Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1634
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anyone with a half a brain.
    Might be a matter of which half they have - left versus right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Neil Walker to Yanks on 1 year deal for 5 million.

Remember that time he was paid 19 million by some sucker team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was 17 million and it wasn't a sucker payment at the time.

I thought Bruce and Frazier were great value signings at the time, but when you look at some of these other deals that occurred much later (late Feb, early March)... some of these values are just ridiculous. Lynn, Walker, and Moustakis signing for those deals is insane. Logan Morrison went really cheap too.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

So the same guy the Mets paid $17 mill for last year will play for the Yankees for $5 million this year?

What a country!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

It was because he was came off an injury plagued season and only a sucker would give him 17 million. He saw that QO and said, **** yes am taking it you ****ing idiots!

I think it's a different ball game now. $17 mil 2 years ago was different than $17 mil right now. Teams just aren't throwing out that kind of money for players who aren't elite. I smell collusion honestly. IDK how the price goes down so much in such a short amount of time... even on short term deals.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

The Lynn one looks great.

What is Cobb going to get?

Can the Mets give Holland one year?

I'm not a Lynn fan, but for that contract I would have been happy with it.
    Marmolololololol

The Mets should be in on Holland at this point.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I thought Bruce and Frazier were great value signings at the time, but when you look at some of these other deals that occurred much later (late Feb, early March)... some of these values are just ridiculous. Lynn, Walker, and Moustakis signing for those deals is insane. Logan Morrison went really cheap too.
    The Lynn one looks great.

What is Cobb going to get?

Can the Mets give Holland one year?

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    It's not that culture and hustle don't matter - it's just that those things are the small intangibles that can help an already very talented team get over the top and win a title. They are important, but they do not in any way, shape or form make up for pure talent.

When the honeymoon period for Callaway comes to an end, he will be in the same position as every other manager before him - completely dependent on the talent he is given.
    I like the lollygagger term and looked it up. Guess whose picture is next to that term? None other than Yoenis Cespedes. Basically what I'm seeing is Callaway is putting everyone on notice that if you screw around and not play the game right on both sides of the ball you might ride some pine.

Was it coincidence that after Callaway's talk, Cespedes said he is going easy on his right arm so far this spring?

Any other players (Borenstein for example) who f'd up will be called to task. In other words, Mr B, you are not in Cespedes's class and you will not only sit the pine but will be one of the first relegated to the Minor League complex of dear old Port St Lucie - where the alligators live. By the way didn't smell any horse **** from Cespedes's horses a couple weeks ago when I was at one of the games - maybe he left them home.

Cerrone had a great point on the blog about how yes those are awesome values, but they wouldn't have happened if not for the signings to come before.

The Mets should be in on Holland at this point.
    He could really relieve some pressure for both the SPs and RPs. It would also allow the Mets to let some of the younger RPs get some more AA/AAA experience, and possibly allow the team some trade deadline flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Cerrone had a great point on the blog about how yes those are awesome values, but they wouldn't have happened if not for the signings to come before.
    Don’t buy it.

These guys are at desperate times and well they took what was basically their only option.

Had a guy like Bruce or Frazier held out for longer, they would of gotten similar deals.

Don’t buy it.

These guys are at desperate times and well they took what was basically their only option.

Had a guy like Bruce or Frazier held out for longer, they would of gotten similar deals.

Think about it: Why are they desperate? Because there are no teams left.

It was because he was came off an injury plagued season and only a sucker would give him 17 million. He saw that QO and said, **** yes am taking it you ****ing idiots!

No it wasn't. Walker came off almost a 4 WAR season in 2016. You're lost dude. The big difference is market factors have changed pretty dramatically in one offseason.

You have guys like Moustakas who wanted 9 figures when the offseason started who instead got 6.5 million dollars. The FA market has gone backwards.