Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 1950
  1. #1906
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,950
    Happy Thanksgiving


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #1907
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving
    You too, Clay, and to the rest of my PSD Family.

    Enjoy the holidays.

  3. #1908
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,440
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Watched The Irishman with my GF on Netflix last night. Was one of the most insufferable 3 and a half hours i ever spent in my entire life. It was worse than watching Steve Trachsel pitch.

    Amazing cast. Piss poor dialogue. Horrible job of storytelling. Terrible cinematography. Bad acting if that's even possible with that cast.

    People rave about this movie. I don't get it. Hoffa and F.I.S.T. were far superior. This one was brutal.
    Disagree with your assessment.

  4. #1909
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    20,568
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You too, Clay, and to the rest of my PSD Family.

    Enjoy the holidays.
    Happy thanksgiving, old man.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  5. #1910
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Disagree with your assessment.
    Many do. Left me scratching my bald head.

  6. #1911
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,440
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Many do. Left me scratching my bald head.
    While I would say the pacing left something to be desired with the back and forth specially and the last hour and a half it did dragged, the acting was top notch as expected from the cast. The dialog is also very real as how these people talked, I mean they were not ****ing Shakespeare or writers that have a well rounded vocabulary.

    It was a very good movie but not one of his best and because he has done some incredible work in a way it leaves you disappointed.

    Now if you ever saw his movie Silence, then I will agree with you. ****! after watching that movie I wanted to ****ing slit my wrist because of how ****ing depressing it was from start to finish.

  7. #1912
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    While I would say the pacing left something to be desired with the back and forth specially and the last hour and a half it did dragged, the acting was top notch as expected from the cast. The dialog is also very real as how these people talked, I mean they were not ****ing Shakespeare or writers that have a well rounded vocabulary.

    It was a very good movie but not one of his best and because he has done some incredible work in a way it leaves you disappointed.

    Now if you ever saw his movie Silence, then I will agree with you. ****! after watching that movie I wanted to ****ing slit my wrist because of how ****ing depressing it was from start to finish.
    I was uninspired by the acting, other than Pesci. Nicholson's portrayal of Hoffa was far better and much more convincing than Pacino's who I felt turned him into a cartoon character.

    So many extraneous scenes. What the hell was us with the fish on the car seat scene? What was the point? What was the point of half of those scenes. The movie should be shown in every film school in the country as part of a course, "How to make a 2-hour movie run 3 and a half hours long."

  8. #1913
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,440
    I could say you can cut about an hour of the movie, but that scene was for tension purposes imo.

  9. #1914
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I'm curious if you'll be equally impressed with the remaining hour and 45. Also, if it was so good, why did you stop watching? I would have ditched it half way through were i not watching with my GF. I was surprised to hear afterwards she hated it as much as I.
    The best acting was in the last half-ish of the movie, imo. Pesci was incredible, and De Niro was outstanding. That phone call he made to Jo? C'mon, that was as genuine as anything he's ever put to film.

    Pacing was bad, I agree, and the film is overreliant on "Here's two men in a room having a talk" scenes, but it was genuinely engaging. That last hour or so I was hanging on every wince, every word of caution Frank gives to Hoffa. And Pacino was so good. The acting truly was outstanding. I can understand if the film seems boring, or you not thinking it's up to Scorsese's usual standards, but I can't disagree more strongly with your indictment of the acting.

  10. #1915
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,453
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    The best acting was in the last half-ish of the movie, imo. Pesci was incredible, and De Niro was outstanding. That phone call he made to Jo? C'mon, that was as genuine as anything he's ever put to film.

    Pacing was bad, I agree, and the film is overreliant on "Here's two men in a room having a talk" scenes, but it was genuinely engaging. That last hour or so I was hanging on every wince, every word of caution Frank gives to Hoffa. And Pacino was so good. The acting truly was outstanding. I can understand if the film seems boring, or you not thinking it's up to Scorsese's usual standards, but I can't disagree more strongly with your indictment of the acting.
    Yeah, i just didn't see it. Oh well, one more thing we don't agree on.

  11. #1916
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,440
    The one thing is funny is seeing young deNiro with old deNiro body.

  12. #1917
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    35,570
    Saw on Twitter that Joe and Evan are taking the afternoon slot that Mike left. Maggie and Mark Malusis will do the midday show as Bart Scott is going to ESPN. Am glad to hear. Bart seems like a good guy but his calling is doing NFL coverage and nothing else.

  13. #1918
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,453
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Saw on Twitter that Joe and Evan are taking the afternoon slot that Mike left. Maggie and Mark Malusis will do the midday show as Bart Scott is going to ESPN. Am glad to hear. Bart seems like a good guy but his calling is doing NFL coverage and nothing else.
    I cringed whenever he talked baseball. But I enjoyed hearing him talk about football. It was a shame when Mikey came out of retirement and they bumped CMB who I felt had just started hitting their stride at that time. But now I'm glad Joe and Evan will get prime time. I thought they should have gotten the nod the first time around.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  14. #1919
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,149
    Speaking of football.

    GO BILLS!!!!

  15. #1920
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,510
    Which famous person was born on December 25th and is widely recognized as one of the most influential of all time?

    I know of one person on the Forum who knows this answer.

    HINT: He changed the world.
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •