Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 176 of 196 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2930
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I was 41 when my youngest was born.
    so you’re telling me that there’s still hope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

That gives me 6 years. Perfect.

And congrats to you JoeGamer!

and I was 47.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    and I was 47.
    That gives me 12 years. Even better.

Nice! How's fatherhood, especially of young children, for this gentleman of a certain age?

Before my wife and I had our first son, a friend of a friend gave us this advice: when you have a first child, the parents play tag-team, when they have a second child, they go to a man-to-man defense, and if they have a third child, they go into a zone!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Nice! How's fatherhood, especially of young children, for this gentleman of a certain age?
    Greatest job I ever had. Create a time during the day where it is just you and you child, I put my children to sleep every night. Read books, sang songs and when they were infants I feed them and let them fall asleep in my arms. I miss that the most. Create a bond with her/him now, the dividends later on are huge.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

You basically have 12 years to be the major influence on them. Once they hit junior high school, they get pulled in all sorts of directions. So make the time in the near future.

Reading bedtime stories is really good, especially if they teach some good values.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    I'm not over 70 or affirmed.

The death rate for 2020 is not higher than the death rate for 2019.
    How can that be with 150k new supposed Covid deaths?
    Has everything else been cured?

The people like me are what keeps the economy running so that the people who hide under there bed like you can sit home asking for an extra 600 a week for unemployment or another 1200 check from the government.
    Again riots and looting good no virus spread, anything to stimulate the economy bad, the new mantra
    You happen to be correct on this. The liberals can't have it both ways. They can't hold massive protests in the middle of a pandemic and then pretend it didn't have a huge impact in spreading the virus.

Because it did.

But you said something silly, too, about how the virus has virtually no concern for kids. In fact, the science is now showing kids are actually more likely than adults to transfer the virus to others. So unless you're aware of some sort of Utopian society where kids live in a world entirely inhabited by other children, I'd say the virus is of tremendous concern to them.

Wouldn't you agree?

My question is why and how did something like a virus and the basic measure of preventing its spread become political? It's ridiculous.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You happen to be correct on this. The liberals can't have it both ways. They can't hold massive protests in the middle of a pandemic and then pretend it didn't have a huge impact in spreading the virus.

Because it did.

But you said something silly, too, about how the virus has virtually no concern for kids. In fact, the science is now showing kids are actually more likely than adults to transfer the virus to others. So unless you're aware of some sort of Utopian society where kids live in a world entirely inhabited by other children, I'd say the virus is of tremendous concern to them.

Wouldn't you agree?

My question is why and how did something like a virus and the basic measure of preventing its spread become political? It's ridiculous.
    I agree politicizing is ridiculous but it is, .

The data on schools being open all over the world shows virtually 0 risk.
    Nothing will ever have 0 risk for anything, the teachers need to go to work, sorry, they already work half a year so I have no sympathy.
    Either PM me or go off topic and I'll be happy to discuss politics with you.
    I'm trying to follow the rules.

Lol 0 risk.

Tell that to the teachers and school cafeteria lady’s and any adult that eventually will have contact with kids. How about kids that live with older adults perhaps their grand parents?

Just today we found out that in one school district in Georgia 260 were exposed on got Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lol 0 risk.

Tell that to the teachers and school cafeteria lady’s and any adult that eventually will have contact with kids. How about kids that live with older adults perhaps their grand parents?

Just today we found out that in one school district in Georgia 260 were exposed on got Covid.
    Many more kids die of Flu every year.

Kids are not transmitters it's in the data and science, I'm sure hundreds of thousands have been exposed it's irrelevant.
    The world can't shutdown because kids have Grandparents, sorry it can't.
    Were you worried about kids catching the Flu last year and infecting Grandparents.
    You can site outliers all you want look all over the world where schools have been ooen, they are fine.

Give me 1 example in world history where we shut in the healthy to protect the vulnerable.
    Kids need to be in school, sorry teachers have to work, just like supermarket people, Walmart, Home Depot, etc.

Lol

Always with the whatabouts.

I stopped reading after flu.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lol

Always with the whatabouts.

I stopped reading after flu.
    Yup. That's a specious argument that keeps being used. How can you really compare one thing we have decades of data on to something we have limited to no reliable data on yet. We don't really know yet the ultimate impact of Covid 19, and there are at best only emerging experts at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Yup. That's a specious argument that keeps being used. How can you really compare one thing we have decades of data on to something we have limited to no reliable data on yet. We don't really know yet the ultimate impact of Covid 19, and there are at best only emerging experts at this point.
    Exactly

And let’s not forget that was have something to battle the flu even if it does not work 100% of the time.

My favorite is when people compare it to heart disease or car accidents as if those things were contagious.