Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    On another note: Is it coincidence that Lopez is actually getting rebounds the last couple of games? He has upped his game and probably will do so for the rest of the year. It will be interesting to see if he continues this. If he does, then I don't want anything to do with him. Because he is just playing for the paycheck at this point. I know a lot of you guys don't want him back anyway, but I was going to give him a chance if we could get him for a discount.
    He's getting more rebounds because he's not planting his *** behind the 3 point line as much lately. I think that's where he should stay, in the low to mid high post. Occasional pick and pop 3s are OK, but I'd prefer that to be maybe 5% of his offensive game

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

I think it's a good plan B if Randle doesn't work out. Also it can used as a negotiating tactic by the FO. This is assuming we would give Gordon that max and Orlando wouldn't match it. I think Orlando would match any offer but hey, it's the Free Agent forum so what the hell.
    I also fully expect Orlando to match any offer on Aaron Gordon. But hey, you never know

Your baby can't do this

On another note: Is it coincidence that Lopez is actually getting rebounds the last couple of games? He has upped his game and probably will do so for the rest of the year. It will be interesting to see if he continues this. If he does, then I don't want anything to do with him. Because he is just playing for the paycheck at this point. I know a lot of you guys don't want him back anyway, but I was going to give him a chance if we could get him for a discount.
    I think it took him awhile to catch up to the speed Luke wanted us to play and that the coach just decided to use him because the focus was developing our young core and he didn't know how to incorporate Brooks game with their development. I think blaming Brook is like blaming Julius Randle for killing it now, they both came into the season wanting to prove their worth but the coach constantly harped on playing for each other and not your contract. Luke has finally realized he could have had his cake and ate it to and we could have been more seriously been in the playoff conversations.

5 rebounds and 8 rebounds in the last two games!

Let's party baby!!

Food for thought. Would you guys rather sign Aaron Gordon this offseason than Randle. Gordon will be a little more but has more upside. Also more injury prone. They both are RFA. What do you guys think.
    Interesting option. But randle is the better fit. I can't really see Gordon playing small ball 5 like randle can. Also idk how well hed buy into our system. He def seems like a me firsr kind of guy but that could be the result of most his teammates arent great and the magic rely heavily on him doing so ala Devin booker and the suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    5 rebounds and 8 rebounds in the last two games!

Let's party baby!!
    Career highs in back to back games?! Resign him= championship!

Cant find it now, but read a tweet recently from a journo saying they believed that Lopez was keen to come back and they used the term exception. Anyway, under the right circumstances Id bring back Lopez. Hes far from spent and far from the worst option available, but I wouldnt break the bank. We need more D in the middle, Id prefer a Cousins or Noel, but wouldnt discount Brook.

Im still on the George FA train. I never wanted James, I think we need a team mentality without the Kobe-esque Alpha dog scenario. Id also take a flyer on Cousins on a significant 1yr prove it deal. He is high risk, but massive reward. Id bring back IT if I could on a deal that we can increase after a full year of prove your health and team fit which I think is doeable. Then sign Randle to a good long term deal. Stretch Deng and move on.

Not sure how sign and trades work if still possible but Id really like Doug McDermott. Maybe the CLE Pick and Zubac and a swap of our 2nds. We really need a gunner to stretch the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    He's getting more rebounds because he's not planting his *** behind the 3 point line as much lately. I think that's where he should stay, in the low to mid high post. Occasional pick and pop 3s are OK, but I'd prefer that to be maybe 5% of his offensive game

He is getting more defensive rebounds. Personally I think that he was purposely not getting rebounds due to his historical foot issues. Trying not to jump as much. This is more of a McAllen Tx conspiracy thing than anything else. He did not want to injure his foot. Now that is only 20 games left and he is in a contract year, I think he is trying to do just that and increase his value.

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    Career highs in back to back games?! Resign him= championship!
    That's actually good for BLO. Lonzo and KCP are getting more rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    Cant find it now, but read a tweet recently from a journo saying they believed that Lopez was keen to come back and they used the term exception. Anyway, under the right circumstances Id bring back Lopez. Hes far from spent and far from the worst option available, but I wouldnt break the bank. We need more D in the middle, Id prefer a Cousins or Noel, but wouldnt discount Brook.

Im still on the George FA train. I never wanted James, I think we need a team mentality without the Kobe-esque Alpha dog scenario. Id also take a flyer on Cousins on a significant 1yr prove it deal. He is high risk, but massive reward. Id bring back IT if I could on a deal that we can increase after a full year of prove your health and team fit which I think is doeable. Then sign Randle to a good long term deal. Stretch Deng and move on.

Not sure how sign and trades work if still possible but Id really like Doug McDermott. Maybe the CLE Pick and Zubac and a swap of our 2nds. We really need a gunner to stretch the floor.
    Were they referencing mid level exception? That would be awesome. Time will tell I guess.

Sign Paul George if he accepts less than max so they can resign Randle and try to retain Lopez and IT.

Lopez, Zubac
    Randle, Kuzma
    Ingram, ariza
    Paul, hart
    Ball, IT
    Last edited by ldawg; 03-13-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Stretching Deng is not a good idea. It will linger for a long time like the Nash trade that seem like a decade ago. Its only for two more years so one more then hes an expiring contract. Thing is Deng can still play. He makes too much money to be sitting on the bench doing nothing. Luke and Magic need to take cut the BS sitting players that can produce. They did it with Randle and doing it to Deng. Play the guy already. The young guys are not ready so no use maxing out players. Gave the rookies another year to prove their worth.

Noel, Zubac, Bryant
    Randle, Fry, Deng
    Kuzma, Ariza, Rookie
    Ingram, Hart, Rookie
    Ball, Thomas, Carso

Zubac, Deng, Cavs pick and or second round pick in a sign and trade for Noel.

Noel, Fry, Bryant
    Randle, Kuzma, ??
    Ingram, Hood
    Paul, Hart, ??
    Ball, IT, Caruso
    Last edited by ldawg; 03-13-2018 at 09:03 PM.

I know this is a f/a thread but dayum I dont think we should trade the pick anymore. I say we keep the pick and draft Mitch Robinson. Dude is Embiid light. Check out the measurements from nbadraft.net and google his highlights:

Notes: Measured 7'0 without shoes, 7'1 with shoes, 223 lbs, with a 7'4 wingspan and 9'3 standing reach at the June 2017 USA U19 tryouts

The way we draft, I wouldnt mind keeping the pick either.