Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Coach

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I only said Pioli because he was running for the job when Reese bc GM. I honestly know nothing about the guy. But if we hire Pioli I'm just positive he'll bring in McDaniels
    Here is this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...LBAj8e&ampcf=1

And then there is this: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...46Zfxn&ampcf=1

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    Great offensive mind, though. I will give him that.
    Yeah, maybe he's like Wade or Norv; just better off in the coordinator role for life.

This is if the Giants wanted to open up the wallet... and Have a Genie lamp
    General Manager: Eric Decosta (Assistant General Manager Baltimore)

Head Coach: Matt Patricia( Fan of his coaching has eli for 2 yrs, with the Staff below he isnt overwhelmed)
    or
    Head Coach: David Shaw(Stanford Head Coach)
    The Staff:
    Assistant Head Coach: Spags (Only way i could think to keep spags..Bias 1000% he gets more done with less)
    Defensive Coordinator: Pepper Johnson (Once a Giant Always a Giant has worked with Patricia)
    Offensive Coordinator: Chip Kelly (He could scheme so many mismatches with Odell/Shep/Ingram/Veren)
    Special Teams Coordinator: Sean Snyder (Associate Head Coach&Special Teams Coordinator @ K-State)

But the Giants will probably promote
    Marc Ross... to GM

Quote Originally Posted by Bburns View Post

Head Coach: Matt Patricia( Fan of his coaching has eli for 2 yrs, with the Staff below he isnt overwhelmed)
    or
    The Staff:
    Assistant Head Coach: Spags (Only way i could think to keep spags..Bias 1000% he gets more done with less)
    Defensive Coordinator: Pepper Johnson (Once a Giant Always a Giant has worked with Patricia)
    Offensive Coordinator: Chip Kelly (He could scheme so many mismatches with Odell/Shep/Ingram/Veren)
    Special Teams Coordinator: Sean Snyder (Associate Head Coach&Special Teams Coordinator @ K-State)

Marc Ross... to GM
    Chip Kelley belongs as a HC in College . He can build a winning program anywhere

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    I think Saban would be perfect for the Giants if we could convince him to leave Alabama after this last national championship he wins.

If I see Chip Kelly on the Giants sidelines I think I'll throw up.

Pepper Johnson deserves a HC shot. Not with us though

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Chip Kelley belongs as a HC in College . He can build a winning program anywhere
    I think he really wants to be a HC in the NFL.
    So if he came to NYG as an OC and gives Eli some inflated stats he'll get more looks for a Job

Wtf??

James Kratch‏ Verified account
    @JamesKratch

The #Giants just released a statement from John Mara and Steve Tisch saying Ben McAdoo is their head coach, has their support and indicates no in-season changes will occur.

3:52 PM - 13 Nov 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ohbilly2134 View Post
    Wtf??

James Kratch‏ Verified account
    @JamesKratch

The #Giants just released a statement from John Mara and Steve Tisch saying Ben McAdoo is their head coach, has their support and indicates no in-season changes will occur.

3:52 PM - 13 Nov 2017
    This is the first time I've ever wanted to turn my back on this team. Between the blatant offensive line neglect at a time when your franchise QB (who has given you everything, including two SB MVPs) is winding down his career AND completely ignoring the very apparent failure at the HC position......I mean come on.

or
    The Staff:

Marc Ross... to GM
    I would bet that Patricia is in NE for life. Waiting for BB to retire and then he takes over and they don't miss a beat.

or
    The Staff:

Marc Ross... to GM
    If I had a genie lamp and a wallet lined with cash I would ask for permission to interview Belichick and try to convince him to come on over as the GM/VP of football ops and give him free reign over all football matters. I'm assuming that this would be considered a promotion so no need to compensate the Patriots, but I don't know how that crap works.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This is the first time I've ever wanted to turn my back on this team. Between the blatant offensive line neglect at a time when your franchise QB (who has given you everything, including two SB MVPs) is winding down his career AND completely ignoring the very apparent failure at the HC position......I mean come on.

I would bet that Patricia is in NE for life. Waiting for BB to retire and then he takes over and they don't miss a beat.
    I need someone to enlighten me with regards to Patricia. The belichick coaching tree is full of misses. For every Nick saban, you have 10 Manginis. The list is fairly long with failures: McDaniels, mangini, Weiss, Romeo. Mangini was probably just as hot as Patricia, maybe even hotter and we all know how that turned out.

My preference would be an experienced HC. We tried the whole rookie HC and it hasn't worked out.

I’m usually not a proponent of in season firings because they don’t accomplish much. But to not make serious moves now is basically telling giants fans to tune out the last 6 games and to check back in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

I do not think that the Giants will hire someone who has had no head coaching experience, based on MacAdoo's performance. They hit the jackpot with Parcells but other than that no one without head coaching experience has worked out. for the Giants.

Urban Meyer , if he would leave Ohio State could be an interesting choice , althgough successful college coaches have not fared well, ( see Steve Spurrier and Chip Kelley ) with the exception of Pete Carroll and that was after a disaster as a head NFL Coach with The Jets.

Upon further thought , I believe Parcells was a head cioach at the Air Force Acadamy sometime before he took an assistant job with the Giants.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 11-13-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I think Saban would be perfect for the Giants if we could convince him to leave Alabama after this last national championship he wins.

If I see Chip Kelly on the Giants sidelines I think I'll throw up.

Pepper Johnson deserves a HC shot. Not with us though
    Why would you vomit if Chip Kelley was the OC?

Quote Originally Posted by eeek78 View Post
    I need someone to enlighten me with regards to Patricia. The belichick coaching tree is full of misses. For every Nick saban, you have 10 Manginis. The list is fairly long with failures: McDaniels, mangini, Weiss, Romeo. Mangini was probably just as hot as Patricia, maybe even hotter and we all know how that turned out.

My preference would be an experienced HC. We tried the whole rookie HC and it hasn't worked out.
    So I view Matt Patricia a lot different than the other coaches
    And the fantasy Staff I included backs up the idea of a rookie head coach shouldn’t be a play caller he needs to tend to the entire team. I prefer my Head coaches not call plays.

Patricia has only been under Bill Belichick from 2004 until Present longer than any of those other Coordinators, The important thing to me is how dedicated to detail Belichick. Something id assume Patricia shares
    He’s held the positions
    Offensive assistant (2004)
    Assistant offensive line coach (2005)
    Linebackers coach (2006–2010)
    Safeties coach (2011)
    Defensive coordinator (2012–present)

Eric Mangini Career Record of 33-47
    He had 2 winnings season out of 3 with the Jets
    And a record of 10 and 22 with the Browns in 2 seasons
    Josh McDaniels just did too much to fast in Denver and only lasted 2 seasons
    Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss are career Coordinators

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I think with the NY Ties Belichick has and his respect of the Originzation
    and Patricia is from upstate new york going to school at RPI
    So id imagine if Mara called Patricia would pick up the phone.
    Last edited by Bburns; 11-14-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Why would you vomit if Chip Kelley was the OC?
    We don't need control freaks as OC's and DC's. We need a proven leader as a HC and guys that will support him and do their jobs.

Tom Coughlin offered Chip Kelly the OC job when he was at Oregon but NO...Chip wanted a HC job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast