Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    Yes i do, JJJ was foul prone. I am not going to say JJJ can't be better than Bomba though. This draft class is stacked with really great talent, who knows who will be better, but you better not get one of the busts while someone finds a multi-year all star in the 20s. So, you better know and be able to live with the floor of your player. I think Bomba's floor is higher than JJJ's.
    If we're drafting based on floor, I think Doncic has to be the pick. The guy was the MVP of the championship team in the second best league in the world. I watched the championship game and recognized more than half the players in the game as past NBA players. At 19, he already stands out vs. NBA level talent. He may not end up being the best player from this draft, but it's hard for me to see him being a bust.

Would you guys rather Pass up Doncic + see him flourish elsewhere OR draft Doncic and see him be a bust?

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Would you guys rather Pass up Doncic + see him flourish elsewhere OR draft Doncic and see him be a bust?
    Huh? Am I missing something? You could ask same thing about any player...

I'm not worried about what happens to other players... I'm just focused on getting the best players on our team.

Wow really...what a question?
    But i will answer it.
    that's easy, flourish somewhere else.
    That means our pick still has a chance to succeed. If he flops as our pick, we are done!
    Last edited by sneak; 06-09-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Huh? Am I missing something? You could ask same thing about any player...

I'm not worried about what happens to other players... I'm just focused on getting the best players on our team.
    I was getting at something but I can't remember what.

“Maybe one of these days I won't fail ” - Clayton Kershaw following Dodgers World Series loss

Would you rather take the pick at 2 or trade down and possibly get two 1st rnd pick me I would love to get two lottery picks and get MPJ and either JJJ or Bamba that would fill all the needs of our team but what would you guys prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightflyer View Post
    Would you rather take the pick at 2 or trade down and possibly get two 1st rnd pick me I would love to get two lottery picks and get MPJ and either JJJ or Bamba that would fill all the needs of our team but what would you guys prefer?
    We don't need more first round picks, we need more star power. But, there is a 4 man tier for me. And luckily, all 4 could fit on our team. So I'd trade down to pick #4. If we could get another pick, I'd take a high ceiling player.

I bet the clips would trade the 12th and 13th for the 2nd... other than that it would be hard to find a 3 way trade that both works and 3 teams like.

So according to people at the Porter jr workout he shot a lot his shot looked extremely good and he was doing back exercises to show his back was ok

So according to people at the Porter jr workout he shot a lot his shot looked extremely good and he was doing back exercises to show his back was ok
    Willie (WCS) did say he would draft a SF if he were the Kings GM... HAHAAHA WILLIE!

If I'm Joerger I define WCS role as a defensive anchor and say we will make offensive plays for you if you can be a good consistent defender and if you get a #1 option in the draft I think his spacing will help him as well

Depends entirely on how our draft pick turns out if we do pass on Doncic.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by sneak View Post
    I can poke holes in everyone's offensive game in the top of te draft, good luck poking holes in Bambas defense. Good is good no matter how it comes, we need really good playera that no matter what, make a difference in a game. We have offensive players, they just don't get any time to shine because our defense is ao putrid that a travel 8th grade boys team can score in the mid-80's in us.
    Of course you want the best player no matter what shape or size they come in. But unfortunately, none of us can predict the future, so I prefer the player that is the most advanced offensively and thrives in a style of play that is more common with today's NBA.

The fact is, bigs in today's NBA who are not versatile offensively just can't make as much of an impact as wings who can handle the ball, score at all 3 levels, and pass to set up others. If Bomba becomes a defensive stud much like Gobert, that will be very valuable, but it likely won't make us a contender. It'll maybe make us as good as the Jazz... a mid to low playoff seed in the West. However, if Doncic reaches his offensive potential, the upside is much higher. He could potentially lead this pathetic franchise to a new era, getting rid of the stain that is currently plaguing this franchise. Doncic has shown that he can be the leader of a team and a winner and that's perhaps his most important trait.

The way I see it is, there is risk involved no matter who you take, but the upside with Doncic is higher because his strengths as a prospect align perfectly with the modern game in the NBA. Maybe a guy like Bomba with his crazy wingspan and rim protecting is a bit more of a sure thing, but the upside of that type of player just isn't going to be as high as a scoring/playmaking winger. IMO Doncic might be the riskier pick, but the Kings have to take a chance and go for the player who has a chance to be the biggest difference maker. That player is Doncic IMO. When you talk about Bomba, I think he's a safe pick. He's safe because at the very least he should be a solid starting center with his rim protecting. But we can't go safe here. We need to go for the jackpot.

I will say this though, I'm a bit hesitant to take a big man who doesn't give you that rim protecting presence. That makes me question Bagley a bit. I like that Bagley killed it at Duke, but my question about Bagley is can he create enough offense without the low post game, because the low post game alone is not enough. The low post game will never be enough in today's NBA because NBA teams can always take that away from you. It's a problem we've seen first hand with DMC.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 06-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

I love Porter's jump shot. It's a thing of beauty.

With that said, McLemore's jump shot was also a thing of beauty.
    Marmolololololol

If there was a way to get Porter and one of the good bigs in this draft I'd prefer that, but I don't think that's feasible for us. But yes, I'd rather have Porter and one of JJJ/Bamba than any single prospect.
    Marmolololololol

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast