Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    I almost think with the short week after, waiting until Thanksgiving to start Teddy would be almost predestined (as thankful as he was yesterday just to be in uniform and active with his teammates, imagine when he's taking the field). That way he's not coming off his first game action in 2 yrs on only 3 days recovery time.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Or... He is a backup quality QB admirably filling and doing his job best he can. Nikes are riding a hot hand that quite honestly is destined to be luke warm.

Love the fight from the Vikes today in all three phases. I think its always tough when the opposing team plays with a win at all cost attitude and goes for 4th down the entire game.

Hope We can get Griffin, Rhodes, and Remmers back healthy next week and keep this train rollin against LA.

SKol
    Keenum is a fantastic back up, he is better than a lot of teams whom have only back up quality qbs to rely on. Does that make him a starter quality qb? Hmmm, maybe, maybe we hold qbs to too high of standards. Either way, Keenum is a great back up-mediocre starter. Bridge water is a quality starter. When he is ready, he is our qb. Little to no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I almost think with the short week after, waiting until Thanksgiving to start Teddy would be almost predestined (as thankful as he was yesterday just to be in uniform and active with his teammates, imagine when he's taking the field). That way he's not coming off his first game action in 2 yrs on only 3 days recovery time.
    Excellent point.

Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    To quote Dr. Cox, worn wrong wrong wrong, wrorg wrong wrong wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong. As good as this offense looked with Case in, it would have looked even better with Bradford under center.
    Opinion based on your own personal beliefs. Facts prove otherwise, besides, how can you build around a player that is held together by chewing gum and duck tape?

Quote Originally Posted by PickleRick View Post
    Opinion based on your own personal beliefs. Facts prove otherwise, besides, how can you build around a player that is held together by chewing gum and duck tape?
    Arm talent alone Sam is one of the best in the league. But if you want to win games Case easily is better then Sam and I think we know why. Our OL is better no doubt but Case is taking a sack 1.9% compared to 10% for Sam (limited time obviously but its been like this for Sam in his entire career). It's not like our OL is great, they are still average but Case is making them look really good.

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

I completely agree. Our line is no doubt much improved, but I think Case is helping them out a ton with his ability to move around and get the ball out quick.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Haha, watching this gave me chills. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

My only issue with waiting till the Thanksgiving game is that the Lions game is arguably a much more important game than the Rams.

Of course the Vikings want to win against the Rams and continue climbing in the NFC but the game against the Lions has bigger NFC North division implications. I would rather start Teddy at home and make sure he is able against the Rams than a game that could secure the NFC North on the road.

Really no situation is ideal this late in the Season but I would rather see him trott out in front of the home crowd then in hostile territory. IF Teddy starts against the Rams and struggles, it may make sense to bring Case back in on the short week vs Lions. But that wouldn't be ideal if they start swapping back and forth.

I trust the coaches to make the right decision at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    My only issue with waiting till the Thanksgiving game is that the Lions game is arguably a much more important game than the Rams.

Of course the Vikings want to win against the Rams and continue climbing in the NFC but the game against the Lions has bigger NFC North division implications. I would rather start Teddy at home and make sure he is able against the Rams than a game that could secure the NFC North on the road.

Really no situation is ideal this late in the Season but I would rather see him trott out in front of the home crowd then in hostile territory. IF Teddy starts against the Rams and struggles, it may make sense to bring Case back in on the short week vs Lions. But that wouldn't be ideal if they start swapping back and forth.

I trust the coaches to make the right decision at this point.
    Exactly, get Teddy out in front of his home crowd and see if hes still got some magic. Also, part of me feels that Case is producing well because of the offensive scheme. Shurmur seems to be a fantastic OC. If you look at Case's career numbers, this year is an anomaly. Still, as long as we keep winning, things are looking up!
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Exactly, get Teddy out in front of his home crowd and see if hes still got some magic. Also, part of me feels that Case is producing well because of the offensive scheme. Shurmur seems to be a fantastic OC. If you look at Case's career numbers, this year is an anomaly. Still, as long as we keep winning, things are looking up!
    He is only producing cause he is in a good offense with good players around him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

I have to give it to Shurmer too, I wasn't overly hyped about him. I feel like I always could predict norv's plays as could many others and it was so conservative (not to mention not realizing our weaknesses like oline and changing/adjusting a ton imo).

This offense has a totally different feel to it, don't know what is coming next. You can point to that individual play at the goal line passing to morgan as just an idea of being a little creative. Just an excellent overall job of mixing things up and finding ways to get all our guys open in space. Oline is probably helped out when the dline isn't quite sure if it's run/pass and what they have to be doing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I have to give it to Shurmer too, I wasn't overly hyped about him. I feel like I always could predict norv's plays as could many others and it was so conservative (not to mention not realizing our weaknesses like oline and changing/adjusting a ton imo).

This offense has a totally different feel to it, don't know what is coming next. You can point to that individual play at the goal line passing to morgan as just an idea of being a little creative. Just an excellent overall job of mixing things up and finding ways to get all our guys open in space. Oline is probably helped out when the dline isn't quite sure if it's run/pass and what they have to be doing etc.
    Still somewhat predictable, every 2nd down is a run up the middle.

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Still somewhat predictable, every 2nd down is a run up the middle.

Honestly, I think our most predictable play is the PA rollout quick pass to Rudy in the flat. That's why that play almost got pick 6ed on Sunday. But otherwise, our offense is a ton of fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Honestly, I think our most predictable play is the PA rollout quick pass to Rudy in the flat. That's why that play almost got pick 6ed on Sunday. But otherwise, our offense is a ton of fun to watch.
    Yeah I'd like to see Rudolph do an out and up there

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011