Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 200 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2993
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Gibby was a great one, my favorite non Mets player.
    Yeah, he was up there. They throw around words today like "battler" and "competitor" so often they become meaningless. Gibby was the real deal.

RIP EVH

2020 Sucks Balls!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

RIP EVH

2020 Sucks Balls!
    Saw that. An innovator and master of his craft when it comes to the electric guitar.

Joe Morgan passed away.
    Jesus **** balls

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Joe Morgan passed away.
    Jesus **** balls
    And Whitey Ford - six Hall of Famers.....in one year.....

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

So Clooney is directing a movie about a pitcher who kills a batter by hitting him. Anyways the fake pitcher is a Met and the fake player is a Cub.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So Clooney is directing a movie about a pitcher who kills a batter by hitting him. Anyways the fake pitcher is a Met and the fake player is a Cub.
    Typical.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Joe Benigno announced his retirement today. 25 years there. Good for him. I always thought Joe was a bit too dramatic but I appreciate his fandom. You knew he cared deeply about the Mets, Jets, Rangers and Knicks. Rumor is he's being replaced by Craig Carton. I am surprised he is getting a job back so quickly after the ponzi scheme and his time in prison. I am sure callers are going to roast the **** out of him for it regardless of how apologetic he might be on his first day back.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-28-2020 at 08:29 PM.

JBís last day is November 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Joe Benigno announced his retirement today. 25 years there. Good for him. I always thought Joe was a bit too dramatic but I appreciate his fandom. You knew he cared deeply about the Mets, Jets, Rangers and Knicks. Rumor is he's being replaced by Craig Carton. I am surprised he is getting a job back so quickly after the ponzi scheme and his time in prison. I am sure callers are going to roast the **** out of him for it regardless of how apologetic he might be on his first day back.
    I liked Joe and Evan as well. I hate that they're bringing back Carton. He's the reason I stopped listening to WFAN in the morning. Sometimes Boomer gets on my nerves but Carton was the worst. Gio is ok, not the greatest, but more of an upgrade over Carton. At least I can listen to the morning show. Carton will kill my ride home.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I liked Joe and Evan as well. I hate that they're bringing back Carton. He's the reason I stopped listening to WFAN in the morning. Sometimes Boomer gets on my nerves but Carton was the worst. Gio is ok, not the greatest, but more of an upgrade over Carton. At least I can listen to the morning show. Carton will kill my ride home.
    I loved JB, sad to hear him retiring. Hate Carton, heís a tool...guess I wonít be tuning in anymore

I canít stand Joe, self loathing miserable ***** who didnít really didnít understand sports. I remember when he was nothing more than a caller, who eventually became the overnight personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I loved JB, sad to hear him retiring. Hate Carton, heís a tool...guess I wonít be tuning in anymore
    Same here. Guess I'll be listening to ESPN radio on the way home.

I liked Joe until that sad *** rant against Beltran, after that I lost all respect and never listen again.

I canít stand Joe, self loathing miserable ***** who didnít really didnít understand sports. I remember when he was nothing more than a caller, who eventually became the overnight personality.
    Yeah I cringe sometimes when he talks about the Jets. You can see he doesn't always know what he is watching or what he is talking about. *****ing about Mims when he was hurt, complaining about the Adams trade, etc. To be fair though, he was dead on about how bad of a coach Gase would be.

They announced today that Carton is coming back. I guess it will be him and Evan in the afternoon.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-29-2020 at 12:48 PM.