Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this SNF matchup?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Bay Packers

0 0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

2 100.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And judging anything by the ideas of reddit or forum users is ridiculous. I bet 75% or more of those same folks wanted Adams cut so we could keep Abby and Janis.

Those same people constantly criticized bahktiari his first couple seasons and wanted to replace him. Said heíd never amount to even an above average starter, and he was 2nd team all pro last year.
    You have to hold everyone accountable. Don't settle for mediocrity!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    They only got like 20 some yards didn't they? That's going down the field?
    thought it was like 40 yards on 2 plays? lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    thought it was like 40 yards on 2 plays? lol
    35, I checked. I thought it was 20 something.. That Brown catch was longer than I realized.

I fully expected it to happen regardless.

Iím not convinced we win out, but 10 wins might do it. The nfc south had 3 teams in the playoffs as of right now, but they play each other a bunch yet. Atlanta has a gimme against Tampa, but their other 4 games are two vs New Orleans, one vs Minnesota and one vs Carolina. Likewise, the panthers have the same schedule, except they only have 1 game vs New Orleans and play us as well.

Thereís going to be a lot of internal fighting in the nfc south. It might be tough to get 3 10 win teams out of there (and if we win our, which is required for this scenario, that puts Carolina at another loss and gives us the tiebreaker.)
    Wherever you got your unicorns from please do share. It's time to fold up shop as far as Rodgers goes and move on. The Browns are going to be a tough out with Gordon integrated. Scam Newton is rolling. The Vikings are a tough out even with Rodgers this year. 6-10 or 7-9 likely is in the cards and hopefully worse for draft position. Then we can take another DL that'll bust out and fulfill status quo on Lombardi Ave.

I want that SB win in US Bank Stadium more than anyone being I live in MN, but it's dead save for lightning striking multiple times.
    Last edited by Superfly; 11-27-2017 at 02:04 AM.

i have been thinking about this game for hours. i keep asking the same question. what happened this tonight? was McCarthy embarrassed last week so much so he remembered how to coach and motivate? are the Steelers playing up and down to their opponent? one thing i can conclude is it's not wrong to expect game play like this every week despite the defeat. coach like this and no one questions your ability Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Wherever you got your unicorns from please do share. It's time to fold up shop as far as Rodgers goes and move on. The Browns are going to be a tough out with Gordon integrated. Scam Newton is rolling. The Vikings are a tough out even with Rodgers this year. 6-10 or 7-9 likely is in the cards and hopefully worse for draft position. Then we can take another DL that'll bust out and fulfill status quo on Lombardi Ave.

I want that SB win in US Bank Stadium more than anyone being I live in MN, but it's dead save for lightning striking multiple times.
    I mean, itís all predicated on Rodgers being able to return for the Carolina game. Iím not sure we beat Tampa and Cleveland for sure, because weíve shown that we can play okay without Rodgers but weíve also shown we can be pretty awful.

That being said, if we win the next two games and Rodgers can return against Carolina, is it really that unrealistic to think we can win out? Itís far from a guarantee. Even with Rodgers Carolina, Minnesota and Detroit arenít easy games. And thatís assuming Rodgers isnít rusty at all. But it also not like it would be a major shock to see us win those 3 either.

Iím not saying itís liekly we make the playoffs, but i think thereís still a chance. The team showed a little life today and should be able to best Tampa and Cleveland if we play this well again.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    i have been thinking about this game for hours. i keep asking the same question. what happened this tonight? was McCarthy embarrassed last week so much so he remembered how to coach and motivate? are the Steelers playing up and down to their opponent? one thing i can conclude is it's not wrong to expect game play like this every week despite the defeat. coach like this and no one questions your ability Mike.
    To be fair, a big part of it was Hundley playing the best game heís played. The play calling was pretty good and they timed some things well. The scream and shot to Adams were both perfect calls in perfect situations. But Hundley played fairly well. He still missed a few more throws than youíd like, and heís still a split second late on some throws, but he made throws, made reads and stepped up in the pocket much better than he had previously.

Itís a lot easier to game plan when you have a qb who looks at least semi competent. Against Baltimore, he looked awful and our line was awful. This week was different. Some of that is a credit to coaching, but some of that is just guys making plays when given the chance.

And hat applies to the defense as well. Our defense still played poorly as a whole, but they did make a few plays. And thatís what has always been our saving grace on defense. Every offense is going to make a few mistakes. We need to capitalize on those mistakes and force big plays. We did that a few times tonight.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-27-2017 at 11:00 AM.

With Rodgers not playing Jordy is pretty much non existent. Makes me wonder if he's done. I feel like Rodgers is allowing Jordy to continue being on this roster since he can get him the ball even if he's covered. Cobb gets open now and then but he's not what he once was either. Adams is the only dude who can ball out.

Im over MM, TT and DC at this point. I would like to see some change for once even if its not all in one off season. I really hope TT retires cause he's the biggest piece of the puzzle out of the three imo.

Just tired of watching a mediocre team that can't do crap without Rodgers under center.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    With Rodgers not playing Jordy is pretty much non existent. Makes me wonder if he's done. I feel like Rodgers is allowing Jordy to continue being on this roster since he can get him the ball even if he's covered. Cobb gets open now and then but he's not what he once was either. Adams is the only dude who can ball out.

Im over MM, TT and DC at this point. I would like to see some change for once even if its not all in one off season. I really hope TT retires cause he's the biggest piece of the puzzle out of the three imo.

Just tired of watching a mediocre team that can't do crap without Rodgers under center.
    You'd keep Capers over TT? EWW

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You'd keep Capers over TT? EWW
    No i want him gone too. But i feel like once TT is gone the other two won't be too far behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post

I agree to an extent on Jordy. He just doesnít get much separation anymore in my opinion. Heís still effective with Rodgers because they are so in sync and Rodgers can throw him open. Heís also very good at finding those empty spots in the end zone on scramble drills. Not willing to say heís done, but probably not worth what heís making.

As for the rest, Iíll get to them in a bit, but will sidetrack a bit first. I donít know why people expect us to be good without Rodgers. Heís the best player in the league. We are goin to struggle without him. And sure, the pats were decent without Brady last year. But they also had jimmy g and brisset. Those guys were 2nd and 3rd round picks. Do you guys really want us to be spending those types of picks on qbs? In new Englandís case it worked, because both got some action and shaped Up to be good qbs. If they stunk or if Brady was never out, itís entirely possible those would have been completely lost picks.

We should have invested better in our backup qb. But Iím okay with this team being built almost completely around Rodgers. Heís the best player in the league and it would be foolish not to build around him. I get that our roster may not be as good as we thought. But Rodgers being crucial to success shouldnít be a shock. Iíd rather focus spending on other resources to make the team around Rodgers good, not focus on building a team thatís good without Rodgers.

As for MM, DC and TT. I think dom needs to be gone. If even if you think players on defense are as much of a problem as acheme (which I sort of do), itís a results driven league. Dom hasnít gotten great results in a long time. Itís time for him to go.

As for ted, I think heís a done a really good job of roster building. He took an aging roster without much talent, flipped it into a high end roster really quickly and weíve been competitive basically ever since. He does a great job of not saddling the team to bad deals, while constantly picking late in the draft. That being said, this far heís shown to be unwilling to make a big move. I donít think we are in win immediately mode yet. This isnít quite Broncos with Peyton territory. But we probably should be considering more win now moves. Be willing to move up in the draft for an impact giy or bring in an impact free agent. Ted hasnít done that yet. Iím not sure ted deserves to be fired, but I wouldnít hate it if he retired.

And finally, Iím an McCarthy fan. I think heís a good coach with a very good offensive mind. I donít think he should be fired. Keeping dom around this long is mostly on mike, but I think Ted could have been more forceful on replacing him as well. And sure, Iíd like to see a little more variety and new blood on the offensive staff. But as a whole, Mikeís been a very good coach. That being said, GM is a higher position than head coach. If we bring in a new GM, and that guy wants to move on from mike, then Iíd back that move. I would hope a new GM would recognize that mikes a good coach and would like to keep him, but would understand if he didnít.

I agree to an extent on Jordy. He just doesnít get much separation anymore in my opinion. Heís still effective with Rodgers because they are so in sync and Rodgers can throw him open. Heís also very good at finding those empty spots in the end zone on scramble drills. Not willing to say heís done, but probably not worth what heís making.

As for the rest, Iíll get to them in a bit, but will sidetrack a bit first. I donít know why people expect us to be good without Rodgers. Heís the best player in the league. We are goin to struggle without him. And sure, the pats were decent without Brady last year. But they also had jimmy g and brisset. Those guys were 2nd and 3rd round picks. Do you guys really want us to be spending those types of picks on qbs? In new Englandís case it worked, because both got some action and shaped Up to be good qbs. If they stunk or if Brady was never out, itís entirely possible those would have been completely lost picks.

We should have invested better in our backup qb. But Iím okay with this team being built almost completely around Rodgers. Heís the best player in the league and it would be foolish not to build around him. I get that our roster may not be as good as we thought. But Rodgers being crucial to success shouldnít be a shock. Iíd rather focus spending on other resources to make the team around Rodgers good, not focus on building a team thatís good without Rodgers.

As for MM, DC and TT. I think dom needs to be gone. If even if you think players on defense are as much of a problem as acheme (which I sort of do), itís a results driven league. Dom hasnít gotten great results in a long time. Itís time for him to go.

As for ted, I think heís a done a really good job of roster building. He took an aging roster without much talent, flipped it into a high end roster really quickly and weíve been competitive basically ever since. He does a great job of not saddling the team to bad deals, while constantly picking late in the draft. That being said, this far heís shown to be unwilling to make a big move. I donít think we are in win immediately mode yet. This isnít quite Broncos with Peyton territory. But we probably should be considering more win now moves. Be willing to move up in the draft for an impact giy or bring in an impact free agent. Ted hasnít done that yet. Iím not sure ted deserves to be fired, but I wouldnít hate it if he retired.

And finally, Iím an McCarthy fan. I think heís a good coach with a very good offensive mind. I donít think he should be fired. Keeping dom around this long is mostly on mike, but I think Ted could have been more forceful on replacing him as well. And sure, Iíd like to see a little more variety and new blood on the offensive staff. But as a whole, Mikeís been a very good coach. That being said, GM is a higher position than head coach. If we bring in a new GM, and that guy wants to move on from mike, then Iíd back that move. I would hope a new GM would recognize that mikes a good coach and would like to keep him, but would understand if he didnít.
    I think Jordy is serviceable but he's not a number 1 wr anymore, maybe fringe #2 at best. I don't mind if he stays on the team because i do like him but he's not worth what he's getting paid anymore.

I knew there would be a drop off once Rodgers went down but this team flat out sucks. Vikings are a top 3 team with Case Keenum under center. Our roster is mediocre and that falls on TT. He's living off Rodgers. He's had some good picks but build a team from top to bottom i'd say he's done just an ok job.

I like Mike McCarthy but he's been here for so damn long i am just ready for a new voice. Keeping everything the same for so long just gets stale.

I hate the keenum argument and Iíve seen it a bunch. Keenum is playing like a very good qb at the moment. Itís not like heís game managing wins. Heís legit getting wins and playing like an above average qb at the moment. Plus, the vikes have like 2 good wins this year. Iíd like to see them play Atlanta and Carolina the next two games and see how they do in the playoffs.

If anything, the jags and bortles arguement is better. Heís game managing wins that most starters could win.

And should New England get rid of belicheck? Heís been there a long time too. Is he stale? I think the stale argument is the argument people like making cuz itís a convenient excuse. Did that team that played last night look stale? It didnít to me.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-27-2017 at 08:44 PM.

I hate the keenum argument and Iíve seen it a bunch. Keenum is playing like a very good qb at the moment. Itís not like heís game managing wins. Heís legit getting wins and playing like an above average qb at the moment. Plus, the vikes have like 2 good wins this year. Iíd like to see them play Atlanta and Carolina the next two games and see how they do in the playoffs.

If anything, the jags and bortles arguement is better. Heís game managing wins that most starters could win.

And should New England get rid of belicheck? Heís been there a long time too. Is he stale? I think the stale argument is the argument people like making cuz itís a convenient excuse. Did that team that played last night look stale? It didnít to me.
    a drop off is expected and fine.... you shouldnt go from a superbowl contender to the worst team in the NFL if you have a good or elite team like people try to argue... This team is and always has been flawed and heavily relies on Rodgers... Its not just Keenum... What is the steelers record over the years without Ben? The vikings with keenum/Pats without brady... Hell the Dolphins have 4 wins without Tanny... No team suffers like we do when their QB goes down outside of Maybe Oakland with carr and that is because of how bad this team is and how much Rodgers covers up for said team... Mccarthy makes dumb decisions like all coaches but he is Meh to me.. Stay or go its whatever... TT and Dom need to go.. TT has not done a good job... He found Rodgers fine... He has sucked with other first round picks and all his other hits are because of rodgers on offense... Finley/Jones/Jennings/Lacy etc etc etc all when they leave here revert to badness. Its not hard to play for Rodgers... Id love to see a Nelson or Cobb go to another team outside of brady/brees and watch how they would fall off a cliff.

Hell the horrid cards are winning with staton and blaine fricking gabbert.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-27-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    a drop off is expected and fine.... you shouldnt go from a superbowl contender to the worst team in the NFL if you have a good or elite team like people try to argue... This team is and always has been flawed and heavily relies on Rodgers... Its not just Keenum... What is the steelers record over the years without Ben? The vikings with keenum/Pats without brady... Hell the Dolphins have 4 wins without Tanny... No team suffers like we do when their QB goes down outside of Maybe Oakland with carr and that is because of how bad this team is and how much Rodgers covers up for said team... Mccarthy makes dumb decisions like all coaches but he is Meh to me.. Stay or go its whatever... TT and Dom need to go.. TT has not done a good job... He found Rodgers fine... He has sucked with other first round picks and all his other hits are because of rodgers on offense... Finley/Jones/Jennings/Lacy etc etc etc all when they leave here revert to badness. Its not hard to play for Rodgers... Id love to see a Nelson or Cobb go to another team outside of brady/brees and watch how they would fall off a cliff.

Hell the horrid cards are winning with staton and blaine fricking gabbert.
    Lol. Lately the Cardinals have beaten the 9ers in OT. Lost by 27 to Philly. Beat the awesome bucs by 5. Lost 33-0 to the Rams. Beat the 9ers again. Lost to Seattle and the Texans (who you said before the year was the worst team in football) and then some how beat the Jags.

Jesus. I wish we could do that. Then we'd be awesome!!!

Stop throwing this trash into all these posts.
    Last edited by Norm; 11-27-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast