Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 120 of 127 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 1899
    The dude from Jackie Brown?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Joker was really good.

Joker was amazing - and haunting.

Phoenix is my favorite actor. I think he deserves an Oscar for this performance.
    Last edited by GottaBelieve; 10-13-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Off Topic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Joker was amazing - and haunting.

Phoenix is my favorite actor. I think he deserves an Oscar for this performance.
    He will be nominated for sure.

BTW them stairs shown in the movie are in the Bronx, so yeah no wonder he was crazy he was raise in the boogie down.
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 10-13-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Damn, I was disappointed and saddened about the loss of one of the greatest drummers off all time in Ginger Baker of Cream.

Just found out one of my personal character actor favorites just passed too.....Robert Forster. Met him in 2001 when he was the guest motivational speaker at a private engagement in Los Angeles.

https://www.imdb.com/offsite/?page-a...ef_=nws_art_hd
    Anything you remember about what he said at that engagement? I'm guessing it was good.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He will be nominated for sure.

BTW them stairs shown in the movie are in the Bronx, so yeah no wonder he was crazy he was raise in the booth down.
    Boogie down during the 1981 garbage strike no less.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Watching all these NYC sports teams is tough man. Wtf was Schurmur thinking going for it on 4th and 15 on their 33 yard line with 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning left? And if you are going for it for 4th down regardless of distance, how do you run it on 3rd and 18?

Sounds like the football version of a Callaway decision. I dont get how so many NYC teams are so dysfunctional. The Rangers and Yankees are the only ones who consistently get it right. The Nets just figured it out after years of being the laughing stock of the NBA (trading away all those lottery picks).

The Giants used to be one of the smarter organizations in the league. Forget that now. The Jets let the previous GM handle all personnel decisions last offseason (draft and FA) only to fire him right before this year. The Mets hire a player agent to be their GM. The Knicks haven't been relevant in forever. The Islanders were awful before last year. I just don't get it.

You would think they put smarter people in place.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Watching all these NYC sports teams is tough man. Wtf was Schurmur thinking going for it on 4th and 15 on their 33 yard line with 2 timeouts and the 2 minute warning left? And if you are going for it for 4th down regardless of distance, how do you run it on 3rd and 18?

Sounds like the football version of a Callaway decision. I dont get how so many NYC teams are so dysfunctional. The Rangers and Yankees are the only ones who consistently get it right. The Nets just figured it out after years of being the laughing stock of the NBA (trading away all those lottery picks).

The Giants used to be one of the smarter organizations in the league. Forget that now. The Jets let the previous GM handle all personnel decisions last offseason (draft and FA) only to fire him right before this year. The Mets hire a player agent to be their GM. The Knicks haven't been relevant in forever. The Islanders were awful before last year. I just don't get it.

You would think they put smarter people in place.
    The Jets have their FQB now, and have one of the brightest minds at GM. I like the direction they are going in.

Daniel Jones looks like he can be a FQB. Hes a rookie, give him sometime.

But I agree with you about the Mets. Hopefully he learned that his new clients are this fan base and not his previous clients or ownership. In the end we pay for everything, even the lights.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Jets have their FQB now, and have one of the brightest minds at GM. I like the direction they are going in.

Daniel Jones looks like he can be a FQB. Hes a rookie, give him sometime.

But I agree with you about the Mets. Hopefully he learned that his new clients are this fan base and not his previous clients or ownership. In the end we pay for everything, even the lights.
    The Jets let the Maccagnan pick the players they signed in FA, handle the draft, and hire the new head coach only to fire him right before the season started. Does that sound like an organization who is handling their **** properly? Love Darnold but there's still questions about whether he's going to be a FQB and Joe Douglas is a good hire but you let him pick the new groceries, not someone preceding him.

I like Daniel Jones and yeah its rookie struggles for sure but I think some of the shine has come off of him after those first 2 games. He's learning on the job, I get it but the turnovers are a problem.

As for the Mets, they've always been run this way since the Wilpons took full ownership of the team. They are a
    mess in their own personal financial dealings and how they've handled this team. Whether its their financial commitment, their hires, etc.

Phillips, Duquette, Minaya, Alderson, Brodie, none of them can get it right and its about time someone did.

Its sad when the best teams in NY not named the Yankees are the Sabres and Bills. JoeGamer must be having a field day though.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Jets let the Maccagnan pick the players they signed in FA, handle the draft, and hire the new head coach only to fire him right before the season started. Does that sound like an organization who is handling their **** properly? Love Darnold but there's still questions about whether he's going to be a FQB and Joe Douglas is a good hire but you let him pick the new groceries, not someone preceding him.

I like Daniel Jones and yeah its rookie struggles for sure but I think some of the shine has come off of him after those first 2 games. He's learning on the job, I get it but the turnovers are a problem.

As for the Mets, they've always been run this way since the Wilpons took full ownership of the team. They are a
    mess in their own personal financial dealings and how they've handled this team. Whether its their financial commitment, their hires, etc.

Phillips, Duquette, Minaya, Alderson, Brodie, none of them can get it right and its about time someone did.

Its sad when the best teams in NY not named the Yankees are the Sabres and Bills. JoeGamer must be having a field day though.
    They saw Mikey Mac as a detriment to the franchise, Moving forward they have a GM who is a better talent evaluator doesn't matter when they hired him. exhibit A Alex Lewis is their best OL.

Darnold is the best QB taken since Luck, according to Mike Mayock, Daniel Jeremiah & Todd McShay. After watching him look every bit of the part against the Cowboys, I believe he will be the FQB the Jets have been looking for. It is one of the few things Mac got right.

Turnovers are going to happen to DJ because of the speed of the game. Once he is comfortable with that and everything settles down for him he will be fine.

The Mets was set up to have continued success before Brodie took over. He had an awful 1st year except for Davis, Brach and drafting Allen. Brodie needs to look at the Mets as his number 1 priority and not his former clients.

Darnold just had one of the worst games Ive ever seen from a starting QB. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Darnold just had one of the worst games Ive ever seen from a starting QB. Yikes.

Ive never seen a QB throw away so many passes without being under pressure. He looked like a scared high school kid.

They call it the Francesa curse.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ive never seen a QB throw away so many passes without being under pressure. He looked like a scared high school kid.
    He's what 22 yo with 3 NFL games under his belt? Is it reasonable to expect him to be able to read pro defenses already? I heard some whining about whether SD is a franchise QB. How many years did Danny White sit behind Roger Staubach? Three or four. The Jets QB going to have some bad games - I heard the Jets offensive line is pretty pathetic too. But I haven't watched football since Giants/Pats Superbowl so maybe I'm wrong.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt