Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 206 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    They won't let him play. H8s contract is already impossible to move could you imagine of he went out there and tore an acl or something. He's never agree to a buyout and no team would trade for him even if assets were attached.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Thus why we should had only given him a 2 year deal not 4 years.

They won't let him play. H8s contract is already impossible to move could you imagine of he went out there and tore an acl or something. He's never agree to a buyout and no team would trade for him even if assets were attached.

I just don't understand that logic.. If deng is already impossible to trade, how can it get any worse? I still don't understand why he's not playing.. He's actually not a terrible player, (certainly not as bad as Ennis) he's just waaaay overpaid.

Like I've said before, he had an injured pectoral muscle that he played on all last year. That can really effect quite a few things when playing basketball, especially shooting. He had successful surgery on it this past offseason. I don't see why the team doesn't want to see if he could play any better now that he's actually healthy. Kinda odd that he started the first game of the year, only played like 10 mins that game, and then the lakers shut him down completely after that. Whatevs tho..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I just don't understand that logic.. If deng is already impossible to trade, how can it get any worse? I still don't understand why he's not playing.. He's actually not a terrible player, (certainly not as bad as Ennis) he's just waaaay overpaid.

Like I've said before, he had an injured pectoral muscle that he played on all last year. That can really effect quite a few things when playing basketball, especially shooting. He had successful surgery on it this past offseason. I don't see why the team doesn't want to see if he could play any better now that he's actually healthy. Kinda odd that he started the first game of the year, only played like 10 mins that game, and then the lakers shut him down completely after that. Whatevs tho..

I think heís terrible, honestly.... but yea... I do think he is better than Ennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    I think heís terrible, honestly.... but yea... I do think he is better than Ennis.
    And Ennis still gets more playing time than Deng especially now with Hart out.

Hereís a list of people Ennis is better than in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Hereís a list of people Ennis is better than in the NBA.

Lolz, good list. But I'll take 2 of them dots for sure before Ennis and another one could go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    I don't think he's terrible (I don't think he's good either tbh) but I do think he has terrible value considering his contract and level of play, if that makes sense. If he was getting paid vets minimum I think he wouldn't get as much hate from the FO or from the fans.

Regardless, I don't really miss him as a player at all, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's already played his last game as a laker.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

However Impossible he might be to trade now, just imagine trying to trade him after a major injury. At least healthy, you can attach a pick or young guy and probably get some rebuilding team to bite since he will only have 2 years left on his deal.

However Impossible he might be to trade now, just imagine trying to trade him after a major injury. At least healthy, you can attach a pick or young guy and probably get some rebuilding team to bite since he will only have 2 years left on his deal.

True. Can't argue with that.. I still think it's more likely that he can improve his value with minutes than hurt it. Ah, doesn't matter tbh, he will be hard AF to trade no matter what haha

Your baby can't do this

I just don't see the urgency is for wanting to trade Deng. Especially giving up young players and draft picks. Why? For what?

We are set at 3 starting positions PG (Ball), SF (Ingram) & PF (with either Randle or Kuzma). We have enough money to get us a star starting SG in PG and we still have another $23 million to sign players before having to sign Randle. For who do we need all this extra money for that you guys are willing to give up young players and draft picks just to dump Deng?

I've mentioned I would give Randle a 5 year $100 million contract if he were to wait till the FO fully worked their cap flexibility before actually signing him.

Looking at cap projections in the upcoming seasons I would do that even more so now. The projected cap in 19-20 goes up $7 million to $108 million. That would make Randles contract look like $18 in today's cap. Then in the 20-21 season the projected cap shoots up $12 million to $120 million. Assuming Randle continues to improve even a little bit he would be one of the biggest bargains in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I just don't see the urgency is for wanting to trade Deng. Especially giving up young players and draft picks. Why? For what?

We are set at 3 starting positions PG (Ball), SF (Ingram) & PF (with either Randle or Kuzma). We have enough money to get us a star starting SG in PG and we still have another $23 million to sign players before having to sign Randle. For who do we need all this extra money for that you guys are willing to give up young players and draft picks just to dump Deng?
    I think there's many ways that the lakers can rebuild this team. One of the ways involves trading deng, which the FO shoukd do only in the event that they can defenitely acquire 2 or more stars. Another way (actually the way I'm more leaning towards at the moment) is trying to stockpile on young guys, develop them, and then try to play free agency in a year or two when those young guys develop into much better players. In this scenario, deng doesn't really need to be traded or stretched because the young guys salary cap will be so low anyway that they could obsorb dengs contract till a buyout is reached or a deal is made that doesn't cost an arm, a leg, and a testicle.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post

23M left before we deal with Randle and we have PG in pocket. Iíd offer Noel 10M on a 1yr prove it. Iíd give IT the rest on a 1yr prove it. PG and Noel bring the D with Hart and Ball. Noel gives Ball and IT a pick and roll partner. Bryant can be Lopez-lite.

Or Iíd offer that IT money on a multi year deal to RFA Doug McDermott. Pick 11 in 14, 26 yo, 6-8 SG/SF - Shooting .583 from 3. We could use that.

I feel Lakers are playing head games with Deng. You guys probably already know this. The FO is just making Deng get frustrated and eventually request a buyout by not playing him. Especially now that we need him. Thatís the feeling I have from the FO. I donít think they care about his trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I feel Lakers are playing head games with Deng. You guys probably already know this. The FO is just making Deng get frustrated and eventually request a buyout by not playing him. Especially now that we need him. Thatís the feeling I have from the FO. I donít think they care about his trade value.
    Probably true

Your baby can't do this