Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Ellerbe is a depth signing. Maybe he returns to his old form but I wouldn't expect much out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I won't say this on the NFL forum but I'll say it here.
    Some of you know that I was mocked, even on the Cowboys forum, for telling the Cowboys fans to concentrate on the Falcons game.
    The defense is getting better. Elliot won't be missed. Morris is just as good. Yada, yada, yada.
    Well. The Cowboys lost and now they are 3 games back.
    The Eagles need to make the lead 4 and then the ONLY thing that they will say is "We have more Super Bowl rings than you do".
    Cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

The defensive line should destroy that o line. Dez is there only weapon right now. Carson should eat that defense alive. Finish them off boys!
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

I'm really confused by this.

With only 4 teams playing 10 or 8 games, it's a little clearer to see how the overall teams stack in defensive and offensive numbers.

Eagles are ranked #1 in rush def according to PFR with the least rush attempts against, tied for 2nd least TDs given up, tied for 3rd least y/a, best at yards given up and yards per game.

This makes sense.

Now, Eagles are the 24th ranked pass defense. They have given up the most completions but also have had the most attempts against (The 3 teams closest? the only 3 teams to play 10 games so far). They've given up 6 more completions than the next closest 9 game team, however, have had 23 more attempts against than the closest 9 game team. In saying that, they have the 13th best comp% allowed. So they have the most completions allowed and pass attempts allowed yet they are allowing the 13th best comp%. I'd say that's really freaking good. Most completions but allowing only the 9th most yards allowed also allowing the 11th best y/a and 11th best yards per completion. They also have the 10th best passrate against. 8th best in INT% and 13th best in TD%.

I'm really thinking PFR ranks heavily on completions and yards.

The Eagles are certainly a top 15 pass defense. They have the Eagles as the 12th total defense. I'd say the Eagles are easily a top 10.

Total Defense:
    Eagles allow the 11th best yards per play, 7th most TOs, give up the 8th least first downs, have given up the 11th fewest points. 7th best in drives ending in points, 7th best in TO%.

The Eagles have a really ****ing good overall team and a super underrated defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456