Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 181 of 197 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2947
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Going to try a little exercise here: Can you tell us in your own words the CDC-recommended rationale for the quarantine?
    Flattening the curve with a 2 week quarentine, so hospitals didn't get overun.
    Fact hospitals need to have around 85 to 90 percent ICU beds filled to stay in business, so the constant update about ICU capacity is more nonsense
    Not 6 months of shutdowns when there is a 99.4 recovery rate,
    The goalposts keep moving, flatten the curve, then need cases down, then need a vaccine.
    They say indoors is bad, but beaches are closed.
    They say no crowds but riots are ok.
    They no church because people are close and singing, but looters shoulder to shoulder yelling at police were ok
    Fauci says wear a mask, but sits in the stands with others at the Nat game talking maskless.
    Liquor stores can be open but AA is dangerous and forbidden.
    They say kids aren't transmitters but schools need to close

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Flattening the curve with a 2 week quarentine, so hospitals didn't get overun.
    Fact hospitals need to have around 85 to 90 percent ICU beds filled to stay in business, so the constant update about ICU capacity is more nonsense
    Not 6 months of shutdowns when there is a 99.4 recovery rate,
    The goalposts keep moving, flatten the curve, then need cases down, then need a vaccine.
    They say indoors is bad, but beaches are closed.
    They say no crowds but riots are ok.
    They no church because people are close and singing, but looters shoulder to shoulder yelling at police were ok
    Fauci says wear a mask, but sits in the stands with others at the Nat game talking maskless.
    Liquor stores can be open but AA is dangerous and forbidden.
    They say kids aren't transmitters but schools need to close
    I was asking for the rationale behind the strategy. In other words, can you tell me in your own words how the quarantine would flatten the curve?

How is this conversation still going on and what does it have to do with the NL East?

I was asking for the rationale behind the strategy. In other words, can you tell me in your own words how the quarantine would flatten the curve?
    By keeping people locked down for( supposedly 2 weeks on March) when they thought hospitals, particularly those in NY( thanks to Cuomo) might be overwelmed.
    Never was meant to drag onto Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    How is this conversation still going on and what does it have to do with the NL East?
    You are right.

How about the Mets signing Puig.
    They could use a good defender. He can hit, and will be motivated to play hard for a contract in 2021

You are right.

How about the Mets signing Puig.
    They could use a good defender. He can hit, and will be motivated to play hard for a contract in 2021
    Lol.

What does it say about me that I would rather talk about the virus than baseball?. I've really grown so apathetic with this team.

I dunno. Fourteen Marlins tested positive and they play in the NL East?

Which again raises the question Why is anyone playing? But I suppose all you have to do to answer that question is to look at all the Nike swooshes on all uniforms on the televised.games. See, as long as the swooshes are in full view, no one cares whether theyre real fans or cutouts sitting in the stands.

Sad.

By keeping people locked down for( supposedly 2 weeks on March) when they thought hospitals, particularly those in NY( thanks to Cuomo) might be overwelmed.
    Never was meant to drag onto Aug.
    The point i was trying to make was that they needed to quarantine healthy people for the first time in history because for the first time in history we were seeing a highly contagious and potentially deadly virus that often was asymptomatic.

Your error was in thinking asymptomatic means no illness. You get the virus, you exhibit no or minor symptoms, and then everything's ok!

But it's not. You weren't taking into account the untold number of asymptomatic number of people who were unwittingly passing the virus on to people who did end up getting sick, sometimes very sick. And since there was no practical way to know who had the freaking thing and who didn't, the only thing to do was to quarantine everyone. It was a once in a lifetime disaster. If entire country had only adhered to the quarantine back in March and April, it's quite likely we wouldn't still have the problems we're having how.

But we didn't and now we are. Meanwhile, folks like you can't wait to open up schools again just as Covid rates are rising again. What do you think will happen if we do that? Huh?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 08-04-2020 at 12:23 PM.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

The point i was trying to make was that they needed to quarantine healthy people for the first time in history because for the first time in history we were seeing a highly contagious and potentially deadly virus that often was asymptomatic.

Your error was in thinking asymptomatic means no illness. You get the virus, you exhibit no or minor symptoms, and then everything's ok!

But it's not. You weren't taking into account the untold number of asymptomatic number of people who were unwittingly passing the virus on to people who did end up getting sick, sometimes very sick. And since there was no practical way to know who had the freaking thing and who didn't, the only thing to do was to quarantine everyone. It was a once in a lifetime disaster. If entire country had only adhered to the quarantine back in March and April, it's quite likely we wouldn't still have the problems we're having how.

But we didn't and now we are. Meanwhile, folks like you can't wait to open up schools again just as Covid rates are rising again. What do you think will happen if we do that? Huh?
    How come we didn't lock down for H1N1?

I think nothing will happen opening up schools, just like nothing is happening all over the world where schools have either opened, or never closed.
    The virus will always be out there, are kids to never have school again?

I dunno. Fourteen Marlins tested positive and they play in the NL East?

Which again raises the question Why is anyone playing? But I suppose all you have to do to answer that question is to look at all the Nike swooshes on all uniforms on the televised.games. See, as long as the swooshes are in full view, no one cares whether theyre real fans or cutouts sitting in the stands.

Sad.
    I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I don't see anyone's minds being changed or even some new perspective being considered.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying, but I don't see anyone's minds being changed or even some new perspective being considered.
    You're a very, very wise man, Mr. Wiley. Respect must be paid.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

How come we didn't lock down for H1N1?

I think nothing will happen opening up schools, just like nothing is happening all over the world where schools have either opened, or never closed.
    The virus will always be out there, are kids to never have school again?
    Unlike Covid-19, HIN1 was not asymptomatic. If you had the virus you knew you had the virus and could take the necessary steps and precautions to get treated and to prevent spreading the virus.

You can't do that with Covid if you don't know you have it.

Unlike Covid-19, HIN1 was not asymptomatic. If you had the virus you knew you had the virus and could take the necessary steps and precautions to get treated and to prevent spreading the virus.

I know it's the virus so deadly 99.6 people recover from it, and you need a test to see if you have/ had it because you don't feel any worse.
    Shut everything down forever

After 80k people had H1N1, wouldn't have been safer to "protect the vulnerable" if we locked down.
    What if it was brought home and killed grandma.
    How come there weren't a constant barrage of updates for H1N1 every day?
    You could have come into contact with someone anywhere that had it and passed it along.
    How were schools allowed to stay open, and beaches

You're either incapable of processing simple information or choosing to be ignorant.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant