Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I get your point completely but it's still absolutely reckless behavior. A good buddy of mine became a Xanax monster years ago. He'd surprise you on some days with how well he can hold himself together but I will NEVER get in a motor vehicle with him regardless. Dude mashes like a dozen Xanax, handful of mushrooms, countless beers, and tons of coke basically every day. If I tried to do the same, I'd be passed out within an hour and either in need of medical assistance or dead.
    I'm amazed this guy is able to function right now.

I get your point completely but it's still absolutely reckless behavior. A good buddy of mine became a Xanax monster years ago. He'd surprise you on some days with how well he can hold himself together but I will NEVER get in a motor vehicle with him regardless. Dude mashes like a dozen Xanax, handful of mushrooms, countless beers, and tons of coke basically every day. If I tried to do the same, I'd be passed out within an hour and either in need of medical assistance or dead.
    For sure, I was just trying to provide some perspective, I guess.

Iíve had some friends go down the same route, namely with Xanax, coke, and surprisingly heroin. Iíve had friends OD and die off of all three of those drugs. One of my buddies sent a Snapchat of a ****ing Scarface esque mountain of coke right before we heard about his passing.

I can sit down and smoke an 8th to the face no problem but weed is different from everything else. I almost never drink but I can drink pretty heavy for a guy whoís considered a walking bean pole. Everybody handles things differently and thatís mainly due to their genetics but youíre absolutely right about some days being better than others. I think Doc was used to taking these sorts of cocktails but it hit him harder than usual on that day. Or he couldíve had a depressive episode and intentionally crashed his plane...thereís no way to know, all we can do is speculate based off the information provided.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    You're telling me. It's sad and concerning.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

The tolerance you can develop to stuff is insane. I've never weighed more than about 150-155, and I bet during my years of 24/7 binge drinking days I could've out drank just about anyone.
    Yet anytime I've ever taken just 1 or 2 small hits of weed, I was a vegetable for the next several hours. Completely unable to function even the slightest bit. Even just trying to pick up a glass of water was impossible.
    Our bodies are really amazing how everyone can react differently to different things.

You just sound desperate to not tarnish the name of an athlete you look up to. I mean come on: do you really think taking ten times the therapeutic level of an amphetamine is NOT going to impair you?
    Nah man, it has nothing to do with him being an athlete. I'm just against criticizing the dead when they made a mistake is all. I've had an experience with a friend who died in a very stupid way. The fallout was people criticizing his actions which only caused more hurt and pain for those who cared about him.

I don't know if it's not going to impair you and I don't know if it will either. I don't even know what 10x the recommended amount is. I have a friend who's hooked on Adderrall and claims to take 3 or 4 when he's pulling all nighters. I also had my fun with meth amphetamines in my early 20's. The more frequent the use, the lesser the effect.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Well I take the same medication and when I accidentally take my dose twice (like every once in a while I might take it first thing in the morning and fall back asleep and be unsure when I wake up if I already had it or not) I am flying high as a kite as well as get a massive migraine. If he had 5 times what I've taken (on those occasions) he is lucky he could function in any capacity.

What I can tell you with almost 100% certainty is if he could tolerate a dose that high he was surely abusing them regularly.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Yup, if he's a regular user/abuser then his tolerance is way higher than normal. Not to mention he's a massive human being.

Amphetamines do that to you eh?
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nah man, it has nothing to do with him being an athlete. I'm just against criticizing the dead when they made a mistake is all. I've had an experience with a friend who died in a very stupid way. The fallout was people criticizing his actions which only caused more hurt and pain for those who cared about him.

I don't know if it's not going to impair you and I don't know if it will either. I don't even know what 10x the recommended amount is. I have a friend who's hooked on Adderrall and claims to take 3 or 4 when he's pulling all nighters. I also had my fun with meth amphetamines in my early 20's. The more frequent the use, the lesser the effect.
    I'm aware of how tolerances are built and don't think that having the truth told about what happened with Halladay is akin to criticizing him.

Dude ****ed up. We all **** up in life from time to time but thankfully not all of these **** ups lead to death.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

it depends on the person... my big sister was 400 pounds and 6 foot 2.. she is a hella junkie... to get high she would need to take 24 perks at a time including zanax etc.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    it depends on the person... my big sister was 400 pounds and 6 foot 2.. she is a hella junkie... to get high she would need to take 24 perks at a time including zanax etc.
    Yup. My sister, same thing. Over 100 T3s in 24 hours. Hospital trip sure, but she survived and functioned decently for the first 18 hours or so.

I'm aware of how tolerances are built and don't think that having the truth told about what happened with Halladay is akin to criticizing him.

Dude ****ed up. We all **** up in life from time to time but thankfully not all of these **** ups lead to death.
    Honestly, how many of us have done worse and lived to tell the tale? In my early 20's, that would have been a Friday night for me and the boys.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Honestly, how many of us have done worse and lived to tell the tale? In my early 20's, that would have been a Friday night for me and the boys.
    I know I've never gotten behind the wheel of an airplane while extremely doped up on pharmaceuticals. But yeah, of course a good many of us have gotten ****ed up and done stupid **** in some sort of way.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    My wife has an Adderall prescription. I have taken them (one pill at most, usually only 1/2) before if I need the extra focus, energy, whatever it may be. They work great other than the fact that if I take one any later than about lunch time it keeps me up all night.
    If I took 10 of them I'd likely die of a heart attack. But no, 10x the recommended dose is fine.
    Well did u enjoy taking speed, because thatís basically what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NJBASEBALL22 View Post
    Well did u enjoy taking speed, because thatís basically what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean they work really well for sure. Wouldn't ever feel like I needed it on a daily basis but on a random day or 2 per month when I wake up dead tired it helps.

https://twitter.com/MLByahoosports/s...tb0GnwWoNCAAbc

May 29th we'll finally get a real look at all this.
    HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW?

Predictable considering how things turned out but what a sad, eye-opening read.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...pain-addiction

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast