Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 191 of 196 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 2930
  1. #2851
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    A 6 year old died in Tennessee from corona, but **** em!

    Send em to school!
    profile of the family published by the*"TODAY Show"*noted that Gigi had hydrocephalus, epilepsy and autism.

    Keep trying Sick.

  2. #2852
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,136

    Off Topic Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    I respect you being a doc.
    My beef is with Spliff, he claims school opening causes mass death.
    I just wanted him to provide proof.
    He gave me an article of a teacher in AZ teaching online Summer School who died.
    He left off she had Lupus, Asthma. and Diabetes, plus overweight.
    You're a doc. Tell him what the real cause of death was. I don't think she caught Covid from students who were last in class March 7th
    Lots of people have health conditions. They don’t drop dead because they’re fat or have Lupus. The teacher who died was only 61. She had Lupus and probably needed to be on steroids and other drugs for years that caused diabetes - it’s common. Does that mean she deserves to die from Covid? What kind of thinking is this?

    Covid absolutely is killing many people who would not have otherwise simply died. I don’t know where you get your information on this but that is a hard medical fact backed in the literature.

    Also, along those lines, where is the decency in discussing young people who have died who also had some health condition? These are young people who died that did not have to - just like the daughter of that murderous nurse who took the poor kid to a “covid party”. Yes Covid killed them. Yes it was completely preventable.

    Regarding physicians and schools, of course we want schools open. But we are learning more and more about the risk to kids and from kids to teachers. And we live in a nation with the virus raging out of control in many areas. The true second wave is looming along with what is likely to be a bad flu season based on the strain.

    We are citizens of a nation. Where is the personal responsibility of our citizens to do their part to control the virus so our schools can safely reopen? Where is the commitment to the nation rather than to just selfish and immediate sled-interest? Instead of waving an American flag and screaming about “liberty” how about these people do their part and put on a mask while around others? Instead of going to parties and bars how about these people say “I can live without that for a while” so some other person doesn’t die for their callousness?


    Sean Doolittle said sports are the reward of a functioning society. The same applies to in person school and many other things.

    If you want schools to properly reopen, do your part to control the virus. If everyone did that we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GottaBelieve; 08-07-2020 at 08:03 AM.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  3. #2853
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Lots of people have health conditions. They don’t drop dead because they’re fat or have Lupus. The teacher who died was only 61. She had Lupus and probably needed to be on steroids and other drugs for years that caused diabetes - it’s common. Does that mean she deserves to die from Covid? What kind of thinking is this?

    Covid absolutely is killing many people who would not have otherwise simply died. I don’t know where you get your information on this but that is a hard medical fact backed in the literature.

    Also, along those lines, where is the decency in discussing young people who have died who also had some health condition? These are young people who died that did not have to - just like the daughter of that murderous nurse who took the poor kid to a “covid party”. Yes Covid killed them. Yes it was completely preventable.

    Regarding physicians and schools, of course we want schools open. But we are learning more and more about the risk to kids and from kids to teachers. And we live in a nation with the virus raging out of control in many areas. The true second wave is looming along with what is likely to be a bad flu season based on the strain.

    We are citizens of a nation. Where is the personal responsibility of our citizens to do their part to control the virus so our schools can safely reopen? Where is the commitment to the nation rather than to just selfish and immediate sled-interest? Instead of waving an American flag and screaming about “liberty” how about these people do their part and put on a mask while around others? Instead of going to parties and bars how about these people say “I can live without that for a while” so some other person doesn’t die for their callousness?


    Sean Doolittle said sports are the reward of a functioning society. The same applies to in person school and many other things.

    If you want schools to properly reopen, do your part to control the virus. If everyone did that we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear you and agree on most.

    You are doing the cop out that a lot of people use, I never said anyone deserved to die, I pointed out these were not healthy people who caught Covid and died, and yes healthy people do drop every day that's misleading
    It' s almost always so and so just died of Covid, then when you dig in you find out all the underlying conditions.
    Example Herman Cain, the stories leave off he had Stage 4 Colon Cancer.
    Will the death rate be completely off compared ro 2019? If all this deaths are really just Covid, than unless everything else has been cured the death rate must be way higher in 2020.

    Spliff was saying the teacher caught Covid teaching students in Summer School.
    Untrue she caught it somewhere but hadn't been around a live student in 3 months.

    As a doctor do you recommend a clothe mask worn over and over, and constantly being touched by the hands, because that's what 90 percent of people use.?

    As a doctor wouldn't the eyes being exposed counter whatever the cloth mask is blocking?
    As a doctor. Doesn't the science currently show the virus does not effect kids and that they are not carriers?

    I assume you are ok financially( as am I) but I ask ad a doctor do you take into account the mental toll this will have long term on people who will loose their life savings and business.

    What is the point where schools can safely open?
    The virus has a 99.6 recovery rate, nothing is ever 100percent.
    Vaccines are not elinating the virus, it will always be there.
    Do you recommend keeping schools closed for years? I'm curious.
    Last edited by Bandit999; 08-07-2020 at 09:55 AM.

  4. #2854
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    102,920
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Lots of people have health conditions. They don’t drop dead because they’re fat or have Lupus. The teacher who died was only 61. She had Lupus and probably needed to be on steroids and other drugs for years that caused diabetes - it’s common. Does that mean she deserves to die from Covid? What kind of thinking is this?

    Covid absolutely is killing many people who would not have otherwise simply died. I don’t know where you get your information on this but that is a hard medical fact backed in the literature.

    Also, along those lines, where is the decency in discussing young people who have died who also had some health condition? These are young people who died that did not have to - just like the daughter of that murderous nurse who took the poor kid to a “covid party”. Yes Covid killed them. Yes it was completely preventable.

    Regarding physicians and schools, of course we want schools open. But we are learning more and more about the risk to kids and from kids to teachers. And we live in a nation with the virus raging out of control in many areas. The true second wave is looming along with what is likely to be a bad flu season based on the strain.

    We are citizens of a nation. Where is the personal responsibility of our citizens to do their part to control the virus so our schools can safely reopen? Where is the commitment to the nation rather than to just selfish and immediate sled-interest? Instead of waving an American flag and screaming about “liberty” how about these people do their part and put on a mask while around others? Instead of going to parties and bars how about these people say “I can live without that for a while” so some other person doesn’t die for their callousness?


    Sean Doolittle said sports are the reward of a functioning society. The same applies to in person school and many other things.

    If you want schools to properly reopen, do your part to control the virus. If everyone did that we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But no people die everyday so **** em!

  5. #2855
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    But no people die everyday so **** em!
    Never said that.

    You keep digging for kid deaths as a gotcha, and you keep leaving pertinent details about said death out.
    I'm sure kids have died all over the world of varies maladies, doesn't mean school is killing them

  6. #2856
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    102,920

  7. #2857
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Lots of people have health conditions. They don’t drop dead because they’re fat or have Lupus. The teacher who died was only 61. She had Lupus and probably needed to be on steroids and other drugs for years that caused diabetes - it’s common. Does that mean she deserves to die from Covid? What kind of thinking is this?

    Covid absolutely is killing many people who would not have otherwise simply died. I don’t know where you get your information on this but that is a hard medical fact backed in the literature.

    Also, along those lines, where is the decency in discussing young people who have died who also had some health condition? These are young people who died that did not have to - just like the daughter of that murderous nurse who took the poor kid to a “covid party”. Yes Covid killed them. Yes it was completely preventable.

    Regarding physicians and schools, of course we want schools open. But we are learning more and more about the risk to kids and from kids to teachers. And we live in a nation with the virus raging out of control in many areas. The true second wave is looming along with what is likely to be a bad flu season based on the strain.

    We are citizens of a nation. Where is the personal responsibility of our citizens to do their part to control the virus so our schools can safely reopen? Where is the commitment to the nation rather than to just selfish and immediate sled-interest? Instead of waving an American flag and screaming about “liberty” how about these people do their part and put on a mask while around others? Instead of going to parties and bars how about these people say “I can live without that for a while” so some other person doesn’t die for their callousness?


    Sean Doolittle said sports are the reward of a functioning society. The same applies to in person school and many other things.

    If you want schools to properly reopen, do your part to control the virus. If everyone did that we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One more question, and I do appreciate your input.

    If this is so cut and dry about keeping schools closed why are there as many physicians who recommend opening as there are who want school closed.
    Are all the docs. who want open schools now wrong?

    I have 2 neighbors who are docs. one works at Mayo, the other Honor Health, and they are pro school.

    I'm just curious why the difference in the med. Community

  8. #2858
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Shea Stadium
    Posts
    783
    Everyone can get the virus and carry it. No one is 100% immune to it.

    Anyone of any age can get it and die from it.

    Anyone of any age can get it and recover from it.

    The virus does not discriminate.

    I wonder if i'm the only one who is not fully into the baseball season this year. I watch a game here and there, but not as much into it as previous years.

  9. #2859
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,136
    To suggest a person would have died anyway when the proximate cause of death was acute COVID infection is flat out ridiculous. I treat colon cancer daily. The median survival for stage 4 colon cancer is about 3 years. So yeah , Herman Cain died of COVID. Same is true for all these other people.

    By this argument no one dies of anything specifically because we all have a pre-existing condition called mortality. It’s a false idea that COVID isn’t the proximate and most direct cause of death for these people who would be otherwise alive today. That’s called a preventable death.

    With respect to masks, there is clear and convincing data that any mask reduces droplet transmission risk - and pretty significantly at that. It’s all relative with respect to efficacy as N-95 is better than surgical or cloth, but all are way better than nothing. It’s a good idea to wear a mask of any kind to reduce infection and transmission risk. Are the eyes a potential source of risk - maybe. But far less so than nasal-oral. Not having eye protection doesn’t mean you don’t wear a mask. It just means you have a nominally higher risk than someone with eye protection on as well. The risk from the eyes is real but quite small.

    With respect to school, no physician I know of is claiming it is a hard open or close situation. It’s all degrees of risk/benefit.

    I would say if the background risk of covid in any given area is very low (as defined by local health departments and data), the adherence to mask wearing full time by all students and teachers and staff is close to 100%, students can at all times be kept 6 feet apart or greater, and classes move in cohorts (no hallway mingling, staggered movement), then it’s safe to reopen. But all of these criteria must be met for truly safe reopening. If they can’t be met, then even if you open you will have to shut down very fast with clusters of cases.

    I hope this helps.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  10. #2860
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Shea Stadium
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post

    With respect to masks, there is clear and convincing data that any mask reduces droplet transmission risk

    And I believe this is what some others don't realize. It is, as you say, REDUCE, NOT prevent OR stop

  11. #2861
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    102,920
    A 7 year old in Georgia who had no underlying health issues died this week of corona, so yeah it only kills the unhealthy.

  12. #2862
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    A 7 year old in Georgia who had no underlying health issues died this week of corona, so yeah it only kills the unhealthy.
    An initial investigation suggests that the 7-year-old Savannah boy listed as the youngest Georgian to die from coronavirus had a fever-fueled seizure while in the bathtub and drowned, a local official told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

    Now we're counting people who drown with Covid, should we ban bathtubs too?

    Jesus Sick, watch the Met game tap out on this one.

  13. #2863
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    46,294
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    To suggest a person would have died anyway when the proximate cause of death was acute COVID infection is flat out ridiculous. I treat colon cancer daily. The median survival for stage 4 colon cancer is about 3 years. So yeah , Herman Cain died of COVID. Same is true for all these other people.

    By this argument no one dies of anything specifically because we all have a pre-existing condition called mortality. It’s a false idea that COVID isn’t the proximate and most direct cause of death for these people who would be otherwise alive today. That’s called a preventable death.

    With respect to masks, there is clear and convincing data that any mask reduces droplet transmission risk - and pretty significantly at that. It’s all relative with respect to efficacy as N-95 is better than surgical or cloth, but all are way better than nothing. It’s a good idea to wear a mask of any kind to reduce infection and transmission risk. Are the eyes a potential source of risk - maybe. But far less so than nasal-oral. Not having eye protection doesn’t mean you don’t wear a mask. It just means you have a nominally higher risk than someone with eye protection on as well. The risk from the eyes is real but quite small.

    With respect to school, no physician I know of is claiming it is a hard open or close situation. It’s all degrees of risk/benefit.

    I would say if the background risk of covid in any given area is very low (as defined by local health departments and data), the adherence to mask wearing full time by all students and teachers and staff is close to 100%, students can at all times be kept 6 feet apart or greater, and classes move in cohorts (no hallway mingling, staggered movement), then it’s safe to reopen. But all of these criteria must be met for truly safe reopening. If they can’t be met, then even if you open you will have to shut down very fast with clusters of cases.

    I hope this helps.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To paraphrase, people don't die of Covid-19 or any other reason. They die from death.

    Until a Democrat becomes President. Then everything changes.

    Carry on.

  14. #2864
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    231
    The joke among Multiple Myeloma patients is that the doctor says he has good news and bad news.

    The patient tells the doc to give him the bad news first. The doctor says eventually the patient is going to die.

    So the patient then asks for the good news. The doctor says the good news is that with some luck the patient may die from something other than the Myeloma.

  15. #2865
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    13,369
    I genuinely don't understand why anyone is trying to argue with this Hannity clone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •