Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 196 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2930
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Population density. New York City has probably 9 million people now. Texasí largest city has probably what? 2.5 million people? The virus spreads when people are in close proximity to one another, couple that with the fact that with such a large population that not everybody is going to be on the same page and yeah, bad decisions are really highlighted during a pandemic.

NYC is also arguably the travel center of the US, roughly 30 million people frequented JFK, 21 million Newark (yes, itís jersey) and about 15 million to LaGuardia in 2018. Even accounting for all of that, Texas and Florida have more cases than NY by over five fold, Arizona only recently went from 3k positive tests to 1000...Arizona as a state has less people than NYC alone.

Cmon man, use some critical thinking. This isnít as black and white as you make it seem.

Your giving individual cities, I'm giving state by state death.
    NY was awful, led by Cuomo's Nursing Home death march.

I see NY taking bows because after the riots, it's been irradicated.
    Just pointing out TX with more people, Cali, with more people, Fla with a similar population and older population, an AZ also many older folks combined have less deaths

Simple fact.

Judging by my Covid/School conversations, a lot of you guys don't like facts.
    Last edited by Bandit999; 08-06-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    Your giving individual cities, I'm giving state by state death.
    NY was awful, led by Cuomo's Nursing Home death march.

I see NY taking bows because after the riots, it's been irradicated.
    Just pointing out TX with more people, Cali, with more people, Fla with a similar population and older population, an AZ also many older folks combined have less deaths

Simple fact.

Judging by my Covid/School conversations, a lot of you guys don't like facts.
    Individual populations are irrelevant compared to density. 8 million people in a 300 square mile city in NYC. 7 million people are in a 100,000 square mile state in Arizona.

Thereís probably a thousand people living on my block, thereís probably ten or so living on yours. Not to mention how people are on top of each other in apartment complexes.

Yes, Arizona, Texas and Florida have a lower death rate. Thatís a fact but itís also a fact thatís being used out of context and disingenuously, considering how youíre ignoring all of the other factors at play (ie population density)

Whatís also a fact is that NY currently has less COVID cases than Texas, Florida, or Arizona. New York has stayed shut down...coincidence?
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Right on Bandit! Sweden has treated this as just another virus. No masks, no distancing. It's going away by itself.

https://www.westernjournal.com/looke...t-right-wrong/
    Sweden have more deaths/1M population than the U.S. and the 8th worst of any country in the world. Really cool article though; I especially knew it was legit when it intimated that this was all some sort of ruse to keep Donald Trump from being re-elected.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sweden have more deaths/1M population than the U.S. and the 8th worst of any country in the world. Really cool article though; I especially knew it was legit when it intimated that this was all some sort of ruse to keep Donald Trump from being re-elected.
    At least like you said previosly you have no political affiliation, your posts as usual are right down the middle.

I'm still waiting on that data showing schools open= death.

Individual populations are irrelevant compared to density. 8 million people in a 300 square mile city in NYC. 7 million people are in a 100,000 square mile state in Arizona.

Thereís probably a thousand people living on my block, thereís probably ten or so living on yours. Not to mention how people are on top of each other in apartment complexes.

Yes, Arizona, Texas and Florida have a lower death rate. Thatís a fact but itís also a fact thatís being used out of context and disingenuously, considering how youíre ignoring all of the other factors at play (ie population density)

Whatís also a fact is that NY currently has less COVID cases than Texas, Florida, or Arizona. New York has stayed shut down...coincidence?

Don't think you realize Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the country( I don't live there but it is)

How am I using the lower death rate out of context, it's fact.
    Your Governor is taking victory laps for 30k dead.

Hard to keep track of NY positive totals, they don't contract trace back to the looting, but it is a miracle, the positives only jump in Red Sates, and Cali.
    It must be the diligence on Astoria, and the Hamptons that lowering the rate

Don't think you realize Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the country( I don't live there but it is)

How am I using the lower death rate out of context, it's fact.
    Your Governor is taking victory laps for 30k dead.

Hard to keep track of NY positive totals, they don't contract trace back to the looting, but it is a miracle, the positives only jump in Red Sates, and Cali.
    It must be the diligence on Astoria, and the Hamptons that lowering the rate
    The red states tend to have more relaxed restrictions and don't require masks (even though they've shown to slow transmission significantly). When that happens, you're going to have more cases. California's cases have come down significantly since implementing the mandating of masks and shutting down non essential businesses again. There are methods to mitigate spread but many states are too worried that are infringing on people's "freedom". More American exceptionalism getting in the way of common sense.

Things like masks have become politicized and that's a problem, especially when we know wearing PPE slows the rate of transmission considerably. Its headed by an incompetent president who handled this awfully from the beginning. Right down from not advocating tests, to injecting lysol, to making up his own theories on when this pandemic will end, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The red states tend to have more relaxed restrictions and don't require masks (even though they've shown to slow transmission significantly). When that happens, you're going to have more cases. California's cases have come down significantly since implementing the mandating of masks and shutting down non essential businesses again. There are methods to mitigate spread but many states are too worried that are infringing on people's "freedom". More American exceptionalism getting in the way of common sense.

Things like masks have become politicized and that's a problem, especially when we know wearing PPE slows the rate of transmission considerably. Its headed by an incompetent president who handled this awfully from the beginning. Right down from not advocating tests, to injecting lysol, to making up his own theories on when this pandemic will end, etc.
    Every time I see a pic from NY, I'm seeing gatherings with no masks, and does this deadly virus not enter the eyes, or does a dirty cloth mask stop that in NY.
    The virus escaped a level 4 Germ Research plant, but a non N95 piece of cloth over your face is containing it.

Fauci had no mask at the Nats game in the stands.
    Trump had Fauci abd Birx up there since March, what didn't he listen to.
    In March Fauci said no masks, did he not?
    Cuomo said keep riding the subway
    Pelosi said it was a distraction and eveyone should go to Chinatown.
    Biden called the China travel ban racust.
    Cases spiked after mass looting and rioting and Dems cheered it.
    What should he have done?

Covid the virus so dealy over 99 percent survive, and most don't know they have/ had it because they feel fine.
    Last edited by Bandit999; 08-06-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Population density. New York City has probably 9 million people now. Texasí largest city has probably what? 2.5 million people? The virus spreads when people are in close proximity to one another, couple that with the fact that with such a large population that not everybody is going to be on the same page and yeah, bad decisions are really highlighted during a pandemic.

NYC is also arguably the travel center of the US, roughly 30 million people frequented JFK, 21 million Newark (yes, itís jersey) and about 15 million to LaGuardia in 2018. Even accounting for all of that, Texas and Florida have more cases than NY by over five fold, Arizona only recently went from 3k positive tests to 1000...Arizona as a state has less people than NYC alone.

Cmon man, use some critical thinking. This isnít as black and white as you make it seem.
    Critical thinking? Thatís asking too much.

Every time I see a pic from NY, I'm seeing gatherings with no masks, and does this deadly virus not enter the eyes, or does a dirty cloth mask stop that in NY.
    The virus escaped a level 4 Germ Research plant, but a non N95 piece of cloth over your face is containing it.

Fauci had no mask at the Nats game in the stands.
    Trump had Fauci abd Birx up there since March, what didn't he listen to.
    In March Fauci said no masks, did he not?
    Cuomo said keep riding the subway
    Pelosi said it was a distraction and eveyone should go to Chinatown.
    Biden called the China travel ban racust.
    Cases spiked after mass looting and rioting and Dems cheered it.
    What should he have done?

Covid the virus so dealy over 99 percent survive, and most don't know they have/ had it because they feel fine.
    Talk about straw men. Jeez. Anecdotal evidence isnt going to support your cause. Myself, Sick, Z, all live in the city and i can certainly attest to 99% of the people i see wear masks. I am sure they would tell you the same thing.

First of all, you have no idea where the virus came from. Secondly, yeah its an airborne illness that primarily affects your respiratory system so covering your nose and mouth is pretty essential in slowing the spread. Fauci has said recently that eye coverings will help as well.

This is a fluent situation dude. We learn more about the virus everyday. That doesnt mean you disregard the advice and warnings just because they didnt get everything correct from the beginning. Thats ludicrous. Where did you get your medical degree btw?
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-06-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Way too much.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Talk about straw men. Jeez. Anecdotal evidence isnt going to support your cause. Myself, Sick, Z, all live in the city and i can certainly attest to 99% of the people i see wear masks. I am sure they would tell you the same thing.

First of all, you have no idea where the virus came from. Secondly, yeah its an airborne illness that primarily affects your respiratory system so covering your nose and mouth is pretty essential in slowing the spread. Fauci has said recently that eye coverings will help as well.

This is a fluent situation dude. We learn more about the virus everyday. That doesnt mean you disregard the advice and warnings just because they didnt get everything correct from the beginning. Thats ludicrous. Where did you get your medical degree btw?
    I didn't say disregard the advice, I said Trump took Fauci and Birx advice at the time.
    Some things they said were wrong, it's not Trumps fault, he listened to Fauci in March say no masks.
    Don't need to be a doc ro know a piece of cloth isn'rmt doing anything, much less a dirty piece of cloth being touched over and over.
    The eyes are easier transmitters than the mouth, if you've been walking around with mo eye cover than you are expossed.
    The only thing new I've learned about the virus since June is gathering by the thousands to yell, sweat , stand shoulder to shoulder, and loot for weeks is ok, but Church, parties, 3 people in an isle in Target, the beach, or any pro work protest will transmit

2 weeks ago they had AZ as the epicenter of the virus worldwide, 2 weeks later Birx is saying it's the example to follow.
    You don't see something off on one of these
    Last edited by Bandit999; 08-06-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You have any more teen Covid death revelations?

I didn't say disregard the advice, I said Trump took Fauci and Birx advice at the time.
    Some things they said were wrong, it's not Trumps fault, he listened to Fauci in March say no masks.
    Don't need to be a doc ro know a piece of cloth isn'rmt doing anything, much less a dirty piece of cloth being touched over and over.
    The eyes are easier transmitters than the mouth, if you've been walking around with mo eye cover than you are expossed.
    The only thing new I've learned about the virus since June is gathering by the thousands to yell, sweat , stand shoulder to shoulder, and loot for weeks is ok, but Church, parties, 3 people in an isle in Target, the beach, or any pro work protest will transmit

2 weeks ago they had AZ as the epicenter of the virus worldwide, 2 weeks later Birx is saying it's the example to follow.
    You don't see something off on one of these
    Yes and as we learn more about the virus, we understand how contagious it is and the proper precautions to fight against it. Wearing masks should not be political. It clearly works as evidence by the numbers trending down in states that made it mandatory and or strongly encouraged it.

Look at the drops in California for example since the governor made mask mandatory and shut down businesses. They went from over 12000 new cases on July 22nd to just over 4000 cases today. Do you think thats coincidental? Its not but keep living in whatever reality tells you otherwise.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-06-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Yes and as we learn more about this virus, we understand how contagious it is and the proper precautions to fight against it. Wearing masks should not be political. It clearly works as evidence by the numbers trending down in states that made it mandatory and or strongly encouraged it.

Look at the drops in California for example since the governor made mask mandatory and shut down businesses. They went from over 12000 cases on July 22nd to just over 4000 cases today. Do you think thats coincidental? Its not but keep living in whatever reality tells you otherwise.
    Last I checked (given it was a week or so ago), people in California were testing at a 4% positive rate, while people in Arizona were testing at a 30% positive rate.

Ask Bandit though and he'll tell you that AZ is doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Last I checked (given it was a week or so ago), people in California were testing at a 4% positive rate, while people in Arizona were testing at a 30% positive rate.

Ask Bandit though and he'll tell you that AZ is doing just fine.
    Jesus you are clueless.
    Don't ask me go to CNN, Fauci and Birx are lauding AZ and calling it the model to follow.
    Seriously do you even check things out before you post,
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day, Spliff is never right.