Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    RT was damn good last year pushing the ball

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachpo...-ball-project/
    Ryan Tannehill is a really good quarterback, and though his deep passing lacks quantity, it easily makes up for it in quality.
    If you only throw to WR that are open your percentage is going to be higher as you don't need to be as accurate on your plcement to make the completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    If you only throw to WR that are open your percentage is going to be higher as you don't need to be as accurate on your plcement to make the completion.
    is this a complaint because Tannehill tries to protect the ball and not turn it over? Is this a complaint because Tannehill's field recognition developed really well last year under Gase?

I'd be curious to see how many game plans call for the QB to NOT throw to an open receiver . . . .

Yea I don't understand what his issue is with not throwing a ball to a guy who is covered lol. And If you watched the video of the throws he made last year aton where on the money and in the correct spots. Go watch every deep throw in the league last year and compare, he was on par or better than everyone last year.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    is this a complaint because Tannehill tries to protect the ball and not turn it over? Is this a complaint because Tannehill's field recognition developed really well last year under Gase?

I'd be curious to see how many game plans call for the QB to NOT throw to an open receiver . . . .
    I think its silly that you and wrench would read it as a complaint.

Why would I complain about throwing to a open WR? Every QB should throw to open receivers down field.

What I dont like is when QB's tend to only throw downfield if the WR are wide open, in the NFL against decent defenses open defenses down field are uncommon. What you call protecting the ball I call protecting the QB. Generally if you want to win you need big plays. This is the NFL not college If you want to be a good QB you have to make some tough throws down field. Stills has proven he can make some big plays in tight coverage but when Cutler is in the game I generally see dink passes to Stills. In my opinion we are wasting Stills skills. I will take a interception here and there in order to score some points. With Cutler and Tannehill it seems like we are trying to win games 13-10.

As far as Tannehill. Three things I didnt like about him. He is a statue in the pocket. He lacked down field accuracy. He is conservative. Last season he improved his down field accuracy. I didnt think his accuracy was a problem last season. Take away the three games Matt Moore played last season and we were 21st in scoring offense which is the best in Tannehills career. You need to put points on the board. Qb is the biggest difference in scoring points. Look at how some of the teams are doing in the NFL that lost good QBs. If we are lucky Tannehill will turn into Alex Smith, they have similar styles.

I still like Matt Moore the best despite the Ravens game. We lost last season to the Ravens 38-6 with Tannehill at QB and I didnt see anyone who liked Tannehill call for him to be replaced after that Ravens game. I would like to see Matt Moore start a good 5 games in a row and not just 1.

With all that said I don't like any of our QB's going forward. I totally expect next season Tannehill will be our starting QB, we won't draft a OL in the first 3 rounds, we will likely not draft a QB or maybe draft 1 in the seventh round. We will sign a couple backup quality OL. We will be a conservative offense whose goal is to win 14-13.

I like Gase better than Philbin but so far I don't like Gase gameplan. He is ultra conservative. He is like Jim Mora reincarnated. 3rd and 10 against the Raiders and he runs a draw. How many times we going to throw the ball 3 yards down field on 3rd and 8? Cutler didn't throw the ball downfield last week until it was too late. When we threw the ball downfield look how fast we moved. I am not giving up on Gase yet because I feel he is changing the culture, but if he doesn't change his strategy from not letting the offense lose the game to putting the offense in a position to win the game I will be jumping off the Gase bandwagon.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-10-2017 at 12:18 AM.

well said. I agree with all of that

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234