Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 74
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Smart and our 1st isn't winning us a title. Tyreke and a 2nd might.
    Pretty close IMO. Best option is to keep Smart and get Tyreke.

    Next year Monroe's status must be understood before we go near Smart.
    They shouldn't impact each other at all. Monroe would have to come back on the MLE. We could still sign Smart with bird rights.

    Also any multi year deal for Smart assures next year is our last year w/ Rozy.
    We could just sign Smart with the intention of trading him...

    City of Champions

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Smart and our 1st isn't winning us a title. Tyreke and a 2nd might.

    Next year Monroe's status must be understood before we go near Smart.

    Also any multi year deal for Smart assures next year is our last year w/ Rozy.
    We could sign Smart to a 2 year deal and then trade him next year or next summer and resign Rozier.

    I see a couple of senarios where we resign Smart and keep Rozier beyond next year...but I get what your saying...we wont have them both long term.

    I am not sure I see Marcus Smart as an NBA starter...but I do see Rozier as a starter....we may be forced to trade Rozier to give him that opportunity.
    El Presidente

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    We could sign Smart to a 2 year deal and then trade him next year or next summer and resign Rozier.

    I see a couple of senarios where we resign Smart and keep Rozier beyond next year...but I get what your saying...we wont have them both long term.

    I am not sure I see Marcus Smart as an NBA starter...but I do see Rozier as a starter....we may be forced to trade Rozier to give him that opportunity.
    Rozier could start and put up good numbers on a bad team, but if Rozier is starting for you, your team probably isn't that good. I see Smart as kind of the same, defensively he's so good. So on a team flush with scoring - he could start.

    I think Smart has to be re-signed. He has trade value and on court value so to let that walk out the door for nothing is foolish. Being over the cap we have limited resources to bring talent in. Can't let assets just walk away. I hope the intent is to trade him once re-signed...But even if he stays, it's better than losing him for nothing.

    City of Champions

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    new hampshire
    Posts
    9,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Rozier could start and put up good numbers on a bad team, but if Rozier is starting for you, your team probably isn't that good. I see Smart as kind of the same, defensively he's so good. So on a team flush with scoring - he could start.

    I think Smart has to be re-signed. He has trade value and on court value so to let that walk out the door for nothing is foolish. Being over the cap we have limited resources to bring talent in. Can't let assets just walk away. I hope the intent is to trade him once re-signed...But even if he stays, it's better than losing him for nothing.
    they'll probably let another team make him an offer first.
    El Presidente

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    WOOSTA
    Posts
    4,575
    With 2018 being the year of Scary Terry, anyone have his stats since Jan 1st? Please share, does this mean we’ll let Smart walk?

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by CELTICS4LYFE View Post
    With 2018 being the year of Scary Terry, anyone have his stats since Jan 1st? Please share, does this mean we’ll let Smart walk?
    3 possible scenarios here.

    1. Keep Rozier and make him part of the long term plans and let Smart walk.

    2. Sell high on Rozier this offseason and bring Smart back

    3. Keep both, which likely means Rozier is a goner when his contract is up.

    I don't like option 3. Option 2 is probably the wisest move long term. I can live with option 1.

    City of Champions

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,511
    Rozier is the better offensive player, while Smart is the better defensive player...

    IMO, Terry can become a better defensive player before Smart becoming a better offensive player...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Rozier is the better offensive player, while Smart is the better defensive player...

    IMO, Terry can become a better defensive player before Smart becoming a better offensive player...
    Yes. Rozier has a much better 2 way upside. He'll also cost a lot more to retain and can fetch something in a trade. Rozier has all the ability to be a top tier defender, he just needs to play with more self control and consistency.

    City of Champions

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,672
    I'd rather keep Rozier than Smart. Rozier is a playmaker on offense and plays solid D. I'd like to see more future line ups consisting of rozier and Irving. Imagine going small sometimes next year with Irving, Rozier, Brown, Tatum, and Hayward? 5 great playmakers on the court at once....a wet dream that hopefully will be a reality

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Rozier is the better offensive player, while Smart is the better defensive player...

    IMO, Terry can become a better defensive player before Smart becoming a better offensive player...
    Smart is definitely the better defender, but Rozier really isnt too far behind. While Marcus smart was ranked 11th in defensive win shares per 48, Terry was ranked 22nd. Marcus Smart had 1.1 DBPM and Rozier had 1.0 DBPM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    Smart is definitely the better defender, but Rozier really isnt too far behind. While Marcus smart was ranked 11th in defensive win shares per 48, Terry was ranked 22nd. Marcus Smart had 1.1 DBPM and Rozier had 1.0 DBPM.
    Agreed, they're not far off. However, Smart has that "clutch" gene defensively. He generally shows up in the biggest moment when you absolutely need a stop, and does it consistently. He showed it time and time again during the season. The HOU win was the most memorable. Rozier has yet to flash that.

    City of Champions

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Agreed, they're not far off. However, Smart has that "clutch" gene defensively. He generally shows up in the biggest moment when you absolutely need a stop, and does it consistently. He showed it time and time again during the season. The HOU win was the most memorable. Rozier has yet to flash that.
    yet to flash clutch defense?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_3B5SbnHY

    Down by 1, with 8 seconds to go, Pacers have possession and just need to bleed out the clock. Rozier forced the turnover and scored for the win. Obviously marcus smart has been given WAY more opportunity late in games, but Rozier has only recently been trusted late in games and hes shown signs. Marcus is more versatile in the fact he can guard 3 positions very well, and he can guard 4's decently. Rozier is more just defening guards and small ball 3's on rare occasion.
    Last edited by BoSox47; 04-20-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    "Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling." - Bill Belichick

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    32,700
    I expect Smart to get MLE type offers which is about $8-10M. I'd match if just for the purposes of having a salary to match with in trades down the road.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,740
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox47 View Post
    yet to flash clutch defense?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI_3B5SbnHY

    Down by 1, with 8 seconds to go, Pacers have possession and just need to bleed out the clock. Rozier forced the turnover and scored for the win. Obviously marcus smart has been given WAY more opportunity late in games, but Rozier has only recently been trusted late in games and hes shown signs. Marcus is more versatile in the fact he can guard 3 positions very well, and he can guard 4's decently. Rozier is more just defening guards and small ball 3's on rare occasion.
    AH I didn't know you could measure consistency with one game. Thank you

    City of Champions

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,511
    https://twitter.com/BlazersBySagar/s...34380070678528

    If Smart signs an extension, that's good for the C's... If Smart signs for a S&T deal, that's also good for the C's...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

    Reggie Lewis



    GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •