Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm pretty sure people in here were all extremely happy with the Bobby Pick. 2013 and 2014 were awful. As for 2016, go through that draft post Denzel and tell me who is lighting it up? Lavert? No one in here wanted Lavert so let's not act like he was on anyone's radar. Brogdon? Yeah don't even lie and say you would have been happy about that pick where we got Denzel at the time. Luwawu? Some of us liked him but wanted us to trade back for him.

    The NBA draft is absolutely a crap shoot. Why do you think it is 2 rounds and hardly anyone sticks each year.
    +1

    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I'm sorry but it's their JOB to hit on draft picks. And in the last 5 years, I'd disagree, a lot of teams have drafted better than the Bulls, probably most teams in the league.

    2016 - Denzel Valentine, Paul Zipser
    2015 - Bobby Portis
    2014 - Doug McDermott, Cameron Bairstow
    2013 - Tony Snell, Eric Murphy
    2012 - Marquis Teague

    What's ****ing hilarious about 2014 is we give up 2 first round picks for Doug McDermott, trade him for 2 ****ing scrubs from OKC, then flip our best player for Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn when Zach Lavine got drafted 2 picks after Doug. I ****ing hate this front office so much.

    The problem is, this FO has failed from 12-15. 16, jury is still out on Denzel (I'm still not high on him after a handful of good games), and Zipser doesn't belong on an NBA roster but you can't fail that many years and expect the fans to "trust the process".

    And on a side note, I don't think the front office was sold on Jimmy Butler, even with all of his accomplishments.
    Yes it is their job to hit on draft picks. I'm not saying I want them to have extensions. But you're making it seem like every player in this league regardless of draft position is a shoe-in to be a rotation player. That's not true at all. Most players outside the top-10 end up being nothing. If the Bulls were picking in the top-10 5 straight years and nothing to say for it, it would be a far more serious problem than them not hitting on middle round picks.

    Go compare the other 29 teams' draft histories on selections taken out of the top-10. Even over the last 5 years. I guarantee you there isn't a plethora of teams that are significantly better than the Bulls, not because the Bulls are good but because drafting is incredibly hard.



  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    +1


    Yes it is their job to hit on draft picks. I'm not saying I want them to have extensions. But you're making it seem like every player in this league regardless of draft position is a shoe-in to be a rotation player. That's not true at all. Most players outside the top-10 end up being nothing. If the Bulls were picking in the top-10 5 straight years and nothing to say for it, it would be a far more serious problem than them not hitting on middle round picks.

    Go compare the other 29 teams' draft histories on selections taken out of the top-10. Even over the last 5 years. I guarantee you there isn't a plethora of teams that are significantly better than the Bulls, not because the Bulls are good but because drafting is incredibly hard.
    So you're saying that they are a plethora of teams that has drafted worse than the Bulls in the last 5 years? I completely disagree. We're definitely in the bottom half of the league in terms of drafting... especially in the last 5 years. (Outside of top 10 picks)
    Last edited by effen5; 11-27-2017 at 07:10 PM.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    So you're saying that they are a plethora of teams that has drafted worse than the Bulls in the last 5 years? I completely disagree. We're definitely in the bottom half of the league in terms of drafting... especially in the last 5 years. (Outside of top 10 picks)
    Thats not what i said, and when you consider where we gave been drafting im still not sure you're correct



  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,169
    Rose/Noah/Deng/Kirk/Butler/Taj/Lauri were all solid picks.

    Snell/Niko/Portis were decent for where we got them.

    Teague/McDermott were awful picks.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,169
    Valentine is still up in the air because he's actually doing just as good as most guys in that draft area

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Rose/Noah/Deng/Kirk/Butler/Taj/Lauri were all solid picks.

    Snell/Niko/Portis were decent for where we got them.

    Teague/McDermott were awful picks.
    I agree for the most part. Teague was only an awful pick because of who we missed on (Draymond Green). Most 29th overall picks are out of the league after their rookie contract:

    2015 Chris McCullough Syracuse University
    2014 Josh Huestis, Stanford
    2013 Archie Goodwin Kentucky Oklahoma
    2012 Marquis Teague Kentucky Chicago
    2011 Cory Joseph Texas San Antonio
    2010 Daniel Orton Kentucky Orlando
    2009 Toney Douglas Florida State New York
    2008 DJ White Indiana Detroit
    2007 Alando Tucker Wisconsin Phoenix
    2006 Mardy Collins Temple New York
    2005 Wayne Simien Kansas Sr. Miami
    2004 Minnesota's forfeited their first-rounder
    2003 Josh Howard Wake Forest Sr. Dallas
    2002 Dan Dickau Gonzaga Sr. Sacramento
    2001 Tony Parker France 1982 San Antonio
    2000 Mark Madsen Stanford Sr. LA Lakers
    1999 Leon Smith Martin Luther King HSSr. San Antonio
    1998 Nazr Mohammed Kentucky Utah
    1996 Travis Knight Connecticut Chicago
    1995 Cory Alexander Virginia San Antonio
    1994 Antonio Lang Duke Phoenix
    1993 Sherron Mills Virginia Commonwealth Minnesota
    1992 P.J. Brown Louisiana Tech New Jersey
    1991 George Ackles UNLV Miami
    1990 Tony Kukoc Yukoslavia Chicago
    1989 Dyron Nix Tennesse NO Hornets
    1988 Vinny Del Negro North Carolina State Sacramento
    1987 Lester Fonville Jackson State Portland
    1986 Johnny Newman Richmond Cleveland
    1985 Mike Brittain South Carolina San Antonio
    1984 Stuart Gray UCLA Indiana
    1983 Larry Micheaux Houston Chicago
    1982 Scott Hastings Arkansas New York
    1981 Eddie Johnson Illinois Kansas City
    1980 Louis Orr Syracuse Indiana




    Now, the Doug McDermott pick was bad for a multitude of reasons
    1) the multitude of players taken after that seems to be just as good if not better
    2) we traded two picks for his draft rights
    3) we ended up trading him for dog **** after the fact



  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I agree for the most part. Teague was only an awful pick because of who we missed on (Draymond Green). Most 29th overall picks are out of the league after their rookie contract:

    2015 Chris McCullough Syracuse University
    2014 Josh Huestis, Stanford
    2013 Archie Goodwin Kentucky Oklahoma
    2012 Marquis Teague Kentucky Chicago
    2011 Cory Joseph Texas San Antonio
    2010 Daniel Orton Kentucky Orlando
    2009 Toney Douglas Florida State New York
    2008 DJ White Indiana Detroit
    2007 Alando Tucker Wisconsin Phoenix
    2006 Mardy Collins Temple New York
    2005 Wayne Simien Kansas Sr. Miami
    2004 Minnesota's forfeited their first-rounder
    2003 Josh Howard Wake Forest Sr. Dallas
    2002 Dan Dickau Gonzaga Sr. Sacramento
    2001 Tony Parker France 1982 San Antonio
    2000 Mark Madsen Stanford Sr. LA Lakers
    1999 Leon Smith Martin Luther King HSSr. San Antonio
    1998 Nazr Mohammed Kentucky Utah
    1996 Travis Knight Connecticut Chicago
    1995 Cory Alexander Virginia San Antonio
    1994 Antonio Lang Duke Phoenix
    1993 Sherron Mills Virginia Commonwealth Minnesota
    1992 P.J. Brown Louisiana Tech New Jersey
    1991 George Ackles UNLV Miami
    1990 Tony Kukoc Yukoslavia Chicago
    1989 Dyron Nix Tennesse NO Hornets
    1988 Vinny Del Negro North Carolina State Sacramento
    1987 Lester Fonville Jackson State Portland
    1986 Johnny Newman Richmond Cleveland
    1985 Mike Brittain South Carolina San Antonio
    1984 Stuart Gray UCLA Indiana
    1983 Larry Micheaux Houston Chicago
    1982 Scott Hastings Arkansas New York
    1981 Eddie Johnson Illinois Kansas City
    1980 Louis Orr Syracuse Indiana




    Now, the Doug McDermott pick was bad for a multitude of reasons
    1) the multitude of players taken after that seems to be just as good if not better
    2) we traded two picks for his draft rights
    3) we ended up trading him for dog **** after the fact
    http://stats.nba.com/draft/history/?...mID=1610612741

    Just let them scroll through that. No need to have the same argument repeatedly because people on here are too lazy to do research before making statements.

    Since 2010 they will struggle to find 10 franchises that have drafted better. I will even let Boston count to those who say we were "gifted" Rose. They wee gifted their last 2 high picks. Before that, they were trash at drafting.

    I just dont see how people can use drafting as a main reason this FO is garbage. If you want to argue that we cant make even a decent trade, I agree. If you want to say they lack the balls to trade guys at peak value, I agree. If you want to say they have zero likeable traits to land FA and or coaches, I agree. If you want to say that they get too involved with the team therefore causing unnecessary rifts, I agree.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    http://stats.nba.com/draft/history/?...mID=1610612741

    Just let them scroll through that. No need to have the same argument repeatedly because people on here are too lazy to do research before making statements.

    Since 2010 they will struggle to find 10 franchises that have drafted better. I will even let Boston count to those who say we were "gifted" Rose. They wee gifted their last 2 high picks. Before that, they were trash at drafting.

    I just dont see how people can use drafting as a main reason this FO is garbage. If you want to argue that we cant make even a decent trade, I agree. If you want to say they lack the balls to trade guys at peak value, I agree. If you want to say they have zero likeable traits to land FA and or coaches, I agree. If you want to say that they get too involved with the team therefore causing unnecessary rifts, I agree.
    Really? You think I'm trashing this FO because just of drafting? Where have you been where I have been trashing this FO since 2010? And I am not trashing the FO because of drafting, but yes I am saying they drafted HORRIBLY the LAST 5 YEARS. Pax absolutely drafted well when he first joined the FO, but you can't deny, they have missed and missed terribly the last 5 years. I can't give them the benefit of the doubt because they drafted well 10 years ago, I have to go by recent history.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Lenox
    Posts
    24,472
    Common thread here and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't the drafting gotten worse since Gar was given the keys?

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Really? You think I'm trashing this FO because just of drafting? Where have you been where I have been trashing this FO since 2010? And I am not trashing the FO because of drafting, but yes I am saying they drafted HORRIBLY the LAST 5 YEARS. Pax absolutely drafted well when he first joined the FO, but you can't deny, they have missed and missed terribly the last 5 years. I can't give them the benefit of the doubt because they drafted well 10 years ago, I have to go by recent history.
    Even if you go back to the marquise teague draft, it hasnt been as bad as you make it out to be.

    Markkanen tbd
    Valentine- no one behind him is better
    Portis- no one behind him is better
    McDermott- more of the trade than the pick. Should have stayed still and drafted harris and hood or make that trade for a athletic 3 pt shooter in lavine
    Snell- dont know if you noticed but he has been one of the better and most efficient 3&D guy in the league since getting away from thibs and hoiberg.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,169
    McDermott and Teague are the 2 picks that infuriate me. I was begging for a Harris/Hood or Harris/Warren Combo that draft. We would have missed out of Warren since he went 14, but we could have easily grabbed Harris and Hood. What was our biggest need at that time? It was Shooting Wings. Gary Harris and Hood were the perfect fit.

    Also the Teague draft...No one wanted Teague. That was clear as day. But let's look at the 1st round:
    Thomas Robinson 5th, Meyers Leonard 11th, Kendall Marshall 13th, Royce White 16th, Fab Melo 22nd, John Jenkins 23rd, Tony Wroten 25th, Arnett Moultrie 27th, Perry Jones 28th. Those guys were all drafted before these guys in the 2nd round: Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, Kris Middleton, Will Barton, Kyle O'Quinn. We weren't the only team to miss by a long shot. Not saying that justifies it but the NBA draft is a crap shoot.

    We can all look back and ***** and moan about how bad we drafted but I will guarantee that no one wanted us to pick Jimmy Butler in this forum and that is a fact!!! We threw S**T on the wall and it stuck! In 2009 we took Taj Gibson 26th and most complained that we drafted an older player.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    McDermott and Teague are the 2 picks that infuriate me. I was begging for a Harris/Hood or Harris/Warren Combo that draft. We would have missed out of Warren since he went 14, but we could have easily grabbed Harris and Hood. What was our biggest need at that time? It was Shooting Wings. Gary Harris and Hood were the perfect fit.

    Also the Teague draft...No one wanted Teague. That was clear as day. But let's look at the 1st round:
    Thomas Robinson 5th, Meyers Leonard 11th, Kendall Marshall 13th, Royce White 16th, Fab Melo 22nd, John Jenkins 23rd, Tony Wroten 25th, Arnett Moultrie 27th, Perry Jones 28th. Those guys were all drafted before these guys in the 2nd round: Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, Kris Middleton, Will Barton, Kyle O'Quinn. We weren't the only team to miss by a long shot. Not saying that justifies it but the NBA draft is a crap shoot.

    We can all look back and ***** and moan about how bad we drafted but I will guarantee that no one wanted us to pick Jimmy Butler in this forum and that is a fact!!! We threw S**T on the wall and it stuck! In 2009 we took Taj Gibson 26th and most complained that we drafted an older player.
    Yeah, lets look back at the first round.

    "That group includes (Ron) Adams, who pushed the Bulls to draft Green in 2012 when he worked as Tom Thibodeauís lead assistant. 'As a coaching staff, we were very disappointed we didnít get him,'" Adams said, adding Green was a "Chicago kind of guy."
    We should have hit that year but we didn't.

    And I already mentioned this earlier, it doesn't matter what we want, it matters if the FO hits or miss. Jimmy was a great hit by this FO who they couldn't get along with and traded him for Zach Lavine and pieces.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,169
    All I care about now is the future. Every team has hits and misses over the past 7 years. If you continually dwell on that you never crawl your way out of the cellar.

    Right now we need to focus on developing Dunn/Denzel/Lavine/Lauri/Portis. We need to focus on losing games, but not losing our locker room. It's very important that we hit over the next few years. I feel like we did well this year.

    I see Dunn and Denzel as role players moving forward. I see Lauri and Lavine as above average starters in the future. What we need over the next 2 years is stars that fit with Lauri and Lavine in the starting lineup.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    All I care about now is the future. Every team has hits and misses over the past 7 years. If you continually dwell on that you never crawl your way out of the cellar.

    Right now we need to focus on developing Dunn/Denzel/Lavine/Lauri/Portis. We need to focus on losing games, but not losing our locker room. It's very important that we hit over the next few years. I feel like we did well this year.

    I see Dunn and Denzel as role players moving forward. I see Lauri and Lavine as above average starters in the future. What we need over the next 2 years is stars that fit with Lauri and Lavine in the starting lineup.
    The teams that continuously miss... they fire their general manager.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Even if you go back to the marquise teague draft, it hasnt been as bad as you make it out to be.

    Markkanen tbd
    Valentine- no one behind him is better
    Portis- no one behind him is better
    McDermott- more of the trade than the pick. Should have stayed still and drafted harris and hood or make that trade for a athletic 3 pt shooter in lavine
    Snell- dont know if you noticed but he has been one of the better and most efficient 3&D guy in the league since getting away from thibs and hoiberg.
    I disagree.

    Ron Adams wanted Green, we picked a guy that isn't in the league anymore.

    That and McDermott trade alone makes the last 5 years AWFUL.

    Oh and selling a young asset for cash to GSW who happens to be contributing to a championship team.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •