Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Take best available player, with added weight on offense and defense line. Win the trenches. Iíd personally like to see more cooper rush in preseason. Biggest thing we need is depth. Canít have entire team apnea absolutly horrible cause we lose Tyron for a few games or lee for a few games. Need better backups.
    Yeah depth would be good, though I think pretty much anyone would play better than Chaz Green did against the Falcons lol. So that won't be hard to improve on! I agree on focusing on the defensive line though, I would be ecstatic if we drafted Vea.

Cooper Rush over Dak Prescott

Cooper Rush is the better QB and should start over Dak Presscot.
    Rush has the higher ceiling of the 2 and could lead us to a deep playoff run.
    Presscot has problems with accuracy, cannot read a defense, sloppy footwork/mechanics. Presscot at best is game manager bus driver type QB but he has to many problems and will never be elite. He has proven to not be an effective NFL QB frequently missing open easy throws and failing on 3rd down.

From Rush's Draft Profile:
    Strengths Started all but three games during career and was team captain his junior and senior seasons. Defined by cerebral approach. Has bachelor of science degree in actuarial science off-the-field and masters in full-field reads on the field. Juggernaut in film room. Hits the field with well-conceived plans of attack based on his studies. Makes all the pre-snap decisions rather than looking to sideline. Quick processor able to scan and decide rapidly. Interceptions rarely the result of poor decisions. Overcomes arm deficiencies with outstanding timing and accuracy. Anticipatory thrower with feel for developing windows. Able to lead receivers on crossing routes and long balls and can throw receivers open underneath. Very good natural accuracy. Completion percentage penalized by excessive drop totals. Good pocket poise. Climbs pocket with eyes downfield when heat comes around the corners and can slide left or right before delivering accurate strikes. Has history from under center in play-action, pro-style attack and works all three levels of the field. Dump-downs are only a final option.

Bottom Line His body type and lack of functional arm strength will immediately make him a draft reject on some team's boards, but that could be a mistake. Processes as quickly as any quarterback I've studied over the last five years and has the anticipation and accuracy to counter his lack of velocity. Mental makeup and consistency of production make him a legitimate NFL roster candidate.
    From Presscots Draft profile
    Weaknesses Beat up this year thanks to poor protection. When he wasn't being sacked, he was being hit hard. Not as competitive a rusher in 2015. Sacks and usage in run game might be taking a toll. Increase in short pass attempts from 86 to 208 this year reason for higher completion numbers. Accuracy on intermediate and deep throws dropped sharply. Pocket poise has been compromised. Hyper* aware of pressure around him and lacks awareness to slide and find temporary shelter to make throw. Concern over pressure too often trumps ability to get through progressions. Must speed up the pace of his reads. Footwork is a mess. Slight stride onto stiff upper leg with little weight shift. Restricted follow through and too often tries to muscle throws with upper body. Throws to target rather than leading or throwing them open on short/intermediate throws. Too respectful of underneath coverage and must be more willing to challenge the defense. Needs to improve anticipation.
    We should give Rush a shot at the starting job, Prescott should be traded for picks. I do not think he will improve over last year.
    Last edited by cowboyz4life; 07-12-2018 at 11:25 PM.

This is interesting to say the least. I was on the boat that Romo should have came back from his injury and been given his starting job back. I can agree that Dak is going to be a QB of a system right now. He might improve as he grows over the years, Rush has a stronger arm. I'd need to see him in a couple of games before I would be pushing for him to be the starter. Right now Rush needs to hold off White to be the backup.

I think there is something going on in the front-office. There is no way Jerry and Garret don't see Dak's regression.

Also I dont buy the "Dak-friendly offense" Especially since they offered so much for Sammy Watkins in free agency. Also Garretts own process of re-creating the 90's Superbowl offense. Dallas has always went with a true #1 WR, I think Jerry has always prized this position. From Irvin, Galloway, Keyshawn, Owens, Roy Williams, to Dez. Look how much he overpayed for Galloway and Roy Williams. Cutting Dez was a mistake, Romo to Dez was a night and day difference from Dak to Dez. Watching Dak force feed Dez with inaccurate throw after throw last season really shows Daks poor decision making and innacuracy.

Without a #1, and without Witten I think we will see a lot of 8-men and boxes and defenses playing to stop the run, and Dak will not be able to make the necessary throws . A WR by committee approach will not work without an elite WR that can generate double teams or safety coverage, someone who can make the defense pay.

Luckily we have a good Oline, and a good RB in Elliot and I think our defense will be improved. Rush puts us in a better position because his improved throwing ability and ability to read NFL defenses.

Back to the front office, I think Stephen made the decision as more of a financial decision backed by Garrett. I think Jerry knew Dez's value to the team, and there will be pressure on Garrett, and more direct decision making by Jerry. Especially if Dak struggles andstarts throwing interceptions which is the only think he has done well. This will open up a starting position for Rush, and also puts us in a better position to win.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyz4life View Post
    Cooper Rush is the better QB and should start over Dak Presscot.
    Rush has the higher ceiling of the 2 and could lead us to a deep playoff run.
    Presscot has problems with accuracy, cannot read a defense, sloppy footwork/mechanics. Presscot at best is game manager bus driver type QB but he has to many problems and will never be elite. He has proven to not be an effective NFL QB frequently missing open easy throws and failing on 3rd down.

From Rush's Draft Profile:

From Presscots Draft profile

We should give Rush a shot at the starting job, Prescott should be traded for picks. I do not think he will improve over last year.
    We all have our misses

Jones and Garrett. We wonít win another SB, let alone make it to the SB again, as long as those two are around.

Damn, no game thread for today. While we look to be 3-0 after today we do have a very concerning trend. We cant get ANY pressure on QBs. 1 sack through 2 and half games is a big problem. That will be reason we struggle and lose to teams with good QBs. Paid Lawerence and he has been a no show lol. Dak having a bad game. Had 30 seconds and forced a bad throw which was picked. Zeke needs to focus point again. You can see we are getting pass happy with Daks hot start.
    Last edited by NFLNBA; 09-22-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Cowboys should have beat Miami by more than what they did and the fact the score was low for quite some time had me worried, not because I thought we would lose, but, if youíre playing a team like Miami and you can annihilate them, thereís definitely a problem. Oh well, got the W, but, if we want to make any dents in the playoffs, we have to do better. We are lucky enough to have a fairly easy schedule, but, the playoffs will kill us....

After the Dolphins gave up 102 points through the first two games, I was looking forward to the Cowboys passing attack putting up 50 points on this team. But, I guess it was back to earth. The Cowboys were missing Gallup, who was playing like a #1. The Cowboys will be facing the Saints, Packers, Patriots, Bears and Rams so there will be a step up in competition. Opposing coaches didn't have tape on Kellem Moore so as they figure out his plays, he'll have to adjust. I still think the team needs to be a formidable passing attack in the playoffs to really go far. Just the pound the ball and play good defense hasn't worked the last two playoff years, when the other team starts to put up a lot of points.

DLawrence and Quinn need to step up. They were hyped as the strength of the team before the season. It seems like the rest of the defense is making up for a lack of pass rush.

Even without Brees, the Saints were still able to beat the Seahawks, so they will be a step up in competition next week.

The Cowboys LBís and DL are playing very undisciplined football. The LBís obviously have elite talent but they are playing with poor technique and not controlling the gaps. The DEís and OLB are also not keeping containment on the edge. I canít remember how many times I was screaming at my tv that they are letting the RB get past them. They were rushing upfield and not even paying attention to the RB as he was running right by them. So they have to fix that. If they can fix that their run defense will be much improved.

As for the DL, theyíve just been getting their *** kicked. Theyíre just not good enough up the middle. Collins is good at rushing up the middle but has been bad at playing the run. The other DTís are just not good enough. Having Woods back will help some but donít forget he was on the team when the Rams ran it down their throat in the playoffs. There is not much they can do here until the off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like whenever the front four gets pushed around, especially in the middle, the linebackers panic and start playing like infantrymen who do not hold the line. They make it a lot worse by not staying in position. They rely on athleticism and being able to move sideline to sideline, but when the script is flipped and a big hole is opened up front, then they over react, trying to make plays, but then leave even bigger holes. Part of that is a breakdown in coaching, but I always felt since last year that they need a some strong d linemen in the middle. The problem is more up the middle. Teams have had the most success running up the gut. The secondary's pretty solid, but when the run game is compromised, everything else falls. That and we need a new kicker. That high school girl seemed to kick the ball more straight down the middle than I've seen Maher do.

Let Jones walk. Now that they signed Zeke, somebody else isnt getting paid. Have to fix the defensive front with any spare money we have.

In the draft I wanted Albert O but that may not be the correct route with this team. AJ Epenesa DE/Iowa is big and should at least be serviceable in the run and pass opposite Lawrence (who hasnt shown up this year but wants to talk about getting swagger back) or Derrick Brown DT/Auburn who likely isnt going to be there when we draft. I know a lot of people like Wilson but hes a rookie and a 6th round pick. If we address DL in FA but properly this time we could go safety to replace Heath. Honestly something we should have done in this years draft when all the safeties fell to us in the late 2nd.

But first of all fire coach clap. Moore is the likely front runner now that Payton re-upped with the Saints. Sure it would suck to lose Richard but I mean hes not the only DC in the league. Its not like he coached up a bunch of undrafted free agents for our defense.

I'd also try to trade Zeke. Listen. This isnt a RB league people. If you have to use a bunch of metrics to defend paying and keeping Zeke, you probably dont know what the hell you are looking at which is why you need all these tools to understand what you are watching.

The NFC East is just atrocious right now.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel View Post
    The NFC East is just atrocious right now.

we lead the way in atrocious too.

we need a real GM to make decisions. Jones fired Landry as his first action as owner and fired Jimmy. But has let coach clap have the job for a decade. Jones doesnt care about winning, Jones is Al Davis and its his way or no way and hes content dying without seeing his franchise winning another superbowl unless its done his way. Its not about the team, the players or the fans. its about him being the smartest guy in the room even when hes not and because hes the owner he never has to say hes not.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast