Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about it as an off-season move. Noah has already been asked to stay away from the Knicks. It's probably a matter of whether the Knicks just cut him or if they try to trade him.
    The issue with this is the Knicks may go into full tank mode. I doubt they'd trade a top 7ish pick in this loaded draft even if they'd get rid of Noah contract.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    The issue with this is the Knicks may go into full tank mode. I doubt they'd trade a top 7ish pick in this loaded draft even if they'd get rid of Noah contract.
    Yeah, it would depend on where they end up in the draft, how they rate the talent in the draft, and if they think they can sign quality free agents.

I think Ayton or Bagley are the guys to target. Personally I prefer Ayton.

Going into the season, Porter is actually the guy I liked most though so if he looks healthy and recovered, I'd be ok with him too.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 02-13-2018 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I don't follow college closely. I usually study the players once the college season ends and its pre draft.

I am intrigued by Luka Doncic. He is only 18 but sounds like he is a very polished player that is much more NBA ready than Porzingis was at the same age. He is a 6'8" player who can play PG/SG/SF. He has good range for a 18 year old.

Picking players that are NBA ready usually ends up with mediocre talent like WCS. I would rather go for a home run pick even if it takes a couple of seasons to mature like say Fox.
    Agree with Doncic but don't think we can paint with such a broad brush. People are unique- I think WCS would be a different player on a different team. Consider Lillard, Mccollum Curry, Green, Thomas, Kuzma, Duncan. Its about situation, talent, team, athleticism, psychology, fit. Look at George Hill's fit. He is a great 3d option on a team that moves the ball well. Not great on the kings with little experience and a high ball screen offense.

Jaren Jackson has jumped to the top 3 on most peoples big boards as an NBA ready player not super high upside player Doncic I think could be great in the right situation don't know if its the Kings though not super high on Bagley his lack of Defense and his inconsistent jump shot make me nervous I'm super high on Ayton but don't see us getting him unless we are the #1 pick but if you are the Kings GM what does your big board look like I'll post mine if you guys post yours

Quote Originally Posted by kmoneyjuice View Post
    Agree with Doncic but don't think we can paint with such a broad brush. People are unique- I think WCS would be a different player on a different team. Consider Lillard, Mccollum Curry, Green, Thomas, Kuzma, Duncan. Its about situation, talent, team, athleticism, psychology, fit. Look at George Hill's fit. He is a great 3d option on a team that moves the ball well. Not great on the kings with little experience and a high ball screen offense.
    Duncan is a different situation as he could of came out his 2nd season and been the 1st overall pick but he wanted to stay in school and gets his diploma.

I am not painting a broad stroke I am picking the averages. The upperclass men I am concerned about are the players that don't develop until their upper class seasons and elevate their draft status because of it. Generally your best players are players that did well as fresh and soph. Guys like Buddy Hield who is a quality NBA player looked much better in college because he was a senior playing as the oldest and most experienced player on the court. These players who are NBA ready end up getting drafted higher than their skill level because they look better in college than their true talent level.

I disagree with WCS. The problem with WCS is he has a center skill set playing in a power forwards body, doesnt matter what team he plays for that problem isnt going to change. I doubt he will ever develop into anything more than a backup quality player on a playoff quality team unless he develops a consistent jump shot and moves to the power forward position like say a Lamarcus Aldridge.
    Last edited by Plague; 02-15-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    Jaren Jackson has jumped to the top 3 on most peoples big boards as an NBA ready player not super high upside player Doncic I think could be great in the right situation don't know if its the Kings though not super high on Bagley his lack of Defense and his inconsistent jump shot make me nervous I'm super high on Ayton but don't see us getting him unless we are the #1 pick but if you are the Kings GM what does your big board look like I'll post mine if you guys post yours
    Here's how my rankings are looking so far:

1. Ayton
    2. Doncic
    3. Porter
    4. Young
    5. Jackson
    6. Bamba
    7. Bagley
    8. Bridges (from Nova)

I'm surprised some of you are so low on Bagley. I mean 7th? C'mon now.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I'm surprised some of you are so low on Bagley. I mean 7th? C'mon now.
    He reminds me of JJ Hickson.

There's like 8 teams that have a realistic chance to get #1 pick (pre lottery). Kind of scary that Kings can end up 8th worst.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Michael Porter JR was cleared to play.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...95893868515328

Missouri has 3 regular season games left, SEC tournament and March Madness mostly likely.

Quote Originally Posted by 101O11 View Post
    Michael Porter JR was cleared to play.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...95893868515328

Missouri has 3 regular season games left, SEC tournament and March Madness mostly likely.
    Hopefully we get to see him play a few games this season. I think it would say something about his make up if he's willing to go out there and compete.

Ha! Just saw the bottom 9 teams are on a 44 games losing streak.

Quote Originally Posted by 101O11 View Post
    Ha! Just saw the bottom 9 teams are on a 44 games losing streak.
    The Tankoff Race is closer than the Playoff Race.

right now if the Kings keep the position at 3/4 lets say the Kings are 4 and the order goes 1. Ayton 2. Doncic 3. Young 4. who do you draft I go for Porter if he plays and looks decent

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast