Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    731

    trust the process!!

    this team is better than last years team. talent wise, no but effort yes. Fred is the man for the job going forward, he relates to young players. lets keep surrounding young talent with bad players for two more years. then look out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    23,856
    All I'll say is that your username commands respect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,395
    If it was anybody else besides Garpax ...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,836
    I don't trust the process because I'm confident this FO will **** it up somehow.

    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Gar Foreman = likely gone within two years (the same time Hoiberg is gone)

    This team needs an offensive-minded coach. A good one. Not Fred Hoiberg. Not Mark Jackson.

    Give me Chauncey Billups, Steve Nash, a former player that can relate to young guys but were warriors in the playoffs and will demand you to lay it all out. And one that knows how to win in today's league with pace/space



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Gar Foreman = likely gone within two years (the same time Hoiberg is gone)

    This team needs an offensive-minded coach. A good one. Not Fred Hoiberg. Not Mark Jackson.

    Give me Chauncey Billups, Steve Nash, a former player that can relate to young guys but were warriors in the playoffs and will demand you to lay it all out. And one that knows how to win in today's league with pace/space
    I'd love Steve Nash. I think he'll end up coaching Phoenix next year though

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,010
    I can't trust anything with this FO still in tact. A FO thst runs off a great coach and does half the things these guys have done would be **** caned already.

    To think that GarPax get these drafts right..... Is laughable.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    I can't trust anything with this FO still in tact. A FO thst runs off a great coach and does half the things these guys have done would be **** caned already.

    To think that GarPax get these drafts right..... Is laughable.
    Lauri looks like the best pick that was available. They arent perfect, but they arent as bad as people make it seem. Do i want them? No, particularly Gar.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Lauri looks like the best pick that was available. They arent perfect, but they arent as bad as people make it seem. Do i want them? No, particularly Gar.
    I diasgree, they are worse than most people make it seem, especially KC and Friedell but they gotta eat too so i get that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    24,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    Lauri looks like the best pick that was available. They arent perfect, but they arent as bad as people make it seem. Do i want them? No, particularly Gar.
    This is the same team that took Doug over Lavine. This is the same team thst traded for Payne. Lauri may look good. But i would bet lauri is more likely to be the exception than the standard.

    A blind squirl finds a but every now and then

    I mean go back and tell me how many picks since Rose have been considered good. Jimmy is the only one besides Lauri who looks like a starter.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    63,836
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This is the same team that took Doug over Lavine. This is the same team thst traded for Payne. Lauri may look good. But i would bet lauri is more likely to be the exception than the standard.

    A blind squirl finds a but every now and then

    I mean go back and tell me how many picks since Rose have been considered good. Jimmy is the only one besides Lauri who looks like a starter.
    Say what now?


    Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    This is the same team that took Doug over Lavine. This is the same team thst traded for Payne. Lauri may look good. But i would bet lauri is more likely to be the exception than the standard.

    A blind squirl finds a but every now and then

    I mean go back and tell me how many picks since Rose have been considered good. Jimmy is the only one besides Lauri who looks like a starter.
    So we are to completely ignore previous seasons because they have had a few bad ones in recent memory? Nah I don't like that. And since Derrick Rose, they haven't been regularly been in position to draft great players. They totally hit on Noah, Rose, Butler, and Taj. They may have hit on Laurie, still too soon to tell. But, the NBA draft is a crap-shoot. Not many teams will have a better draft record than the Bulls. Not because the Bulls are a good FO, but because drafting is just a really difficult thing to do. You know how many starters there are in each NBA draft? There aren't a lot. Maybe half the teams find a starting-caliber player. And most of those teams are in the high lottery.

    What I hate the most is their ability to make trades. They sit on things too long, and when they seemingly do make a trade they didn't capitalize on anything. The few times they received back TPEs, they ended up going to waste (i.e. Korver, Deng, Hinrich trades).



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    So we are to completely ignore previous seasons because they have had a few bad ones in recent memory? Nah I don't like that. And since Derrick Rose, they haven't been regularly been in position to draft great players. They totally hit on Noah, Rose, Butler, and Taj. They may have hit on Laurie, still too soon to tell. But, the NBA draft is a crap-shoot. Not many teams will have a better draft record than the Bulls. Not because the Bulls are a good FO, but because drafting is just a really difficult thing to do. You know how many starters there are in each NBA draft? There aren't a lot. Maybe half the teams find a starting-caliber player. And most of those teams are in the high lottery.

    What I hate the most is their ability to make trades. They sit on things too long, and when they seemingly do make a trade they didn't capitalize on anything. The few times they received back TPEs, they ended up going to waste (i.e. Korver, Deng, Hinrich trades).
    I'm sorry but it's their JOB to hit on draft picks. And in the last 5 years, I'd disagree, a lot of teams have drafted better than the Bulls, probably most teams in the league.

    2016 - Denzel Valentine, Paul Zipser
    2015 - Bobby Portis
    2014 - Doug McDermott, Cameron Bairstow
    2013 - Tony Snell, Eric Murphy
    2012 - Marquis Teague

    What's ****ing hilarious about 2014 is we give up 2 first round picks for Doug McDermott, trade him for 2 ****ing scrubs from OKC, then flip our best player for Zach Lavine and Kris Dunn when Zach Lavine got drafted 2 picks after Doug. I ****ing hate this front office so much.
    Last edited by effen5; 11-27-2017 at 02:01 PM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,169
    I'm pretty sure people in here were all extremely happy with the Bobby Pick. 2013 and 2014 were awful. As for 2016, go through that draft post Denzel and tell me who is lighting it up? Lavert? No one in here wanted Lavert so let's not act like he was on anyone's radar. Brogdon? Yeah don't even lie and say you would have been happy about that pick where we got Denzel at the time. Luwawu? Some of us liked him but wanted us to trade back for him.

    The NBA draft is absolutely a crap shoot. Why do you think it is 2 rounds and hardly anyone sticks each year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    15,975
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I'm pretty sure people in here were all extremely happy with the Bobby Pick. 2013 and 2014 were awful. As for 2016, go through that draft post Denzel and tell me who is lighting it up? Lavert? No one in here wanted Lavert so let's not act like he was on anyone's radar. Brogdon? Yeah don't even lie and say you would have been happy about that pick where we got Denzel at the time. Luwawu? Some of us liked him but wanted us to trade back for him.

    The NBA draft is absolutely a crap shoot. Why do you think it is 2 rounds and hardly anyone sticks each year.
    The problem is, this FO has failed from 12-15. 16, jury is still out on Denzel (I'm still not high on him after a handful of good games), and Zipser doesn't belong on an NBA roster but you can't fail that many years and expect the fans to "trust the process".

    And on a side note, I don't think the front office was sold on Jimmy Butler, even with all of his accomplishments.
    Last edited by effen5; 11-27-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •