• George Mikan

0 0%
  • Bob Petit

0 0%
  • Jason Kidd

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

PSD NBA All-Time Player Power Rankings: #16

Hmmm so we are placing drob despite not winning?

Honestly I think kg is better than drob and they are pretty similar. Not sure how he wouldn't go here to people who voted drob already...

PSD NBA All-Time Player Power Rankings: #16

Oscar Robertson and David Robinson took the 14th and 15th spots, respectively, last round. This round, I added Bob Petit and Jason Kidd, ranked 34th and 35th, respectively, by ESPN's #NBArank. Voting lasts two days.

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    3. Lebron James
    4. Wilt Chamberlain
    5. Tim Duncan
    6. Shaquille O'Neal
    7. Magic Johnson
    8. Larry Bird
    9. Hakeem Olajuwon
    10. Bill Russell
    11. Kobe Bryant
    12. Moses Malone
    13. Jerry West
    14. Oscar Robertson
    15. David Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Honestly I think kg is better than drob and they are pretty similar. Not sure how he wouldn't go here to people who voted drob already...
    I already said whoever came in second in the tiebreaker would be 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post

I mean it's fine, I am just saying.

With drob off the board I really don't see how kg doesn't go ASAP. They have similar flaws etc with drops in individual post season play but kg probably had less help and when it comes to stats like rapm kg only falls behind only lebron (not even Duncan) since 2000.

I don't think drob should be quite this early but him going makes it very hard for me to not see kg as the obvious choice here.

Eww Robinson at 15 is gross. Lol

Leaning KG or D-Wade here, trying to talk myself into Dirk.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...jkk/edit#gid=0

RAPM link over a 15 year period but no djustment to age (so Shaq is like 13 on the list but it doesn't account for half the time being end of his career). Same way KG is 2nd on the list without similar consideration post knee injury (09), he was just that impactful individually even afterwards yet he is still right behind Lebron.

Like Drob KG has DPOY and MVP awards and like was mentioned he was in a worse position even in comparison (Twolves have quite literally never made the playoffs without KG). 5 more all star appearances. Won a title as the best player while Drob had TD outperforming. On/off numbers help show KG's dominance and clear lack of help in comparison.

I mean it's fine, I am just saying.

With drob off the board I really don't see how kg doesn't go ASAP. They have similar flaws etc with drops in individual post season play but kg probably had less help and when it comes to stats like rapm kg only falls behind only lebron (not even Duncan) since 2000.

I don't think drob should be quite this early but him going makes it very hard for me to not see kg as the obvious choice here.
    Agreed. Kgs viable if Drob is the standard. Very similar flaws in their face up oriented style in eras with the most dominant post up bigs. Both would be better off today, maybe idk rambling at this point.

Going wade cuz he's the only guy you could say if he remained even abit healthy, could have vaulted into the true upper echelon. For now he has to settle for having one of the most dominant rs and ps, certainly greater than drob n kg for the simple reason he had superstar traits

Ya wade doesn't hold up to me here due to overall resume. Like I do agree peak wade could easily be argued best and he definitely had 2006 post season over others.

In the end though he spent a lot of his time injured/as a 2nd fiddle that wasn't really overacheiving. I mean KG had the knee injury but that RAPM, on/off, and his overall numbers still imply a pretty major impact over a very long time. Wade might have peaked slightly over that in an overall sense but KG's dominance defensively and amount of time providing top level impact put him over the top here imo. Both won 1 as the best player for their team and while Wade's was far more impressive so is KG's overall resume. KG probably is the most affected all time by his poor supporting casts in MN to be honest and I think that is actually kinda why the RAPM and on/off numbers are so drastic. I could argue him higher up on the all time list if I focused on those types of stats but I won't completely go overboard because I do understand lack of help is likely a big reason for that (but imo should then be accounted for elsewhere on his resume in context, playoff numbers specifically). Like is it coincidence in the middle of his prime Kobes stats dropped in the playoffs or could it just happen to be one of like 2 years in the playoffs he didn't have alot of help? I feel like that type of context really is ignored by many and KG gets hurt the most because of it while his individual impact was huge. Flip had a pretty bad system designed for taking what defenses give (long range 2's) and very often tried weird zones etc to get Kg at point of attack (like against Nash when we played Dallas etc). If we had a normal amount of championship level talent it could have been different but as an individual KG provided so much. His offense left a little too much to be in the top tier but I mean we were propping up Bill Russell offensively haha so I feel like he has plenty still on that end in comparison with the elite defense to where he is the choice here.

Wade this early is intriguing to me but honestly I think I would put Dirk first. I am totally down with Wade soon though and over Malone (maybe barkley, I will definitely hear that one out, seems like a really good discussion tbh).

I went with Barkley here. I just think he was a better performer at his peak than Garnett, and his prime lasted longer than Wade's. But between Barkley, Garnett, Wade, Dr. J or Dirk, I don't think there's a wrong answer here. The next 5-10 spots are all so hard to determine, and there's a strong case to be made for so many guys. Hell, you could make a decent case for Durant or Curry at this point if you were inclined to do so.

To be honest, I wasn't even going to go Wade this early but I have a hard time convincing myself West Oscar and DRob were better.

I have Wade KG and Dirk in the same tier pretty much, with Wade leading the way. Wade is a guy you can rely on to literally put your team on your back and carry them to a championship. I mean down 0-2 and then in game 3 down 13 with 6 minutes left and he said "I'm not going out like this" and just took the fick over in a way we've never seen. 2nd best finals performance ever behind LeBron in 2016.

This guy was neck and neck and some even believed, the best player in the world at a time where we had prime LeBron and Kobe. The only thing stopping him from having an MVP was his shoulder injury in the 06-07 season about 50 games in where he was running away with it. Hell, that injury could've cost him another championship. He was averaging 29-5-8-2-1 on 50% shooting pre injury.

He destroyed Dirk in one finals and outplayed him as well in 2011. He's made KG his ***** so many times. Barkley never won.

Give me the guy who's going to get me to the big stage and dominate on the biggest stage in the biggest moments. Peak Wade is the closest thing we've seen to Jordan.

going Dirk here but Robinson at 15? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by WaDe03 View Post
    To be honest, I wasn't even going to go Wade this early but I have a hard time convincing myself West Oscar and DRob were better.

I have Wade KG and Dirk in the same tier pretty much, with Wade leading the way. Wade is a guy you can rely on to literally put your team on your back and carry them to a championship. I mean down 0-2 and then in game 3 down 13 with 6 minutes left and he said "I'm not going out like this" and just took the fick over in a way we've never seen. 2nd best finals performance ever behind LeBron in 2016.

This guy was neck and neck and some even believed, the best player in the world at a time where we had prime LeBron and Kobe. The only thing stopping him from having an MVP was his shoulder injury in the 06-07 season about 50 games in where he was running away with it. Hell, that injury could've cost him another championship. He was averaging 29-5-8-2-1 on 50% shooting pre injury.

He destroyed Dirk in one finals and outplayed him as well in 2011. He's made KG his ***** so many times. Barkley never won.

Give me the guy who's going to get me to the big stage and dominate on the biggest stage in the biggest moments. Peak Wade is the closest thing we've seen to Jordan.
    So you'd want Dirk or Barkley to get you there then for wade to takeover?

Quote Originally Posted by YAALREADYKNO View Post
    So you'd want Dirk or Barkley to get you there then for wade to takeover?
    No I'd want to get me there like he did, then **** all over the opposing team for a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee:31970920

Dumb decision. Drob would not have won 15th.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast