Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 127 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1950
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    On November 13, Felix Unger was asked…to remove himself from his place of residence. That request came from his wife.
    Ah yes, forgot the day. Miss that show.

Very surprised there was no Happy Birthday thread for the The Franchise.

Happy Birthday Tom! You are THE best player in Mets history........
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Very surprised there was no Happy Birthday thread for the The Franchise.

Happy Birthday Tom! You are THE best player in Mets history........
    Maybe the fans can dress up his statue outside the stadium with well wishes, jerseys, etc.

Oh wait....

****ing Wilpons.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe the fans can dress up his statue outside the stadium with well wishes, jerseys, etc.

Oh wait....

****ing Wilpons.
    Yeah.

What a shame he couldn't be properly honored while he was still healthy enough to appreciate it, But good call, Paulie!!!! HBD Tom Terrific! You always made us proud. And damned, you would have loved to watch Jacob pitch!
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Did they ever put up the statue? I know there were all those operational issues for the past 30+ years where they couldn’t get in touch with Seaver because he was making wine

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Did they ever put up the statue? I know there were all those operational issues for the past 30+ years where they couldn’t get in touch with Seaver because he was making wine
    There's no statue yet but I think they announced plans are underway when they unveiled Tom Seaver Way at the 1969 Celebration last year. Inexcusable that it took this long. Tom Seaver Way and the Statue should have been there to greet the first fans entering Citi Field on Opening Day 2009. But our owners were too busy paying homage to their favorite team, the Dodgers.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    There's no statue yet but I think they announced plans are underway when they unveiled Tom Seaver Way at the 1969 Celebration last year. Inexcusable that it took this long. Tom Seaver Way and the Statue should have been there to greet the first fans entering Citi Field on Opening Day 2009. But our owners were too busy paying homage to their favorite team, the Dodgers.
    Well we must take into consideration how difficult it is to make a statue...think of all the questions involved
    What should the statue be? Oh wait, Seaver
    Where should the statue be? Oh wait, inside the stadium and with the right equipment, it can likely be moved
    What should the statue be made of? Oh so many options, that’s what must be taking so long

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Well we must take into consideration how difficult it is to make a statue...think of all the questions involved
    What should the statue be? Oh wait, Seaver
    Where should the statue be? Oh wait, inside the stadium and with the right equipment, it can likely be moved
    What should the statue be made of? Oh so many options, that’s what must be taking so long
    To be fair, it wasn't an easy decision. Before they ultimately decided on Seaver, they were considering the possibility of maybe a Danny Frisella statue.

To be fair, it wasn't an easy decision. Before they ultimately decided on Seaver, they were considering the possibility of maybe a Danny Frisella statue.
    Ah yes, tough decision
    Sad story
    Last edited by Larry M; 11-18-2019 at 10:42 AM.

I think I’m headed to East Rutherford for the Packers game this weekend. Any tips or advice on parking/food/must sees would be greatly appreciated. I am unfamiliar with the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    I think I’m headed to East Rutherford for the Packers game this weekend. Any tips or advice on parking/food/must sees would be greatly appreciated. I am unfamiliar with the area.

Park in the yellow lot if you have a parking pass, I usually park around J13, easy access to Route 3 and NJ Turnpike.

I love the Korean BBQ stand. I usually get the sliders. They are pretty damn good.

At the MetLife entrance, they have a spot open so you can see the game at ground level. They usually don't let you camp there however.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Park in the yellow lot if you have a parking pass, I usually park around J13, easy access to Route 3 and NJ Turnpike.

I love the Korean BBQ stand. I usually get the sliders. They are pretty damn good.

At the MetLife entrance, they have a spot open so you can see the game at ground level. They usually don't let you camp there however.
    Right on. Thanks friend.

Watched The Irishman with my GF on Netflix last night. Was one of the most insufferable 3 and a half hours i ever spent in my entire life. It was worse than watching Steve Trachsel pitch.

Amazing cast. Piss poor dialogue. Horrible job of storytelling. Terrible cinematography. Bad acting if that's even possible with that cast.

People rave about this movie. I don't get it. Hoffa and F.I.S.T. were far superior. This one was brutal.

Watched The Irishman with my GF on Netflix last night. Was one of the most insufferable 3 and a half hours i ever spent in my entire life. It was worse than watching Steve Trachsel pitch.

Amazing cast. Piss poor dialogue. Horrible job of storytelling. Terrible cinematography. Bad acting if that's even possible with that cast.

People rave about this movie. I don't get it. Hoffa and F.I.S.T. were far superior. This one was brutal.
    I got about halfway through last night, thought it was really good. I'll watch the rest tonight. I mean, it's not his best work, but it's still good. I like the cinematography so far, and I think the acting is solid. Pesci is quietly excellent. Bobby D is solid, though the digital de-aging makes some scenes jarring because even when his face makes him early middle-aged, he unmistakably moves like an elderly man. The scene outside of the bakery was particularly silly because of how incongruous his movements were with how old he was meant to be. But mostly the trick work, especially when he's standing still. We are not far now from a future where movies won't need actors anymore. We're that close.

Al Pacino is still, at 79 years old, a goddamned firecracker. Dude has energy for days. If nothing else, he gave his all to Jimmy Hoffa.

The pacing is rough, though. It's already a hard thing to pull off because there's so much hopping between periods, but there's no sense of momentum -- at points the main storyline just sort of lurches into the next point in time.

Not Scorsese at his best, but it's enjoyable and well-made. And novel for the technology being used.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I got about halfway through last night, thought it was really good. I'll watch the rest tonight. I mean, it's not his best work, but it's still good. I like the cinematography so far, and I think the acting is solid. Pesci is quietly excellent. Bobby D is solid, though the digital de-aging makes some scenes jarring because even when his face makes him early middle-aged, he unmistakably moves like an elderly man. The scene outside of the bakery was particularly silly because of how incongruous his movements were with how old he was meant to be. But mostly the trick work, especially when he's standing still. We are not far now from a future where movies won't need actors anymore. We're that close.

Al Pacino is still, at 79 years old, a goddamned firecracker. Dude has energy for days. If nothing else, he gave his all to Jimmy Hoffa.

The pacing is rough, though. It's already a hard thing to pull off because there's so much hopping between periods, but there's no sense of momentum -- at points the main storyline just sort of lurches into the next point in time.

Not Scorsese at his best, but it's enjoyable and well-made. And novel for the technology being used.
    I'm curious if you'll be equally impressed with the remaining hour and 45. Also, if it was so good, why did you stop watching? I would have ditched it half way through were i not watching with my GF. I was surprised to hear afterwards she hated it as much as I.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 11-28-2019 at 01:37 PM.