Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2047
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    I agree 100 percent, and you seem to get it.
    I'm not saying that nobody should treat themselves if they can, my issue is with the folks living beyond their means and then looking for a handout
    You've got this incredibly stupid, completely false notion of the people who are struggling right now.

need toilet paper - will pay TOP dollar!
    She's Ready for the Baseball Season...Are you?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Call this lady.

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/...915048961?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You've got this incredibly stupid, completely false notion of the people who are struggling right now.
    My notion is a responsible adult should be able to absord a month with no salary and not be in need of a handout.
    You do this by living within your means, working and saving and sacraficing when needed.
    How does an adult man not even have a 40k they could access in a dire energency.
    Please enlighten me as to what I'm wrong about

Hey Paulie, it sucks even if the season does start at some point we miss them out here in May

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I totally understand why disinfectant and hand sanitizer are in such high demand but i never understood the panic for toilet paper whether during flu season, this virus, an incoming blizzard/hurricane. You can wipe your *** with anything if push came to shove.

And why would any business be that stupid to sell that many of one product to someone during a pandemic. Like WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Good one Sick!
    She's Ready for the Baseball Season...Are you?

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

My notion is a responsible adult should be able to absord a month with no salary and not be in need of a handout.
    You do this by living within your means, working and saving and sacraficing when needed.
    How does an adult man not even have a 40k they could access in a dire energency.
    Please enlighten me as to what I'm wrong about
    Not everyone can afford to save money. Most Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. Not everyone knows what a 401K is, let alone how to set one up, and these aren't the people working at a job that provides one. People who have high medical expenses, or who fell victim to predatory financial agencies like credit card companies, or who are tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars is in student loans, are ****ing buried in debt and can't afford to save in the way you're demanding (and probably don't do yourself, because it's always the ones first in line for the "hand outs" who are decrying them and ****-talking the others who need them).

Like always, like with literally everything else, you're embarrassingly wrong.

Not everyone can afford to save money. Most Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. Not everyone knows what a 401K is, let alone how to set one up, and these aren't the people working at a job that provides one. People who have high medical expenses, or who fell victim to predatory financial agencies like credit card companies, or who are tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars is in student loans, are ****ing buried in debt and can't afford to save in the way you're demanding (and probably don't do yourself, because it's always the ones first in line for the "hand outs" who are decrying them and ****-talking the others who need them).

Wow

I don't seem to be alone in my thinking, and you seem like another person nowadays playing the victim card.
    First off I practice what I preach and my financial situation is perfectly fine, not by some miracle but by living within my means, and if need be tightening the belt in tough times.
    Student loans and running up credit cards are choices, if you need credit cards for monthly expenses you are living wrong.
    Medical expenses like I've said previously are noones fault and those I feel bad for.
    I retired from my first career at 38, live now in Scottsdale,I'm fine.
    You know why, I always live within a budget

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Wow
    Yeah Larry it's the victim mentality these days, nothing is anyones fault

Are you serious?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I don't seem to be alone in my thinking, and you seem like another person nowadays playing the victim card.
    First off I practice what I preach and my financial situation is perfectly fine, not by some miracle but by living within my means, and if need be tightening the belt in tough times.
    Student loans and running up credit cards are choices, if you need credit cards for monthly expenses you are living wrong.
    Medical expenses like I've said previously are noones fault and those I feel bad for.
    I retired from my first career at 38, live now in Scottsdale,I'm fine.
    You know why, I always live within a budget
    Of course you're not alone: idiots are everywhere.

What we've established here is that you've been lucky, and probably had a lot of help along the way. Good for you. Not everyone has that kind of luck. I take from the vague comment about retiring from your first career young that you probably made quite a bit of money at it, and as a result haven't had to worry about money at all, and "living within your means" and "tightening your belt" probably means something much different to you than it does to, say, someone living in inner-city Detroit. So you "sacrifice" taking that vacation, whereas someone else may have to not buy their medicine, or skip a doctor's appointment even though they should go.

The guy who stumbled into financial security and retired to Arizona before forty has zero business telling other people how to live. You don't know what it's like, and not because you're better or more driven, certainly not because you're smarter, than anyone else. You're just more fortunate. You got lucky, so appreciate it and stop looking to blame everyone else for not having your dumb, blind luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Wow
    I know, it's easier to hate on poor people than it is to accept that our system is ****ed. Housing crisis? Poor people's fault, not the financial system that preyed on them and made billions from them. No, those people were just driven and smart!

Of course you're not alone: idiots are everywhere.

What we've established here is that you've been lucky, and probably had a lot of help along the way. Good for you. Not everyone has that kind of luck. I take from the vague comment about retiring from your first career young that you probably made quite a bit of money at it, and as a result haven't had to worry about money at all, and "living within your means" and "tightening your belt" probably means something much different to you than it does to, say, someone living in inner-city Detroit. So you "sacrifice" taking that vacation, whereas someone else may have to not buy their medicine, or skip a doctor's appointment even though they should go.

The guy who stumbled into financial security and retired to Arizona before forty has zero business telling other people how to live. You don't know what it's like, and not because you're better or more driven, certainly not because you're smarter, than anyone else. You're just more fortunate. You got lucky, so appreciate it and stop looking to blame everyone else for not having your dumb, blind luck.
    You know nothing about what I did to make money, no luck involved( again the woo is me mentality).
    I'll give you some backround, I lost my dad at an early age and paid for my own College. Woth loans I paid back.
    I saved money for 3 years before I became a trader, nothing goven to me.
    I worked 14 hour days and never called in sick, onstead of wasting money on a wedding, we used money to buy a house and accrue equity

I didn't irresponsibley have more kids then I could handle, I built up a 401k from my first real job.
    These are not luck this is called hard work and starting from the bottom and moving up.
    You keep attacking me personally (which is fine but dont run to the mods when I come back at you).
    Larry feels the same don't see you going after him.
    I don't hate on poor people I hate the victim mentallity that is prevalent today.
    People make their own choices, having too many kids. Running up debt on credit cards, taking out ridiulous school loans all choices, the government isnt your daddy, take care of yourself and family, stop looking for handouts.
    Lets say they send out these checks for 1200 to each person, how many are blowing it on crap and next month looking for more.