Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 197 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 2947
    marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    That's up there.

I get the overplayed Raindrops. But little FoC was in the 5th grade when that song first came out, right around the time my Mets were on the verge of winning a most improbable world series. So when my 5th-grade teacher dared me to sing it in front of the class, acapella, I couldn't refuse.

Memories like that will keep it among my fave songs of all time. Certainly, it's my fave BJ Thomas classic. AND, it was penned by Bacharach and David, one of the great songwriting teams in pop music history. Wonder if you can tell me who wrote Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song, without looking it up, of course,
    I cannot tell you that. I LOVE burt bacharach though. In fact we used to have a radio station and Im so sad its gone because they played the great american songbook. They played everything from bj thomas to marty robbins engelburt humperdink and all burt bacharachs songs. They're the same station that overplayed that song though.

My only guess would be Willie Neslon. He wrote so many amazing songs.
    Last edited by marychristine; 07-24-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marychristine View Post
    I cannot tell you that. I LOVE burt bacharach though. In fact we used to have a radio station and Im so sad its gone because they played the great american songbook. They played everything from bj thomas to marty robbins engelburt humperdink and all burt bacharachs songs. They're the same station that overplayed that song though.

My only guess would be Willie Neslon. He wrote so many amazing songs.
    If I had asked you who wrote Patsy Cline's "Crazy," Willie would have been your answer. But the song in question was written by Larry Butler and Chips Moran. Nope, I never heard of either one of them.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

RIP Rutger Hauer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    RIP Rutger Hauer

WTF

This is turning out to be one ****ed up day for me.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Ladyhawke, Nighthawks and Blade Runner are three of my favorite movies.

Godspeed Rutger...Godspeed

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The Hitcher was also great.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://patch.com/new-york/hauppauge...uge-hotel-scpd

My cousin's ex girlfriend overdosed on fentanyl 2 days ago. Boyfriend was in the same hotel room and apparently slit his wrists when he couldn't wake her.

I saw her recently because my cousin sells weed and she/her boyfriend were regular customers. Its crazy how much whatever she was doing took a toll on her. She was really pretty 20 years ago when i first met her and on the occasion that I saw her, she looked like ****. Her teeth were yellow, her hair was all stringy, and she had red marks all over her arms. It was really awful. 39 years old and now dead. What a waste. Just goes to show why you don't **** with **** like that even if only recreational.
    Deleted
    Last edited by ImTheKing30; 07-25-2019 at 11:53 AM.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

marychristine Guest
    I didnt need a dead intestine to get into trouble, I had 5 older sisters and I was born a brat. I feel for you though. Starting late in pill form is super intense.
    If I do drugs or drink now, its only because Im a Mets fan.

Turns out I do have two fracture ribs.

There goes the gym for the rest of the summer.

I grew up in the south Bronx and I knew friends who used to deal crack and grew up with that **** all around me and I said to myself that I never wanted to be a “custi” as we used to call them.

Smoked weed and I did not even enjoyed that **** because I used to get serious munchies and dry mouth.

I grew up in the south Bronx and I knew friends who used to deal crack and grew up with that **** all around me and I said to myself that I never wanted to be a “custi” as we used to call them.

Smoked weed and I did not even enjoyed that **** because I used to get serious munchies and dry mouth.

I enjoyed myself, maybe a bit too much in college, and indulged in a lot of things that I shouldn't have. However, with weed it was a constant and there was 6 fast foods spots within half a mile of me. I must have spent a few thousands bucks on fast food during those years lol.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Off Topic Thread

Grew up in Jamaica, Queens during the 80s crack epidemic. Had a halfway house across from our apartment with young ex-cons, most of whom were in the big house on drug charges. Had a local crack dealer on the corner and an old retired NYPD cop (Mr. Rodriguez) that used to sit on his balcony in a wife beater with his revolver in an ankle holster watching the neighborhood kids as we played tag, running bases and stick ball.

I remember the “war on drugs” that only created decades of more problems and ruined countless lives. Widespread drug addiction is a community problem that requires community based solutions. Mass incarceration just leads to a perpetual cycle of more addicts, dealers and broken junkies.

Now we are seeing it all over again with opioids in more rural and exurban communities. 65,000 deaths per year. Down here in Virginia we have a few counties in the southwest part of the state that used to mine coal - and now their industry is opioids. The numbers are staggering.

I now sit on a major regulatory body in Virginia tasked by the governor to create guidelines and regulations to help curb the problem. We’ve worked on it for years and are seeing positive results. The resistance to our regulations is incredibly angry and almost vitriolic - but make no mistake about it, availability of these drugs and deaths from overdose are coming down.

The one common denominator with both drug crises is abject poverty. One cannot look at the facts on the ground and deny that. The responses to the crack epidemic vs. to the opioid epidemic is a stark contrast. It’s a good thing that we are evolving. Imagine how many less lives would have been ruined if we evolved in 1980?

Don't worry. He's got this.

marychristine Guest
    Turns out I do have two fracture ribs.

There goes the gym for the rest of the summer.

Oh em gee. I saw the original post and rolled my eyes. Holy ****. How did you even do that??

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Grew up in Jamaica, Queens during the 80s crack epidemic. Had a halfway house across from our apartment with young ex-cons, most of whom were in the big house on drug charges. Had a local crack dealer on the corner and an old retired NYPD cop (Mr. Rodriguez) that used to sit on his balcony in a wife beater with his revolver in an ankle holster watching the neighborhood kids as we played tag, running bases and stick ball.

I remember the “war on drugs” that only created decades of more problems and ruined countless lives. Widespread drug addiction is a community problem that requires community based solutions. Mass incarceration just leads to a perpetual cycle of more addicts, dealers and broken junkies.

Now we are seeing it all over again with opioids in more rural and exurban communities. 65,000 deaths per year. Down here in Virginia we have a few counties in the southwest part of the state that used to mine coal - and now their industry is opioids. The numbers are staggering.

I now sit on a major regulatory body in Virginia tasked by the governor to create guidelines and regulations to help curb the problem. We’ve worked on it for years and are seeing positive results. The resistance to our regulations is incredibly angry and almost vitriolic - but make no mistake about it, availability of these drugs and deaths from overdose are coming down.

The one common denominator with both drug crises is abject poverty. One cannot look at the facts on the ground and deny that. The responses to the crack epidemic vs. to the opioid epidemic is a stark contrast. It’s a good thing that we are evolving. Imagine how many less lives would have been ruined if we evolved in 1980?

We know why their is a different response to the two epidemics. Crack was mostly a minority problem killing minorities and their hoods. Opioids became a white epidemic killing whites in rural and in the suburbs and once that happen it became something that needed to be stopped.

As I said I lived in the south Bronx most of my life and nobody cared when opioids were killing minorities here in the early 2000’s once it spread beyond that people cared.

marychristine Guest
    Did anyone here ever drop acid?