Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 2,041 to 2,047 of 2047
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    need toilet paper - will pay TOP dollar!
    I'll send you some Newsday papers. Its pretty much geared for use as TP.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    I know, it's easier to hate on poor people than it is to accept that our system is ****ed. Housing crisis? Poor people's fault, not the financial system that preyed on them and made billions from them. No, those people were just driven and smart!
    Right

Lenders certainly painted a rosey picture, but people signing up for 120% mortgage and playing the victim card is flat out BS. Both parties were wrong, nobody put a gun to anyoneís head and said ďbuy this fvcking house or Iím going to kill your familyĒ. Banks simply significantly lowered their standards and said Fvck it, you can buy anything you want even though thereís a high risk of default.

Heck, when I bought my place, the broker said Iíd be approved for 50% more (in 2010 when credit was tight), I said, nah Iím good

But I guess all my years of public schooling, being first generation born in the US, and having immigrant parents that worked low wage jobs afforded me the opportunity to not make foolish decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    You know nothing about what I did to make money, no luck involved( again the woo is me mentality).
    I'll give you some backround, I lost my dad at an early age and paid for my own College. Woth loans I paid back.
    I saved money for 3 years before I became a trader, nothing goven to me.
    I worked 14 hour days and never called in sick, onstead of wasting money on a wedding, we used money to buy a house and accrue equity

I didn't irresponsibley have more kids then I could handle, I built up a 401k from my first real job.
    These are not luck this is called hard work and starting from the bottom and moving up.
    You keep attacking me personally (which is fine but dont run to the mods when I come back at you).
    Larry feels the same don't see you going after him.
    I don't hate on poor people I hate the victim mentallity that is prevalent today.
    People make their own choices, having too many kids. Running up debt on credit cards, taking out ridiulous school loans all choices, the government isnt your daddy, take care of yourself and family, stop looking for handouts.
    Lets say they send out these checks for 1200 to each person, how many are blowing it on crap and next month looking for more.
    Ya know, I always ask myself, if I were 22 again, would I go work on Wall Street and make a killing for 10 years and retire. As nice as that sounds today, Iím donít think Iím cut out for it

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I totally understand why disinfectant and hand sanitizer are in such high demand but i never understood the panic for toilet paper whether during flu season, this virus, an incoming blizzard/hurricane. You can wipe your *** with anything if push came to shove.

And why would any business be that stupid to sell that many of one product to someone during a pandemic. Like WTF?
    What should they care. Quick sale!
    She's Ready for the Baseball Season...Are you?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

In disasters people care about 3 things.

1. Food

2. Shelter

3. Something to wipe their *** with.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    What should they care. Quick sale!
    Yeah but you're going to sell it anyways. Even if you put a small limit on individual customers, you'll still sell out. Give people access to the things they need.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Ya know, I always ask myself, if I were 22 again, would I go work on Wall Street and make a killing for 10 years and retire. As nice as that sounds today, Iím donít think Iím cut out for it
    I still work,inAZ, just not as hard as I used to.
    I could never just sit home, I'd go crazy