Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 182 of 197 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2947
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You're either incapable of processing simple information or choosing to be ignorant.
    This simple info is it doesn't affect kids and worldwide no school openings have caused mass deaths.
    What's the dispute on that.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You're either incapable of processing simple information or choosing to be ignorant.
    You keep saying the same thing with no proof.
    Your proof was someone sickly in AZ ( who was a teacher) and had Lupus, Asthma and Diabetes, who caught covid from another adult while teaching online summer class.
    That's why there should be no school

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    This simple info is it doesn't affect kids and worldwide no school openings have caused mass deaths.
    What's the dispute on that.
    Since you're so confident everything will be completely fine, would you send your own kids to school? When they started crying and begging for you to change your mind because they're terrified, would you simply tell them that they're wrong? Would you completely ignore their feelings simply because you think that they're idiotic fools who aren't interpreting the science how you see fit?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Since you're so confident everything will be completely fine, would you send your own kids to school? When they started crying and begging for you to change your mind because they're terrified, would you simply tell them that they're wrong? Would you completely ignore their feelings simply because you think that they're idiotic fools who aren't interpreting the science how you see fit?

Absolutely my kids will go.
    I have a 16 and 11 still in school

They won't start crying, they want to go back.
    Kids need interaction, where are all the deaths Harry worldwide from school, some countries never closed schools at all.
    All you guys have your talking points, but not once ounce of proof anywhere that schools cause deaths

How am I interpreting science as I see fit.
    Science shows Covid disproportionately affects people over 70, underlying conditions, obese.
    Where am I misinterpreting that?
    Science shows it has almost 0 affect on kids, where am I misinterpreting?
    If you have data showing otherwise please supply it

How am I interpreting science as I see fit.
    Science shows Covid disproportionately affects people over 70, underlying conditions, obese.
    Where am I misinterpreting that?
    Science shows it has almost 0 affect on kids, where am I misinterpreting?
    If you have data showing otherwise please supply it
    It doesnít matter if it has zero effect on kids. Children will be the number one transmitters of the virus at the end of the day.

The goal of shutting everything down was to slow the spread. Stopping it was impossible. Opening schools up where children - the most unhygienic creatures in earth are stuck by the hundreds or thousands in a school building, doesnít sound smart. Itís also undoing all of the work thatís been done to slow the spread over these past few months.

Sure, your kids might not get sick. What if they bring home the virus and end up passing it to you. What happens when you unknowingly pass it along to your parents, significant other, family, the sweet old lady upstairs, etc?

I donít know about your kids school but my high school had 4500 kids between 4 floors. How many people do those kids come in contact with outside of school? What about those people they come in contact with, how many people have they interacted with?

Itís a never ending chain and herd immunity isnít the answer, so I wouldnít even suggest letting the virus spread and to let everyone get infected. Social distancing has worked to mitigate the spread of the virus, letís not undo all of that.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    It doesnít matter if it has zero effect on kids. Children will be the number one transmitters of the virus at the end of the day.

The goal of shutting everything down was to slow the spread. Stopping it was impossible. Opening schools up where children - the most unhygienic creatures in earth are stuck by the hundreds or thousands in a school building, doesnít sound smart. Itís also undoing all of the work thatís been done to slow the spread over these past few months.

Sure, your kids might not get sick. What if they bring home the virus and end up passing it to you. What happens when you unknowingly pass it along to your parents, significant other, family, the sweet old lady upstairs, etc?

I donít know about your kids school but my high school had 4500 kids between 4 floors. How many people do those kids come in contact with outside of school? What about those people they come in contact with, how many people have they interacted with?

Itís a never ending chain and herd immunity isnít the answer, so I wouldnít even suggest letting the virus spread and to let everyone get infected. Social distancing has worked to mitigate the spread of the virus, letís not undo all of that.
    Again where on Earth have schools being open resulted in.kids( who are not transmitters) killed off a faculty.
    Just give me 1 school on Earth where it actually happened.

Are you suggesting schools never open, and we just write off this generation with no schooling and Trillions in debt because of a virus with a greater than 99 percent survival rate.

Grandma could have died from the flu last year because she caught it from someone.
    People are still going to die from things it's life. Sorry the healthy can't be quarentined forever

Again where on Earth have schools being open resulted in.kids( who are not transmitters) killed off a faculty.
    Just give me 1 school on Earth where it actually happened.

Are you suggesting schools never open, and we just write off this generation with no schooling and Trillions in debt because of a virus with a greater than 99 percent survival rate.

Grandma could have died from the flu last year because she caught it from someone.
    People are still going to die from things it's life. Sorry the healthy can't be quarentined forever
    You already have schools and camps where hundreds of people have been exposed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ening-georgia/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/h...dren-camp.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...sleepaway-camp

That's just from a handful of places who thought they could reopen safely.

Do you really think then putting 57 million kids back to school this month and next month is a good idea? Those environments are complete petri dishes for this to manifest and spread. If you have to question if its safe, then its not safe.

You guys take it to a ridiculous extreme. Its not writing off school for a whole generation. Its leaving them out of school for maybe a calendar year between when they left in March to sometime at the end of 2020 or early 2021. When there is a better handle on this thing and potentially a vaccine.

I moved all the coronavirus talk from the baseball thread to here.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-04-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Itís hard to point out if people got the virus from a kid that got it from school, because itís hard to prove the kid indeed got it at school.

The point is to contain the virus and by sending kids to crowded schools you are not going to contain it like that .

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Itís hard to point out if people got the virus from a kid that got it from school, because itís hard to prove the kid indeed got it at school.

The point is to contain the virus and by sending kids to crowded schools you are not going to contain it like that .
    Its okay because kids don't get sick from the coronavirus and they'll be in a safe environment . They can't get this down in restaurants, hotels, and bars where customer service is top priority but they are going to stop it in schools where teachers need to deal with hundreds of kids whose last priority is hygiene.

Its a breeding ground.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-04-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You already have schools and camps where hundreds of people have been exposed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ening-georgia/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/31/h...dren-camp.html

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...sleepaway-camp

That's just from a handful of places who thought they could reopen safely.

Do you really think then putting 57 million kids back to school this month and next month is a good idea? Those environments are complete petri dishes for this to manifest and spread. If you have to question if its safe, then its not safe.

You guys take it to a ridiculous extreme. Its not writing off school for a whole generation. Its leaving them out of school for maybe a calendar year between when they left in March to sometime at the end of 2020 or early 2021. When there is a better handle on this thing and potentially a vaccine.

I moved all the coronavirus talk from the baseball thread to here.
    It' been 7 plus months they know kids don't transmit it.
    How come in Feb, Mar, Apr,, when it was blowing through NY and schools were open not one faculty was overun, by transmitting kids?
    Vaccines take years to develope, Mumps was 4 years and that is the quickest.
    I find it funny you're afraid of sending kids to school but fine injecting them with a potentially rushed vaccine for something 99.6 percent recover from.

I'm done feeding a heartless brainwashed troll, I suggest everyone else do the same.

It' been 7 plus months they know kids don't transmit it.
    How come in Feb, Mar, Apr,, when it was blowing through NY and schools were open not one faculty was overun, by transmitting kids?
    Vaccines take years to develope, Mumps was 4 years and that is the quickest.
    I find it funny you're afraid of sending kids to school but fine injecting them with a potentially rushed vaccine for something 99.6 percent recover from.
    No its been 2-3 months. Kids usually are done with school in June (sometimes May depending on where you are) and they weren't removed until March.

There probably was. We weren't testing much in the beginning of this pandemic because there wasn't access to testing but there's no doubt that those environments were spreading the virus. Now that we have more knowledge of the virus and how contagious it is, there's no reason to rush kids back to school this month and next.

You have multiple companies working on 100s of potential vaccines, some of which have come back with very positive results.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronav...man-this-year/

They're not going to hand it out like candy until there is more experimental testing done but there is plenty of belief in the medical community that a safe vaccine will be available for the world in 2021. The virus is not just about kids spreading it to other kids. Do you understand that? Those kids don't live in a vacuum. They associate with adults (teachers, parents, family) everyday.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-04-2020 at 07:19 PM.

I'm done feeding a heartless brainwashed troll, I suggest everyone else do the same.

No you're done because I countered your points and like I said you can't come up with 1 instance where kids in school has caused a mass outvreak
    Again give me 1 in the whole world, not the cop out you're using now