in the slot out the backfield all over all game, same with Ingram out the backfield with his routes. That's where we are at. Even get Tommy Lee back in there and in the slot. We need more speed on Offense more often and we need to work the underneath routes heavily HEAVILY!

We do this we crush the Panthers and likely win out on the year.

If Payton doesn't unleash the Offense I think AJ said it best we squeak into the playoffs at best at like 10-6 and promptly lose first game.

Play more Lewis Kamara and Ingram all at once all over and we will make some noise.

And this is what we have and don't even know it. Any pass routes TEs would be running give them to Coleman especially on the seams. Did we forget to train Coleman to run the routes that the Quiet Storm Colston ran. Payton needs to take a moment to adjust now that the Defense is a liability again and the offense is sluggish.

If we unleash the Offense and up the tempo early and often
    Saints 38 Panthers 20

If we don't Panthers 27 Saints 21

Paytons choice!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

It does come down to coaching. It took a half for them to realize Moore needed to play over Harris. Granted, Moore didn't set the world on fire, but he's better than Harris. Rams only had 3 FGs in the second half.

I'm not sure the Saints win no matter what the decision, but they played better with Moore over Harris. I think with Moore playing the whole game the Rams win 20-13 (no garbage time TD). Offense still has to improve.

Can we calling "giving up before you play" "start Harris"?

For instance, the Saints will go all out Sunday to win because they will start Harris in Atlanta next Thursday.

I agree I think Moore is better than Harris but I think for some reason they don't trust Moore as much as they should it could be an age thing. Wow Saints Ageism much lol. I thought Moore should have made the 53 man roster in the first place. He was solid last season.

Maybe they don't like Moores speed to play man to man.

On that note Vacarro is must be hurt because he is looking slow as ****. I'm really starting to hate his ***. I just have high expectations for him and he is letting me down. I miss Malcolm Jenkins more than ever right now.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Would anyone else support sitting Lattimore and Crawley against Carolina to make sure they can play next Thursday in Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:32011780
    Would anyone else support sitting Lattimore and Crawley against Carolina to make sure they can play next Thursday in Atlanta?
    I think the Breaux situation would make not playing them the wise decision but man the game starts and we're struggling and you look back at those two drinking Gatorade and you have to think ****!

I like to split the difference on most decisions which to me means play them sparingly maybe.

AJ this game is super important unfortunately. It would be like going all in play them for short term for a boom or bust return versus not playing them slowly investing for a long term reward that seems safe.

I think if I'm Payton I like I said tell the Offense you've got to carry us into the playoffs the defense got us here now it's your turn. And I also dress those guys and play them sparingly.

Carolina's WRs aren't all that and Newton is not an elite passer imo. I think defensively the most important thing is to limit the big pass plays and pressure contain Newton. So defensively its on the D line LBs and Safeties more than anything to me.

But again and I'm just saying this because this is how I FEEL the Jets lit the Panthers up cmon Saints the pass game has to be able to win this game for us AND its at home just go back to what we know for a few games and outscore the opponents til guys get healthy on D.

Truth be told if the Offense moved the ball better we would've beat the Rams the defense imo actually did enough for the Offense to win that game.

I mean Brees has carried this team a long time and he is a HOFer etc etc he is getting old etc etc but We gotta lean on him yet again.

If the run game explodes huge then all of this is null and void of course. I just don't think a decent and not stellar run attack is enough if the Defense is not as good as it was.

Air that thang out!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

Airing it out requires WRs that can get separation. A solid rush and man coverage killed the passing game. Hopefully Payton has a scheme ready.

Cam doesn't have an offensive mastermind like McVay calling plays (and audibles, which feels like cheating). I don't love Williams, and I don't even like Harris as a friend, but risking Lattimore should not be an option.

Lattimore, Marcus Williams, Fleener,and Armstead didn't practice.

Armstead is behind on missing games, so obviously he's out. I only ever expect him to play in 6 games

Williams hasn't been the new Sharper or Jenkins, but I thought he's been okay.

Let Lattimore miss as many games as he needs!

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:32012806
    Airing it out requires WRs that can get separation. A solid rush and man coverage killed the passing game. Hopefully Payton has a scheme ready.

Cam doesn't have an offensive mastermind like McVay calling plays (and audibles, which feels like cheating). I don't love Williams, and I don't even like Harris as a friend, but risking Lattimore should not be an option.
    Back shoulder passes was just as effective with Brees and the WRs as was passes to open WRs. Back Shoulder is open. I think the WRs and Brees just need to practice it so they think alike and know when to expect it.
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

CB Arthur Maulet will be activated from the practice squad.

It might be Crawley and Harris on Sunday. Looking doubtful on Lattimore and iffy on both Williams DBs.

I can hope Moore is used over Harris. Hell, I'd roll the dice with Maulet.

That is very unfortunate for the Saints defense to play any combo of Maulet or Harris.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Lattimore not officially ruled out. Crawley seems good to go. PJ Williams is questionable.

I'll take any combination of CBs that doesn't involve Harris. Though Patrick Robinson is playing well in Philly, and I was tough on the guy. What do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by iamaj:32015632
    Lattimore not officially ruled out. Crawley seems good to go. PJ Williams is questionable.

I'll take any combination of CBs that doesn't involve Harris. Though Patrick Robinson is playing well in Philly, and I was tough on the guy. What do I know?
    Remember when we discussed who left the Saints and did well I said no comment , they may not all be pro bowlers but yea a lot have started and been solid. Idk why. Anyway yea Crawley is a pleasant surprise!
    LET'S ROLL SAINTS!!!

That shows that the Saints drafted well enough, but had real problems with coaching.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast