Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    He's interesting. Do you think we would actually get a new coaching staff? Other than last year, we talk about a coaching change every year and Jerry ends up sticking with Garrett. I think Jerry really likes Garrett and it would take some really abysmal seasons for him to get rid of him.
    I do think the staff is gone regardless of what Jerry does with Garrett. I donít see DeFilippo leaving the Eagles unless it was for a HC job. Not sure what his contract looks like but I donít see why the Eagles would allow him to leave (especially to Dallas) unless it was as a HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I do think the staff is gone regardless of what Jerry does with Garrett. I donít see DeFilippo leaving the Eagles unless it was for a HC job. Not sure what his contract looks like but I donít see why the Eagles would allow him to leave (especially to Dallas) unless it was as a HC.
    It seems like Garrett does enough to keep from getting fired every year. I think he's alright---towards the middle of the pack. But, we need an elite coaching staff and preferably someone with an eagle eye for spotting talent. I do think some of these winning coaches benefit from a talented roster. If you watch Red interact with Jones, it's almost like a beloved son with his father situation--Red just knows how to talk to Jerry without ruffling his ego. Since we're most likely not going to have a head coach change, what moves realistically do you think we can make to get back on track? I think getting this line back on track, getting Zeke back, getting a speedy wide receiver and possibly getting a more elite receiver than Bryant will help. We need to get some more stud linebackers to pair with Lee in case he goes down....and invest in some near elite corners. Let's say our young corners somehow play better, I'd still want them there for depth. They'd have to play out of their minds to improve from the level we're seeing.

1) Hire Jim Harbaugh. Unlikely because of Jerry, but I'll pretend Harbaugh becomes the next head coach.

Offense:
    2) Allow Harbaugh to pick his own staff and develop Dak.
    3) Move La'el Collins back at LG. Look for a RT through the draft or sign/trade for a proven veteran to play for 1-3 years.
    4) Find a #1 WR. Dez still has gas in the tank, but looks like he needs a change of scenery (or perhaps Dez gets a fresh start with Harbaugh as the HC?)
    5) Need a backup RB with speed.
    6) Need a young backup TE to learn from Witten. Rico Gathers is unproven will have to wait-and-see during the off-season to see how well he develops.

Defense:
    7) Franchise tag DeMarcus Lawrence (if possible, depends on the cap number)
    8) Need to add speed at the front-7 and secondary.
    9) Stop relying Sean Lee to be healthy. Must add depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Bryant View Post
    1) Hire Jim Harbaugh. Unlikely because of Jerry, but I'll pretend Harbaugh becomes the next head coach.

Offense:
    2) Allow Harbaugh to pick his own staff and develop Dak.
    3) Move La'el Collins back at LG. Look for a RT through the draft or sign/trade for a proven veteran to play for 1-3 years.
    4) Find a #1 WR. Dez still has gas in the tank, but looks like he needs a change of scenery (or perhaps Dez gets a fresh start with Harbaugh as the HC?)
    5) Need a backup RB with speed.
    6) Need a young backup TE to learn from Witten. Rico Gathers is unproven will have to wait-and-see during the off-season to see how well he develops.

Defense:
    7) Franchise tag DeMarcus Lawrence (if possible, depends on the cap number)
    8) Need to add speed at the front-7 and secondary.
    9) Stop relying Sean Lee to be healthy. Must add depth.
    1) canít agree more

2) also agree

3) Agree about Collins and I agree about a RT. I would keep an eye on what happens with Joe Thomas. He has a pretty big cap hit this year
    I believe so thereís a chance they might cut him.

4) Sammy Watkins

5) agree

6) agree

7) yes it is possible and I agree again

8) 8 and 9 kind of go together in my opinion. They need a run stopping hoss in the middle of that DL. I would be looking for the best LBís at the top end of the draft.

1) canít agree more

2) also agree

3) Agree about Collins and I agree about a RT. I would keep an eye on what happens with Joe Thomas. He has a pretty big cap hit this year
    I believe so thereís a chance they might cut him.

4) Sammy Watkins

5) agree

6) agree

7) yes it is possible and I agree again

8) 8 and 9 kind of go together in my opinion. They need a run stopping hoss in the middle of that DL. I would be looking for the best LBís at the top end of the draft.
    Exactly. I feel like there's a good chance Garrett gets another year though.

Crazy to think Sammy Watkins is only 24-years-old. Also, seems like Dak needs a Golden Tate or Doug Baldwin type of WR. Someone that is tough and can move the chains. Don't need a flashy WR.

Yes, I wouldn't mind a LB at the top end of the draft.

Well good drive that ended in a dud. 3 drops by the WRís.

I really want Roquan Smith in the draft but if WR Calvin Ridley is there he might HAVE to be the pick.

Things are so bad nobody even cared to make a game thread this week lol Dez with 2 easy catch drops 1 would have been for 6. Then Beasley drops next throw then Bailey misses 53 yarder. At this point I just want better draft position. Giants are missing everyone and looking like a team who has way more than 2 wins lol

Quote Originally Posted by NFLNBA View Post
    Things are so bad nobody even cared to make a game thread this week lol Dez with 2 easy catch drops 1 would have been for 6. Then Beasley drops next throw then Bailey misses 53 yarder. At this point I just want better draft position. Giants are missing everyone and looking like a team who has way more than 2 wins lol
    Is it next week that Zeke comes back or the week after? Those will be two definite wins. This team is heading right for 8-8 and a pick between 16-19.

Is it next week that Zeke comes back or the week after? Those will be two definite wins. This team is heading right for 8-8 and a pick between 16-19.
    Zeke, will miss one more game (will play against the Seahawks).

So the Falcons losing their last 2 games is our only hope?

So the Falcons losing their last 2 games is our only hope?
    I think if the saints or panthers lose their last 2 were good too. Detroit also has to lose one of their final two games.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I think if the saints or panthers lose their last 2 were good too. Detroit also has to lose one of their final two games.
    What happens if both the Panthers and Cowboys are 10-6? It looks very dicey for the Cowboys. I wish they had either won the Rams game or Chargers.

What happens if both the Panthers and Cowboys are 10-6? It looks very dicey for the Cowboys. I wish they had either won the Rams game or Chargers.
    The Cowboys win the tiebreak against the panthers but lose the tie break against the Falcons.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    The Cowboys win the tiebreak against the panthers but lose the tie break against the Falcons.
    The problem is the Panthers have been playing very well...and I don't have much faith the Bucaneers can beat the Falcons. This is looking very precarious. Some upsets have to happen.

Cut Brown !!!!! Cut Brown !!!!! Cut Brown !!!!!
    #BringBackMatty

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast