Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I don't think it sucks for him at all. He gets paid over 18million per year to do nothing. I'd love that gig tbh. If playing time was really the most important thing to him, he can easily come to an agreement of a buyout, but he's being too greedy. He doesn't want to give up too much money. He talks the talk, and says he wants to play and all that, well he needs to put his money where his mouth is. If he really wants to play, he needs to forfeit a good portion of his contract.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    No I agree. I mean id love to not do anything and get hella paid too lmao. I just think it sucks for him cuz that's a tough choice. Get hella paid and waste your final playing years or take a huge buyout and play for vets min the rest of your career. Like i said idk how much hes made his entire career but for a guy like him life after basketball may mean no more pay checks lol (depending how he's got his money set up) so to lose out on all that money to play or keep the money and not play. It just wouldn't be a super easy decision for me personally. But no I dont really feel bad for him for making millions to play (or not) a game lol. I get what you are saying fasho

I'm wrong then. I read somewhere a while back that he didn't, I guess I was mislead. I still think if he truly does want playing time on another team bad enough, then he can work things out with the lakers.

I read an article (or maybe heard on sport's talk radio) sayin he (For home games at least) stayed in the training room and watched the game and ran in place when the players were running and did defensive slides like he was defending the guy w the ball and what not. Apparently hes trying to stay in game playing shape so that if/when he is able to play agaib he's as ready as possible.

I feel like hes been a pretty stand up professional for the most part of it. But again like you said if i was getting paid 18 mill to do that, I would too lol

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    No I agree. I mean id love to not do anything and get hella paid too lmao. I just think it sucks for him cuz that's a tough choice. Get hella paid and waste your final playing years or take a huge buyout and play for vets min the rest of your career. Like i said idk how much hes made his entire career but for a guy like him life after basketball may mean no more pay checks lol (depending how he's got his money set up) so to lose out on all that money to play or keep the money and not play. It just wouldn't be a super easy decision for me personally. But no I dont really feel bad for him for making millions to play (or not) a game lol. I get what you are saying fasho
    I think if they do come to an agreement of a buyout, it'll be something along the lines of 3-5million less per year (and lakers will resume the remainder of the contract after that 3-5mill). He will then go and sign with some other team for 3-5million so he will probably still make the same amount of money (or close).

Quote Originally Posted by LA4life24/8 View Post
    I read an article (or maybe heard on sport's talk radio) sayin he (For home games at least) stayed in the training room and watched the game and ran in place when the players were running and did defensive slides like he was defending the guy w the ball and what not. Apparently hes trying to stay in game playing shape so that if/when he is able to play agaib he's as ready as possible.

I feel like hes been a pretty stand up professional for the most part of it. But again like you said if i was getting paid 18 mill to do that, I would too lol
    That's actually pretty cool of him to do that if true. I feel bad now, I couldn't have been more wrong haha.. :/

Your baby can't do this

I think if they do come to an agreement of a buyout, it'll be something along the lines of 3-5million less per year (and lakers will resume the remainder of the contract after that 3-5mill). He will then go and sign with some other team for 3-5million so he will probably still make the same amount of money (or close).

That's actually pretty cool of him to do that if true. I feel bad now, I couldn't have been more wrong haha.. :/

No need to feel bad, you were right with your original assessment. Deng is the one who went public and said he "just" wants to play. He was already told he wasn't gonna be in the teams rotation. If he really "just" wants to play and had already been told he wasn't gonna play in LA then a buy out should've come from him so he can go play elsewhere.

Especially coming from you Jaydubb (Mr No Loyalty lol). The NBA is a business and the FO is making business decisions, he's getting paid. He would have a reason to complain if he wasn't getting paid but it's very noticeable that he hasn't missed no meals. No reason to feel bad, **** Deng.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    No need to feel bad, you were right with your original assessment. Deng is the one who went public and said he "just" wants to play. He was already told he wasn't gonna be in the teams rotation. If he really "just" wants to play and had already been told he wasn't gonna play in LA then a buy out should've come from him so he can go play elsewhere.

Especially coming from you Jaydubb (Mr No Loyalty lol). The NBA is a business and the FO is making business decisions, he's getting paid. He would have a reason to complain if he wasn't getting paid but it's very noticeable that he hasn't missed no meals. No reason to feel bad, **** Deng.
    Eh, I don't feel too bad.. Regardless of what people say, the guy is still making millions and millions more than I am.

Your baby can't do this

Man. Fck it. save the cap for 2019 [Klay/Kawhi/Jokic]. Give this squad and the two incoming draft picks another year to gel.

1. Re-sign IT to a friendly JC like deal
    2. Sign Hood and Noel to huge one year deals
    3. Go over the cap to resign Randle [4yr/$64M]

Noel/Zubac/Bryant
    Randle/Kuzma
    Ingram/Wear
    Hood/Hart
    Ball/Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Man. Fck it. save the cap for 2019 [Klay/Kawhi/Jokic]. Give this squad and the two incoming draft picks another year to gel.

1. Re-sign IT to a friendly JC like deal
    2. Sign Hood and Noel to huge one year deals
    3. Go over the cap to resign Randle [4yr/$64M]

Noel/Zubac/Bryant
    Randle/Kuzma
    Ingram/Wear
    Hood/Hart
    Ball/Thomas
    I think what's flawed with this concept and everyone else saying f it wait until 2019, is that you don't know what's guaranteed in 2019. In theory, there's zero reason to believe Klay wants out of GS. There's zero reason to think Kawhi would leave SA aside from hearsay in the media but nothing from him personally.

I think Lakers need to go after the all-stars now. As we've said over and over again, it's an all-star driven league. Staying 100% young won't lead to premier success (or at least it's a rarity). I don't think getting PG-13 is a MUST and then I think just by bringing back IT and keeping Julius, the team will be legit contenders if Pelinka/Magic can get the right prices to maintain flexibility once Deng is out.

Haha Ehh like ya said. Dudes makin millions. We cant feel too bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by shauneazy View Post
    I think what's flawed with this concept and everyone else saying f it wait until 2019, is that you don't know what's guaranteed in 2019. In theory, there's zero reason to believe Klay wants out of GS. There's zero reason to think Kawhi would leave SA aside from hearsay in the media but nothing from him personally.

I think Lakers need to go after the all-stars now. As we've said over and over again, it's an all-star driven league. Staying 100% young won't lead to premier success (or at least it's a rarity). I don't think getting PG-13 is a MUST and then I think just by bringing back IT and keeping Julius, the team will be legit contenders if Pelinka/Magic can get the right prices to maintain flexibility once Deng is out.
    I totally agree with this. Sign the right guys now. I would go all out on PG13. Resign Randle, IT, & KCP. And for C either go after DMC, Capela, or Lopez. Use the pick to try and trade Deng. Our core is improving by the day, BI, Randle, Kuz, & Lonzo will be even better next year with the right pieces.

I am just so excited that we are not tanking anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by parr4 View Post
    I totally agree with this. Sign the right guys now. I would go all out on PG13. Resign Randle, IT, & KCP. And for C either go after DMC, Capela, or Lopez. Use the pick to try and trade Deng. Our core is improving by the day, BI, Randle, Kuz, & Lonzo will be even better next year with the right pieces.

Nice post.

Food for thought. Would you guys rather sign Aaron Gordon this offseason than Randle. Gordon will be a little more but has more upside. Also more injury prone. They both are RFA. What do you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Food for thought. Would you guys rather sign Aaron Gordon this offseason than Randle. Gordon will be a little more but has more upside. Also more injury prone. They both are RFA. What do you guys think.
    Hard to say because they are very different players. Randle is a better passer and rebounder but Aaron Gordon is a better all around scorer and defender. Can't go wrong either way tbh but I think with such a fast pace offense and the way the lakers run their offense, Randle is the better fit. Luke would definitely covet Aaron Gordon's versatility on both offense and defense though, I'm sure

Your baby can't do this

Hard to say because they are very different players. Randle is a better passer and rebounder but Aaron Gordon is a better all around scorer and defender. Can't go wrong either way tbh but I think with such a fast pace offense and the way the lakers run their offense, Randle is the better fit. Luke would definitely covet Aaron Gordon's versatility on both offense and defense though, I'm sure

I think it's a good plan B if Randle doesn't work out. Also it can used as a negotiating tactic by the FO. This is assuming we would give Gordon that max and Orlando wouldn't match it. I think Orlando would match any offer but hey, it's the Free Agent forum so what the hell.

Quote Originally Posted by parr4 View Post

We might not need to trade Deng to sign those guys. Also I don't think IT will sign with us since he will be a 6th man for us. He wants starter/all star minutes. You can tell by his "swag", he won't take a backseat to anyone. Especially to Lonzo (a second year player next year). I agree though. Just sign PG13 (if he wants us). Hopefully KCP/Lopez would want 1 year deals again.

On another note: Is it coincidence that Lopez is actually getting rebounds the last couple of games? He has upped his game and probably will do so for the rest of the year. It will be interesting to see if he continues this. If he does, then I don't want anything to do with him. Because he is just playing for the paycheck at this point. I know a lot of you guys don't want him back anyway, but I was going to give him a chance if we could get him for a discount.