Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    so if the Cards, Skins, Falcons, Texans, and Dolphins all win this week we would have a 2 game or more cushion on everyone in the NFC. Really doubt the Texans win but the rest are possible.
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    so if the Cards, Skins, Falcons, Texans, and Dolphins all win this week we would have a 2 game or more cushion on everyone in the NFC. Really doubt the Texans win but the rest are possible.
    Have faith in our Houston brethren.

The return... 2018-19

I hate Houston after the world series.. I'll hate them a little less though if they can help the Eagles in the standings

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I really love that he's visible all the time. On the sideline during the game, the post game photo ops, the fact that he's being called on in meetings. I really think he's going to be special once he's back healthy.
    The Eagles have been real quiet about any sidney Jones updates.. Have you (or anybody else in here) seen any updates that say he's running or any videos with him or something? It's hard to find anything tbh.. All I've seen is coaches being very vague and simply just stating that he's "on track with his recovery process".

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    The Eagles have been real quiet about any sidney Jones updates.. Have you (or anybody else in here) seen any updates that say he's running or any videos with him or something? It's hard to find anything tbh.. All I've seen is coaches being very vague and simply just stating that he's "on track with his recovery process".

I haven't seen anything, honestly. They're keeping him very under wraps.

The return... 2018-19

The return... 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

According to Dave Spadaro on the Eagles website, there aren't any updates on Sidney Jones.
    Ertz and Darby will probably be ready for Dallas.
    There aren't any other injuries to speak of.

I would expect them to likely have zero interest in pushing Jones this year. With Robinson, Mills, Douglas, and a returning Darby, the secondary may not be studly, but it's more than capable right now. Jones won't dent that coming back from his injury and his timetable. I bet he isn't going to "practice" with the team this year and he never comes off IR.
    We're From Philadelphia

We. Fight.

I'm not even sure Jones would be able to contribute this year even if he was deemed healthy. The guy is coming off a terrible injury and has had zero playing time in the NFL. Darby, Mills, and Robinson are all better given those circumstances and Douglas is probably ahead of him based on his early playtime and training camp experience. Give him a redshirt year and let him go at 100% next year.

If we have a 2 game cushion at the end of the season, I could see us giving him some in game experience the last game or two. We have Dallas and Oakland, so those are slouches either. If we pull into week 16/17 at 12-2 or better (), I could see him getting some snaps in those last two for sure. It would be extremely valuable for him if he can get a few weeks of practice in starting mid-December (which I believe was pretty much the end of the time table for him).

I really depends on his health. If he is a full go and waiting until next season won't benefit him at all I am all for him being active. If there is a benefit of him resting and waiting I would definitely go with the rest route with where he would be on the depth chart. I don't think anyone in here is advocating playing him if he isn't fully healthy though, so most of us are on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    If we have a 2 game cushion at the end of the season, I could see us giving him some in game experience the last game or two. We have Dallas and Oakland, so those are slouches either. If we pull into week 16/17 at 12-2 or better (), I could see him getting some snaps in those last two for sure. It would be extremely valuable for him if he can get a few weeks of practice in starting mid-December (which I believe was pretty much the end of the time table for him).
    at the same time im not risking him getting hurt in meaningless games
    2018 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
    EMBRACE. THE. TARGET.

The playoffs wouldn't be meaningless.

I've changed my stance on the sidney Jones situation. Originally I wanted him to be back this year as soon as he was healthy enough to play (mostly because I had 0 faith in the cornerbacks on the current roster). I've changed my mind and now I'd prefer for him to sit the entire year and come back at 100% (or close to it) next year. The cornerback group that the eagles have is good enough imo.

The only scenario in which I'd want to see Jones play later this year is if injuries among the cornerbacks start to occur and it opens up major holes in the secondary like last year. Putting Jones in there would be a risk health wise, but if he's healthy enough to go it would help the Eagles during a playoff run.

Your baby can't do this

I don't think he would be as much of an injury risk at that point. Any injury that were to occur at that point (muscle pulls, etc.) would be well healed in time for 2018s season. If he injured that ankle again, it likely would not be the same type of injury as he should be well healed at that point (80-100%) as a torn achilles usually yields a 6 month recovery to 100% health.

Still love this article...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/05/03/nf...delphia-eagles

Who knows...we could possibly see him play in Los Angeles against the Rams. Unlikely...but possible...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast